SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do to your wagon today?

754K views 13K replies 383 participants last post by  Exocet 
#1 · (Edited)
I didn't see a thread thread about this, Soooo I thought I'd start one.

Here's what i did last night:

Now she makes fun sounds

now to clean up the green injectors and install them and the MBC

See less See more
#7,994 ·
Hmmm. Been using these wrong all these years. Definitely not @skywolf approved!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#7,996 ·
I saw that on Carbage last night I think lol.

That Facebook group is desensitizing me!

#7,998 ·
Are you trying to say cold ravioli isn't good?

You can do this in a P2. The cup holders are removable and washable - but not heated for you cold ravioli haters.

#8,000 ·
whatever you do

DON'T STOP SUDDENLY

#8,007 ·
My stupid 2004 shifter cables broke, those things are f'in trash. I ordered the new style 2006+ cables and WOW imagine that, even though I ordered them next day the damn DC incorrectly marked them as on backorder... despite there being over 10 in stock :nono: Hopefully tomorrow, I'm having wagon withdrawal.

#8,013 ·
Less slack in the cables, and the linkages are of better design, they are clips instead of the ball/socket with bushings, which is what broke on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8,018 ·
Did you take a photo?

#8,021 ·
Went to the JY to get some silver trim bits off an 07 S60. One of vent levers was pretty scratched up. So much for that. The PEM was sitting in the back seat, so I grabbed it to have as a spare. It's a later 06 build date.

#8,022 ·
Found a 2015 built siren module on Evilbay for half the price of OEM new, so just swapped it in, forgot to disconnect the battery though. Adding the late revision passenger side headlight wiper module.

Trying to get motivated to sand down the R bumper. Did find my miniature headlight DA sander.

#8,024 ·
Burnt an exhaust valve in cylinder #1 on the way to woods, 270 mi away from home :( That was only 222k on the odo for the engine.

Made it back on 4 cylinders. Moving beef ramen, boose and a sleeping bag into Tundra and going to kick the log trucks roads in Maine in Toyota :(

#8,029 ·
Now, add a clear cover and some blue LEDs underneath!

#8,028 ·
Quick question: anyone recommend particular supplier for canned silver paint 426 for our cars. I found ColourRite brand on Amazon Canada. My spot is on the top of the car near the moonroof so I’m not worried about 100% match.

Cheers. I can get a different brand but it’s a brush method.

Prefer not to import it from US as it is shipped a dangerous goods and, well, you know the story ...

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#8,033 · (Edited)
Finished spraying new old wheels a few days ago, had the tires and wheels mounted up today. Not perfect, but pretty happy with the color and finish job. I've sprayed plenty of clear and pigmented lacquer on cabinets and furniture, but man, auto paint is a really different beast. Base coat lost some of its depth and sparkle and didn't flatten as much as I would have liked, and clear is a bit heavier and higher gloss than I was expecting. Overall, though, a good experience and way cheaper than 4 new wheels or having the old wheels powder coated.

#8,035 · (Edited)
Took Ruby on a nice drive through some twisty forest and rural roads a couple days back.
Ran 94 octane - although I usually do run 94, at the beginning of the drive I had a tiny bit of 91 left in the tank which was used rather quickly.
Stopped off for gas and filled up 94 all the way, and judging back-to-back, wow, what a difference. Boost built much more linearly, and felt like it didn't run out of breath on the top end as fast as it did before.
I had cleaned the wheels properly before I left, so all that brake dust build-up was from during the drive. That reminds me - I need new rotors and pads soon.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Volvo cars

#8,042 ·
So it's 305 for me. Found 305 Brembo vented and drilled front and 288 enter and drilled rears. I'll get a new brackets and be done with it.

With 316 you need a 17" wheels. Just bought new set of 16" snows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
316mm will fit under 16" wheels. Not sure if all designs will work, but early base model XC90 came with 16" wheels and they fit.

#8,047 ·
Chatted with my indie this morning about the slight noise that showed up after the last transmission R&R to replace the converter seal. No conclusion as to the cause at this point. Transmission shop doesn't think it's the converter. We don't think it's related to the crank position sensor. No signs of any vacuum/boost leaks.

So, I decided to return the car to regular use. We'll have a oil analysis done on the transmission fluid after 1k-2k miles, if nothing gets worse before then. We'll also open the remote filter to see if it has anything inside at that time.

Of course, on my way back from work this morning, I get a "Anti-Skid Service Required" message. Really!!?? The alignment is a bit off after the last subframe removal. I've also heard some creaking noises from the steering column a few weeks ago. So, maybe the clockspring? I'll get VIDA out to take a look.

#8,049 ·
Chatted with my indie this morning about the slight noise that showed up after the last transmission R&R to replace the converter seal. No conclusion as to the cause at this point. Transmission shop doesn't think it's the converter. We don't think it's related to the crank position sensor. No signs of any vacuum/boost leaks.

So, I decided to return the car to regular use. We'll have a oil analysis done on the transmission fluid after 1k-2k miles, if nothing gets worse before then. We'll also open the remote filter to see if it has anything inside at that time.

Of course, on my way back from work this morning, I get a "Anti-Skid Service Required" message. Really!!?? The alignment is a bit off after the last subframe removal. I've also heard some creaking noises from the steering column a few weeks ago. So, maybe the clockspring? I'll get VIDA out to take a look.

90% chance that's due to clock spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8,053 ·
Wife took the Volvo out for the first drive since the brake change. Looks like I somehow managed to get air in the lines while I was compressing the pistons and she had no brakes. Maybe after I pulled some fluid from the reservoir to make room, and then when I pumped the brake to reseat the pads? Who knows.

Also, my stock brake calipers are now rubbing ever so slightly on the inside of what I assume are my stock 15”s now that they have new pads in them.

#8,054 ·
Also, my stock brake calipers are now rubbing ever so slightly on the inside of what I assume are my stock 15"s now that they have new pads in them.

Like that? Lol

#8,061 ·
Well, the anti skid service warning went off this morning and hasn't come back on (yet).

#8,062 ·
Well, the anti skid service warning went off this morning and hasn't come back on (yet).

Mine's been on and off since February. These days it only comes on when I break the tires loose.

#8,066 ·
SWEET!!!
Great Coupe with mechanical fuel injection, awesome car, I have a W108 250S I have had since 83, haven't driven it much after wife passed in 02 been sitting about 10 yrs as well.
Incredible inline 6, I put over 650K Km on it, carbs, switched out the dual Zeniths for Weber years back. Ever deal with Rusty C. Rustys parts in your area? good guy & source, used to help keep the Mercedes Veterans group going with an annual BBQ.
Thanks for posting and a wake up for me, I need to restore it or let it go.

Best Regards