HQ Volvo VIDA DICE + easy start pack
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile HQ Volvo VIDA DICE + easy start pack

Hi,

I have got some comments from my buyers on ebay that I should introduce myself on this forum.
      If someone here are looking for good quality DiCE give me a note. You can find my add on ebay also seller "digital-life-354797". I supply diagnostic tool plus offer service how to setup software 2014A/B/D depends on your needs. Software basically can be used on any PC from Win_XP to WIN_10. Also with this setup you do not need 3GB of ram. Also included video tutorials for new users how to navigate with vida and where to find basic functions/tests for general use.
      Price is 170$ with shipping. Shipped from Europe with tracked post.
      If you are interested You can contact me via this forum or via ebay.

PS. Got questions why there is difference between ebay price and price on this forum?
      Answer is simple: ebay taxes + plus small discount for forum members
      So if you want full set for 170$ please contact me on forum.

__
      Digital-life
      Last edited by Digital-life; 05-23-2015 at 02:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh hey, I bought mine from you. So far so good.
      My Miata Build White 92 Miata

My Volvo Build White 2006 S60 T5

Junior Member Coerced Induction's Avatar
      A few questions
      1.where are the actual units made, Shenzhen China? Or somewhere else?
      2.Where can I get the crack this guy is smoking
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013D-Volvo-..._Tools&vxp=mtr
      it must be real good...

Im looking to pick up one if I can use it with hiltontune. Still haven't figured that out yet... looks like a firmware version of 5.5.0 is what they need.

Also you say $170 with shipping. Is it $170 plus shipping or shipping included?
      Last edited by Coerced Induction; 03-25-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: firmware update

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Sorry also is the firmware version 5.5.0 or higher? Thanks!

Shipping cost is included in price. And if item gets faulty I also cover return costs for buyer.

Firmware version is 5.6.12. Firmware can be updated or downgraded. Also keep in mind that memory where firmware is stored has limited amount of erase/write cycles(~1000) so better not to play with it very often. New firmware can be downloaded from https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....oftwareUpdates also new VIDA pushes firmware automatically if update is required to work with it. (One of the reasons why cheaper clones die after firmware update) Original and good copies use Renesas M30855 microcontroller with motorola firmware. So if you have Dice with different microcontroller you can use it only with software which was supplied when you bought it.
      I'm not making these or something like that. I'm getting them from HongKong. Doing "quality control". I drive Volvo so each unit is tested on my car. My price of course is higher than from china, but VAT and import taxes is already paid for EU buyers plus shipping time is different. Also I offer support for setting up software. I offer setups that work on any OS and any hardware PC. I know that some people buying separate laptops with 3GB ram and then installs XP just for VIDA which I say is waste of money.

P.S. There is huge difference in quality between this http://i.imgur.com/UzkmQog.jpg and green PCB. Both has multicolor LEDs and works with original firmware. But build quality is like day and night from stickers, case to soldering and components. If you checked Chinese sites blue version is always cheaper than green one and there is point for that.
      I have full box of of these blue ones because my EX supplier thought that there is no difference, I'm not brave enough to sell these on ebay... Some of these units showed battery voltage 62 volts http://i.imgur.com/SJVKnTy.jpg If some is interested in these price is only 115$ they all works but I can not guarantee accurate measurements...

I hope some info will help you to get correct device.

Just wanted to chime in and say I recently purchased this unit from Digital-Life and LOVE it. You get what you pay for and I was pleased at what I received. Thanks Darius!

I also wanted to recommend doing the Volvo training (on-line). It is somewhat clunky but if you have IE8, the training modules will run and it is the best training on using VIDA/Dice I've seen yet.

https://www.volvotechinfo.com/vtiSha...hInd/index.htm

Play around on the Volvo website as well.

https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....o.specialtools

Note: I also installed the freebie XP VM V2012 VIDA software downloaded from SS, and it had IE8 on it that ran such that the weird Volvo VIDA/Dice training website issues were not present. You might try that if you are having IEx problems.

2nd Note: I nearly drained my car battery playing around with this excellent tool on my car. The dealer has a ~$300 regulated power supply that they attach to the car battery for such activity (regular car battery charger will not work). You can use a batter jump box (a big one) or put two of them together on the car battery to help give you more time but the car sucks some serious amperage when not running and in ignition position II.

3rd Note: I didn't know about the Forum member discount when I ordered mine and missed out on the discount. Please be sure to contact Darius (i.e, Digital-Life) first to inquire about it before ordering.
      Last edited by whizkid; 05-23-2015 at 03:32 PM. Reason: 3rd Note info.
      (SOLD) 2007 S80 3.2L FWD (BD: 11/06)| Willow Green | 218K miles @ 9/2017
      Mods: IPD Alu Skid Plate | 25% tint | Qwik-Valve F104S + ADP-104 | MagnaFlow Mufflers (#11225) w/Stainless tips | GC Edge 0W-40 oil | Continental PureContact tires (225/50R17) on 17" Regor rims.

Ok Digital when I am ready I will come grab one from you. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
      Just wanted to chime in and say I recently purchased this unit from Digital-Life and LOVE it. You get what you pay for and I was pleased at what I received. Thanks Darius!

I also wanted to recommend doing the Volvo training (on-line). It is somewhat clunky but if you have IE8, the training modules will run and it is the best training on using VIDA/Dice I've seen yet.

https://www.volvotechinfo.com/vtiSha...hInd/index.htm

Play around on the Volvo website as well.

Thanks Whiz... this is what I've been looking for!
      Former Love: 1998 Volvo S70 T5 | Ember Black | All Stock | sold @ 188,000 Miles I miss her...
      Wife: 2006 Volvo XC90 AWD V8 | Metallic Silver | All Stock | 129,200 Miles
      My 'Newer' Love: 2010 Volvo S80 AWD T6 | Ember Metallic Black w/ Dynaudio, Nav, Backup Cam | 124,500 Miles

Digital sent you an email regarding purchasing a unit.

Edited first post, because got a lot of questions why there is price difference on ebay and this forum.

Hi Digital Life,

Can I use your unit to reprogram the radio and dash language to english?

My Volvo S40 is a japanese import, so the radio and instrument cluster are in Japanese.

Can I also update the radio frequency? Because Japanese radio frequency are not the intl standard too

Thanks

Hi,
      to change dash language you will need to buy subscription from volvo and software package for this procedure . Also you can try these guys http://volvocesky.cz/en/ they provide software package via online update to change language.
      I do not know about frequency is this just software thing or hardware mus be updated also.

Quote Originally Posted by reevenz View Post
      Hi Digital Life,

Can I use your unit to reprogram the radio and dash language to english?

My Volvo S40 is a japanese import, so the radio and instrument cluster are in Japanese.

Can I also update the radio frequency? Because Japanese radio frequency are not the intl standard too

Thanks

Hit there! Nice post, nice stock and customer service!
      We are currently having a thread on the vida/dice sellers on ebay/aliexpress.
      You should do your own on "clubvoloquebec" .french forum but almost everyone can speak english
      SOLD AWD s70 70: Winter Beater
      2005 V70R : Daily Driver
      2006 XC90 2.5 Ocean Race: Wife's car

Hi Darius.Thank you for your package,working like a charm,try both version,normal Vida install and VMWare install,both working excellent.Thank you again for you service,would be nice to deal with people like you every time.Janos from Toronto

PM not available?

Darius,

I'd like to order one of your units, but for some reason I can't send a PM yet??

I am interested in purchasing one as well. I sent you a PM.
      2006 V70R MT
      Sonic Blue / Gobi
      Original owner

If this offer is still available, please let me know!
      07 S60R MT Ti-GraySuspensionKW Coilovers, IPD poly inserts, IDP sways, IPD endlinks, UR Braces, IPD tranny mount Engine SNAAB turbo pipe to Audi MAF, VIVA lightened flywheel, 4T4 Turbo, OBX Catless DP, IPD catback exhaust, FMIC, Hilton tune Misc SNAAB shifter, HID fogs, custom euro headlights, Sport kit, Elevate Skirts, VIVA PCC spoiler

I'm interested, is there a link to the eBay ad?

I searched the username he listed and it doesn't look like he has any items up for sale.

I did find this though from another Swedespeed forum that looks legit.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014D-Super-...959?rmvSB=true
      07 S60R MT Ti-GraySuspensionKW Coilovers, IPD poly inserts, IDP sways, IPD endlinks, UR Braces, IPD tranny mount Engine SNAAB turbo pipe to Audi MAF, VIVA lightened flywheel, 4T4 Turbo, OBX Catless DP, IPD catback exhaust, FMIC, Hilton tune Misc SNAAB shifter, HID fogs, custom euro headlights, Sport kit, Elevate Skirts, VIVA PCC spoiler

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111633882026

This is the one I bought from the guy and it works awesome so far!
      2004 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
      EST: Interior LED's, IPD: GROM Audio USB/iPod kit, Silver Lock pins and Bezels. HD Coils, Billet torque mount, radiator hoses.

But it does look like he is currently out..
      2004 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
      EST: Interior LED's, IPD: GROM Audio USB/iPod kit, Silver Lock pins and Bezels. HD Coils, Billet torque mount, radiator hoses.

I PM'd him and have heard nothing back... You still alive our Lithuanian brother in R's?
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

Just put in my order. Looking forward to finally having VIDA/DICE after 5 years of R ownership...
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

I have the VIDA unit and 2014A installed on my computer. Will I break anything if I upgrade to windows 10? Figured you might be the best guy to ask since you claimed above it works on XP through 10.
      CHRMNDR 2007 S60R Passion Red - R-Thread - For the kid in me
      CHRIZRD 2010 XC60 Passion Red R-Design - Brushed aluminum interior kickplates - For the wife
      2007 S80 - SOLD 7/25/14
      "If you smoke fine cigars, you shouldn't worry about the price of matches"

These still available?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 10PassionRed View Post
      I have the VIDA unit and 2014A installed on my computer. Will I break anything if I upgrade to windows 10? Figured you might be the best guy to ask since you claimed above it works on XP through 10.
      It hard to tell it depends on software and windows updates on your PC. It works on WIN10 a have setup several win10 tabets with 2014D version. You will definitely need to edit some IE settings on win10 to make vida page work. You can make backup of your PC and then try.

Hi,

yes it is available. I was on vacations for almost all Oct now back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub537h View Post
      These still available?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I see you have two available on eBay at (incl shipping) 174.98 and 204.98 (Same with EWDs), is the one through the forum the one with the EWDs?

Quote Originally Posted by d451d View Post
      I see you have two available on eBay at (incl shipping) 174.98 and 204.98 (Same with EWDs), is the one through the forum the one with the EWDs?
      Yes, on forum I sell for 170$ package which on ebay is listed for about ~200$.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital-life View Post
      Hi,

I have got some comments from my buyers on ebay that I should introduce myself on this forum.
      If someone here are looking for good quality DiCE give me a note. You can find my add on ebay also seller "digital-life-354797". I supply diagnostic tool plus offer service how to setup software 2014A/B/D depends on your needs. Software basically can be used on any PC from Win_XP to WIN_10. Also with this setup you do not need 3GB of ram. Also included video tutorials for new users how to navigate with vida and where to find basic functions/tests for general use.
      Price is 170$ with shipping. Shipped from Europe with tracked post.
      If you are interested You can contact me via this forum or via ebay.

PS. Got questions why there is difference between ebay price and price on this forum?
      Answer is simple: ebay taxes + plus small discount for forum members
      So if you want full set for 170$ please contact me on forum.

__
      Digital-life
      What is the difference between A/B/D model?
      Thanks JJ

Quote Originally Posted by bigaboo View Post
      What is the difference between A/B/D model?
      Thanks JJ
      Main difference is that new models is added with each version and bugs fixed for older models.
      You can find which models is effected by 2014D in release notes https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....News-2014D.pdf
      Also A is last version which can be installed on windows XP - important who still uses windows XP.
      B&D is basically the same just D is newer.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I just got home yesterday, my DiCE and VIDA had arrived. Followed the instructions and it works.

It's easier to connect than previous diagnosis systems I had used and I am happy with it, very happy.

Big thumbs up on this one guys :-)

Thanks Digital Life!!

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Any chance for a discount on the one without the EWDs? I have no use for the diagrams but I'd love to be able to take advantage of all the other uses. Based on how good people say your product is even if the discount is not quite as big on the cheaper setup it would still be worth the premium.

I just bought one and installed it last week. There were a few issues with IE11 default settings and no Java installed, but the hardware and software works fine and Darius was very helpful in getting it working.

Quick question, I have the IPD MTE OBD2 cables already, can I use these with the Vida CD, or do I have to buy the new cables as well?
      Currently:
      1984 Volvo 245DL - Tan/Brown, M46 W/OD, 15" Virgos, GT Flathood/8" Single Round Headlights, Euro Corner Lenses, Thule Roof Rack.
      1998 Volvo V70 - Blue/Black, Auto, Parts Car
      1999 Volvo V70R - Laser Blue/Black, Auto, 18" Pegs, ABM Projection Headlights, Slotted Disc Brakes, BSR Tune, K&N Cold Air, IPD Exhaust, Thule Roof Rack.
      2000 Volvo V70 XC - Silver/Tan, Auto, Project Car
      2007 Volvo S60R - Sapphire Metallic Black/Nordkap, M66, 18" Pegs, Full Sport Body Kit, CF Werks Carbon Fiber Spliter, Nav, Bluetooth, IPod Dock, 3M 35% Tint, IPD 3” DP, IPD Boost Gauge, Volvo/Thule Roof Rack.

Previously:
      1971 Volvo 142 S - Yellow/Grey, Auto, Daily Driver
      1972 Volvo 145 E - Yellow/Grey, Auto Project Car
      1974 Volvo 145 - Green/Brown, Auto, Project Car
      1975 Volvo 245 DL - Maroon/Maroon, M46, Part Out
      1976 Volvo 245 DL - Green/Brown, M46 W/OD, Project Car
      1979 Volvo 245 DL - Blue/Black, M46, Part Out
      1983 Volvo 244 T - Maroon/Tan, Auto, Daily Driver
      1990 Volvo 744 TI - White/Tan, Auto, Daily Driver
      1991 Volvo 244 DL - Gold/Tan, Auto, Project Car
      1997 Volvo 850 T5 - Black/Tan, Auto, Daily Driver
      1998 Volvo S70 GLT - Silver/Tan, Auto, Part Out