New V60CC Review and questions on V60CC
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

New V60CC Review and questions on V60CC

Hi, long time reader but first time poster,

My wife and I have a 2011 XC90 and 2003 Audi A4 and the A4 is getting ready to be "replaced" and naturally I'm interested in a sporty wagon to replace it and I've been thinking of the V60 since it came out. I'm tired of the Audi's (even though my better half likes them) and the only other appealing choice is the bmw 328 wagon, but someone posted a thread a year ago of comparing that against the V60 in front impacts and the V60 did much better. I also think the V60 might be easier/cheaper to maintain very long term. Also, in another thread a couple people fitted a temp spare in the V60 completely under the rear cargo area, which is important to me as I have over the years changed tires enough times to be considered for new cars. (and the bmw has no possibility of that I have been able to find). These are obviously not my only considerations, but the ones that I thought I would mention here

Anyway, AlexonAutos posted a nice review of the V60CC recently:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKFDGSweYI

and it brought up a question from me: does the rear park assist camera option in the Tech package actually come with a front camera as well? I thought I heard him say you could switch between front and back using the camera button on the dash.

Also, does the V60 CC really come with a full-size spare and not a temp donut spare?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

forgot to mention I like the idea of the dual child booster seat option

I am getting a V60 with the park assist front camera. It is a separately priced option.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The Front Blindview Camera is separate and an accessory installed either at the Port or the retailer.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Hmmm. Grecian, they accepted my order for European Delivery and I am assuming it is installed at the factory before I pick it up in Sweden?

now i definitely would the front camera and it looked like it would actually be two images looking front left and front right, great for checking when pulling out forward

anyone know about the spare? My A4 and a previous car both had full size spares and they have definitely been appreciated!

The front camera does help. Also, the tech package gives cross traffic alert which beeps if you start pulling out when a car passes by in front of you. This actually helped me once when I was pulling out for a test drive.

The spare "doughnut" tire (not full size) is standard on the V60 Cross Country. For the V60 you can get a kit installed by the dealer from Volvo that has the same spare. You lose the grocery bag holder and the tire inflation kit. Others here have gotten a spare doughnut and fit it under the floor themselves. The Volvo spare kit is not inexpensive though. Not sure in USA, but in Canada, it is $750 I think. Dealers here offer a tire package for 3 yrs or more to cover tire and rim replacement if you do get a flat, too.

thanks bcz

The donut (temp) spare is more than satisfactory. I've seen the full combo kit advertised online for $540 but I believe the retail is $695 in the US? Not sure if it is standard on the V60CC but the car I saw at the auto show this year was equipped with it. I personally bought the spare tire with the small tool insert for $150 off ebay. It fit fine under the stock lid after taking out the underfloor insert.

On average the Volvo should be less costly to purchase and maintain than the Germans. I would suggest thorough test drives and make absolutely sure your wife gets the car she is most comfortable with in terms of driving characteristics, seating position, ease of maneuvering/parking and convenience features. Oh and don't forget to option all wheel drive and HID Zenon headlights. Good luck!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

Pete, do you have the donut spare in the S60 too?
      2013 S60 R-Design, Ice White
      SOLD: 2007 S60R GT Passion Red / Gobi
      2008 XC-90 V8 AWD Executive Package Willow Green / Black

thanks bmo but this is for me as my wife drives the xc90 but i'm trying to value her opinion as well! Personally i don't like the way SUVs feel/handle. I did get to drive the V60 t5 when hers was in for service and prestige volvo in east hanover was very nice to arrange for me to have one as a loaner which wasn't typical...actually since you mentioned awd, i'm still wondering if i really need it in nj especially since it would be nice to have the new engine and 8 speed tranney

I believe all the non-lifted "cars" do not come with a spare (maybe it's just the drive e) and the XC and CC versions do. That has been my observations from checking them out at dealerships. AWD is nice to have to handling purpose and for those times when the weather isn't the best. The V60CC is AWD only and while lifted, it still drives and handles well on road, haven't driven one offered or in anyplace that would get a feel for the AWD capabilities other than smooth roads. It's a great drive but if you are looking for economy, then the Drive E FWD is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS60r View Post
      Pete, do you have the donut spare in the S60 too?
      Hey Tex, yes we decided to go with the full insert box and lid in the S60. Originally we just had the tire in the bag, but it became awkward loading things around it (the hump) like luggage, boxes. The flat surface of the box seems more usable, even if sacrificing a few cubic inches, if that makes sense?..

Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by bcz View Post
      Hmmm. Grecian, they accepted my order for European Delivery and I am assuming it is installed at the factory before I pick it up in Sweden?
      Yes, it should be if it's on your confirmed order.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Look586 View Post
      thanks bmo but this is for me as my wife drives the xc90 but i'm trying to value her opinion as well! Personally i don't like the way SUVs feel/handle. I did get to drive the V60 t5 when hers was in for service and prestige volvo in east hanover was very nice to arrange for me to have one as a loaner which wasn't typical...actually since you mentioned awd, i'm still wondering if i really need it in nj especially since it would be nice to have the new engine and 8 speed tranney
      You're welcome. Whoops misunderstood about who drove the Audi...

I personally can not stand front wheel drive cars any longer. The closest I will get are these FWD biased AWD cars, but no more front wheel spin and torque steer for us going forward. The traction and stability of AWD in ALL conditions is worth the few hundred extra bucks a year in gas expense. The average MPG (mixed driving) difference between the T5 drive-e and the T5 5 cylinder is only a few MPG, unless you spend most of your driving time on the highway in Eco mode with cruise control at 60 MPH. Btw, just yesterday, I conducted a fuel economy test with my V60 T6 AWD (325 hp) w/ 20K miles on the odo, in which I had the car in cruise at 65 MPH for 50 miles on the highway (road trip), and according to the trip computer, I averaged 31 MPG. Not too shabby for a 2 ton AWD 6 cylinder with this horsepower, even if the computer is a tad generous!
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Pete,
      That's the other reason I was interested in the CC version. I think I had a s60 FWD loaner for a day and noticed that once with it. OTOH I'm less interested in fuel economy per se, but noticed that in comparing the Audi Allroad, BMW 328i wagon, and the V60, the gas tank in the V60 was ~1 gallon bigger than the other two. Coupled with the higher average economy numbers for the T5 V60, it could conceivably go significantly further on a long road trip before a fill-up. But it isn't like I'm taking long trips every week, so the handling would be more important. Plus, I wonder if long term, the 5 cylinder proven engine in the CC might be a better bet than the new 4 cylinder. My A4 is 12 years old, though only 130k but I got ~230k out of my previous car as I like to keep them long.

Pete,
      That's the other reason I was interested in the CC version. I think I had a s60 FWD loaner for a day and noticed that once with it. OTOH I'm less interested in fuel economy per se, but noticed that in comparing the Audi Allroad, BMW 328i wagon, and the V60, the gas tank in the V60 was ~1 gallon bigger than the other two. Coupled with the higher average economy numbers for the T5 V60, it could conceivably go significantly further on a long road trip before a fill-up. But it isn't like I'm taking long trips every week, so the handling would be more important. Plus, I wonder if long term, the 5 cylinder proven engine in the CC might be a better bet than the new 4 cylinder. My A4 is 12 years old, though only 130k but I got ~230k out of my previous car as I like to keep them long.
      Yes, the legacy T5 is quite bullet proof, gets very good gas mileage, and performs well on regular octane. I'm sure you'd get low 30's MPG at a modest pace on the highway with it, and yes, the Volvo's have an 18.8 gallon tank. I personally love the sound and feel of five cylinder engines. The CC is a great all around package and certainly more bang for the buck compared to the Allroad and 328i xdrive wagon.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Grecian,
      On the Front View Camera, on the Volvo accessories site (with V60 CC 2015.5 chosen), it notes for the front view camera that:
      "Only available in combination with High Performance Multi Media or Premium Sound Multi Media"
      Does that mean that more/less mean that you need the Harman Kardon Premium Sound System option? I'm looking at the V60CC Platinum edition which has that which would allow for the front view camera then.
      Thanks,
      David

If it says High Performance or Premium Sound you do not need to have the Harman Kardon system since the HK is equivalent to only the latter of the two.

excellent! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Btw, just yesterday, I conducted a fuel economy test with my V60 T6 AWD (325 hp) w/ 20K miles on the odo, in which I had the car in cruise at 65 MPH for 50 miles on the highway (road trip), and according to the trip computer, I averaged 31 MPG. Not too shabby for a 2 ton AWD 6 cylinder with this horsepower, even if the computer is a tad generous!
      No surprise to me, our XC70 T6 which is even heavier and less aerodynamic will do 29-30 MPG in the same situation on summer blend gasoline. I rarely drive that slow though.

Heck even my V8 will do 27 MPG at 65 MPH. (Again I rarely drive that slow!)
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

btw I've been looking at local dealership inventory online and it doesn't look like the specific car/options/trim that I would like is common or even available. I can wait for a car and my company is a member of Volvo's A Plan.

Is my guess correct, that I probably would have to order a car to get one like this?
      - V60 CC Platinum
      - Climate Package with heated windshield
      - BLIS
      - Integrated Child Booster Seats Option
      - Bronze Metallic Exterior (could go Black)
      - Brown interior (could go Black)
      - Add on Front View Camera

It seems like dealer has the child seats on V60 CC's in their inventory and the other sticking point may be the heated windshield. What do you think? (I didn't reach out to any sales people yet as I'm almost ready to buy but not quite there yet and I want to do A Plan or maybe even OSD, though that would be a stretch with 3 little ones.

Sorry I meant to say no dealer has the child seats on their v60 CC's in their inventory (at least viewable online)

btw I've been looking at local dealership inventory online and it doesn't look like the specific car/options/trim that I would like is common or even available. I can wait for a car and my company is a member of Volvo's A Plan.

Is my guess correct, that I probably would have to order a car to get one like this?
      - V60 CC Platinum
      - Climate Package with heated windshield
      - BLIS
      - Integrated Child Booster Seats Option
      - Bronze Metallic Exterior (could go Black)
      - Brown interior (could go Black)
      - Add on Front View Camera

It seems like dealer has the child seats on V60 CC's in their inventory and the other sticking point may be the heated windshield. What do you think? (I didn't reach out to any sales people yet as I'm almost ready to buy but not quite there yet and I want to do A Plan or maybe even OSD, though that would be a stretch with 3 little ones.
      My dealer by me had exactly what you were looking for a few weeks ago; minus the Front View Camera, but that is an add on option.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      My dealer by me had exactly what you were looking for a few weeks ago; minus the Front View Camera, but that is an add on option.
      Really, wow? if you don't mind, (since I see you're in Colonia, NJ which is close to me) which dealer was that?

I checked Prestige and Smythe inventory on their sites and then I also used at least two internet car sites including one that somehow embedded into Volvo's US site to check all dealers within 100miles, and I didn't see any like that.

Really, wow? if you don't mind, (since I see you're in Colonia, NJ which is close to me) which dealer was that?

I checked Prestige and Smythe inventory on their sites and then I also used at least two internet car sites including one that somehow embedded into Volvo's US site to check all dealers within 100miles, and I didn't see any like that.
      Princeton tends to have a ton of inventory (where my V60 is from), I would check them also.

http://www.volvoofprinceton.com/new-...ss+Country&&&&
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Princeton tends to have a ton of inventory (where my V60 is from), I would check them also.

http://www.volvoofprinceton.com/new-...ss+Country&&&&
      These guys can source something for you from another dealer or give you an idea of what they have coming in soon for the lot.
      Current
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's

30. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements