Getting rid of "Book time for Maintenance" reminder
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 23 of 23
    1. #1
      Junior Member Nickshu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      Northern Colorado, USA
      Posts
      966

      Getting rid of "Book time for Maintenance" reminder

      Any tips? I tried the procedure in the below video, several times, but can't get rid of the service reminder. Yes I am up to date on my service. Help??

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EOVa88b-5Y
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor / 2019 VW Golf R 6MT (On order)
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      39,072
      Quote Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
      Any tips? I tried the procedure in the below video, several times, but can't get rid of the service reminder. Yes I am up to date on my service. Help??

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EOVa88b-5Y
      Go to your Volvo retailer and they will reset it for you.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

    4. #3
      Junior Member Nickshu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      Northern Colorado, USA
      Posts
      966
      They already did. Apparently not correctly. Trying to save a trip back there.
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor / 2019 VW Golf R 6MT (On order)
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      Near Nashville Tennessee
      Posts
      2,478
      2013 S60 T5 AWD, 100,000+ miles in 14 states, Premier Plus, Beechwood Leather, Climate, BLIS, NJORD Rims Caspian Blue Metallic, Pirelli P7 Cinturato Plus
      Previous: 2017 Nissan 370z Sport, 2009 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T & 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

    7. #5
      Junior Member Nickshu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      Northern Colorado, USA
      Posts
      966
      Tried it, did not work on my 2015. Bummer....guess I'll have to stop by the dealer this week.
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor / 2019 VW Golf R 6MT (On order)
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

    8. #6
      Junior Member Cronos808's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      19
      Quote Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
      Tried it, did not work on my 2015. Bummer....guess I'll have to stop by the dealer this week.
      Hi, try this method. It worked like a charm just a couple of weeks ago with my 2015 V60. Hope it works. I'll save you a trip back to the dealer.

      1. You will need to insert your remote key into the ignition slot and select T2 on your trip odometer.

      2. Hit the start button once without your foot on the brake. You will be on ignition mode "l".

      3. Then press and hold the OK button on your turn signal lever. While pressing OK, quickly hit and hold the start button at the same time without your foot on the brake.

      4. Hold both buttons for about 10-15 seconds. Until you see an illuminated "i" flashing on your display.

      5. Once you see it flashing. Release both the OK and Start button. You will hear a 'Ding' which means you're done.
      2015 V60 T5 Power Blue, Lowered, Rimmed, Struted, Air Filtered and Exhausted

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      239
      Quote Originally Posted by Cronos808 View Post
      Hi, try this method. It worked like a charm just a couple of weeks ago with my 2015 V60. Hope it works. I'll save you a trip back to the dealer.

      1. You will need to insert your remote key into the ignition slot and select T2 on your trip odometer.

      2. Hit the start button once without your foot on the brake. You will be on ignition mode "l".

      3. Then press and hold the OK button on your turn signal lever. While pressing OK, quickly hit and hold the start button at the same time without your foot on the brake.

      4. Hold both buttons for about 10-15 seconds. Until you see an illuminated "i" flashing on your display.

      5. Once you see it flashing. Release both the OK and Start button. You will hear a 'Ding' which means you're done.
      +1, this works with the odo reset as well with 2 caveats. You must have a value in the trip odo - at least 0.1 and release it when the i light flashes not after. If you do it after, you will have to repeat

    10. #8
      Junior Member Nickshu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      Northern Colorado, USA
      Posts
      966
      Thanks that worked! Much appreciated! It's pretty touchy... Took a couple tries. The blinking i you are looking for is the little yellow one, Not the big white one on the menu.
      Last edited by Nickshu; 04-07-2015 at 12:40 AM.
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor / 2019 VW Golf R 6MT (On order)
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      nashville,tn
      Posts
      682
      awesome ! its very similar to how its done on my s40 also
      2003 mustang COBRA ( SVT 10th anniversary ) born on 6-26-03/ 4634 of 5082 of verts & 955th of 2003 SVT 10th ANNIV edition`s
      97 cobra pacific green 1 of 27 , 89 mustang LX 5.0 , 2012 Volvo S60 ( T-6 )

    12. #10
      Junior Member Nickshu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      Northern Colorado, USA
      Posts
      966
      I got this via PM from Dave H. Adding to the knowledge base:

      Try this, it worked for me.
      During this process , you will never put your foot on the brake pedal. *Put the key in the ignition but do not start the vehicle. I had the Odometer trip reset on T2. *Now take your left hand, press and hold the ODO reset button (trip button) In middle of dash. Keeping the trip button depressed Now press the start button once. *(foot *away from brake* pedal). *Press and hold the start button down again until all the idiot lights come on then release the start button and watch in the middle of the dash at the bottom for a triangle or square with and "i" in it to flash. When it flashes twice release the ODO reset button and shut the car off. Now restart the car and see if it clears.
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor / 2019 VW Golf R 6MT (On order)
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      234
      I just had my 2015.5 V60 in for a TPMS software update, and they did the scheduled service in though I was only at 7k miles. They forgot to reset the service reminder, though, since it's still telling me I will need service in 2,9xx miles.

      Will the process outlined above reset the maintenance reminder, or only clear the "book time for service" message (which I haven't seen yet)?

    14. #12
      Junior Member jlsS60T6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Posts
      96
      It should do both. AFAIK there are time and distance factors built into the reminder.
      2013 S60 T6 RD
      2010 Lotus Evora
      1967 Lotus Elan

    15. #13
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      Near Nashville Tennessee
      Posts
      2,478
      Quote Originally Posted by jlsS60T6 View Post
      It should do both. AFAIK there are time and distance factors built into the reminder.
      +1
      2013 S60 T5 AWD, 100,000+ miles in 14 states, Premier Plus, Beechwood Leather, Climate, BLIS, NJORD Rims Caspian Blue Metallic, Pirelli P7 Cinturato Plus
      Previous: 2017 Nissan 370z Sport, 2009 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T & 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

    16. #14
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      234
      Quote Originally Posted by s6013t5 View Post
      +1
      Yep -- it worked! Took a couple of tries, but reset everything. Love this resources this site provides....

    17. #15
      Junior Member MDicnMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Western WI - USA
      Posts
      341
      Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue View Post
      I just had my 2015.5 V60 in for a TPMS software update
      TPMS software update? Was this a service bulletin?
      2015.5 V60 T5 AWD. Savile Grey, Beechwood. IPD Sway Bar.

    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      8

      Schedule Time For Maintenance reset procedure

      Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue View Post
      Yep -- it worked! Took a couple of tries, but reset everything. Love this resources this site provides....
      I was getting that annoying "Schedule Time for Maintenance" message on my 2015 V60. I had maintenance done a couple of months ago so, I started searching for a solution; starting on Swedespeed of course. I found this at
      https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answe...nance-light%29

      If you had your Volvo in for servicing and your service light was not reset or if your light is on*before you are due for maintenance, please follow the steps below to reset the light:
      Turn*the ignition*to position I (please refer to your owner's manual for information on the ignition modes)
      Press and hold the OK/Reset button on the left steering wheel stalk. Switch the ignition to position II while still holding OK/Reset button. Wait 10 seconds while still holding the OK/Reset button. Release the OK/Reset button when the information light starts to blink. Turn off the ignition for at least 3 minutes*
      You will hear a beep when the reminder is reset. If this does not work we will refer you to the Service Department at your Volvo Dealer to have the light reset.

      It took me about 5 tries before I got the sequence just right but, IT WORKED!!

    19. #17
      Member Veefifty T5AWD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Lakes Region NH
      Posts
      6,877
      The step that I was missing was that you need to be in T2, not T1. Once I did this it worked just as outlined.
      Logan

      2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

      Former:

      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

    20. #18
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2
      This worked on my 2011 S60 T6. T1, T2 didn't matter, it worked on both.
      During this process , you will never put your foot on the brake pedal. *Put the key in the ignition but do not start the vehicle. I had the Odometer trip reset on T2. *Now take your left hand, press and hold the ODO reset button (trip button) In middle of dash. Keeping the trip button depressed Now press the start button once. *(foot *away from brake* pedal). *Press and hold the start button down again until all the idiot lights come on then release the start button and watch in the middle of the dash at the bottom for a triangle or square with and "i" in it to flash. When it flashes twice release the ODO reset button and shut the car off. Now restart the car and see if it clears.

      Got it from this site.

      http://www.justanswer.com/volvo/2jmy...ion-light.html

    21. #19
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      3,174
      T1 or T2 makes no difference.

    22. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      1

      How To Reset Your Volvo Service Maintenance Light-Message - 2016 & Newer XC90-XC60-S90-V90-XC40

      Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Go to your Volvo retailer and they will reset it for you.
      My dealer insisted I bring it in (new 2019 XC60) for them to do a reset (after only 4500 miles and 8 months use I should do the 10k scheduled factory maintenance???). They refused to tell me how to do it, so after a quick search found this very simple procedure and did myself. It worked after just one try.



      Apparently, my dealer failed to set the factory maintenance reminder system when prepping the car for delivery. Also, when I took delivery, driving home the car rode like a truck....very harsh ride!! Checked the tire pressures the next morning.......45 psi ! Specs call for 33psi ! Volvo cars....excellent. My local Volvo dealer service department....poor.

    23. #21
      Member TexasV60P's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      2,339

      Thumbs up Deleted "Book Time for Maintenance"

      Quote Originally Posted by dude174 View Post
      +1, this works with the odo reset as well with 2 caveats. You must have a value in the trip odo - at least 0.1 and release it when the i light flashes not after. If you do it after, you will have to repeat
      THANKS! This solution worked perfectly, after trying several others that were not even close!
      2015.5 #39 BSM V60 Polestar arrived 11-24-2014
      2004 V70R GT: SOLD Silver+Nordkap, Premium Sound+Subwoofer, Motorola BT, iMIV, IPD Stage II - DP - HDTCV, Kelly CAI, BMC, 10MM Spacers, Volvo DEM heat shield, '06 V70R console

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      473
      Quote Originally Posted by vzhq16 View Post
      I was getting that annoying "Schedule Time for Maintenance" message on my 2015 V60. I had maintenance done a couple of months ago so, I started searching for a solution; starting on Swedespeed of course. I found this at
      https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answe...nance-light%29

      If you had your Volvo in for servicing and your service light was not reset or if your light is on*before you are due for maintenance, please follow the steps below to reset the light:
      Turn*the ignition*to position I (please refer to your owner's manual for information on the ignition modes)
      Press and hold the OK/Reset button on the left steering wheel stalk. Switch the ignition to position II while still holding OK/Reset button. Wait 10 seconds while still holding the OK/Reset button. Release the OK/Reset button when the information light starts to blink. Turn off the ignition for at least 3 minutes*
      You will hear a beep when the reminder is reset. If this does not work we will refer you to the Service Department at your Volvo Dealer to have the light reset.

      It took me about 5 tries before I got the sequence just right but, IT WORKED!!
      Thanks to vzhq16 for searching Volvo customer help and posting these instructions. I was finally able to get the service message erased. After consulting the manual on my 2015.5 V60CC and understanding the 3 ignition modes it all made sense. My mistake in past attempts was holding the ignition switch longer than 2 seconds to go into mode 3. It apparently doesn't matter what trip ododmeter is on (T1 vs T2). I didn't hear a beep at the end but saw the messages go from "1" to "0" well short of the 3 minutes referenced in the instructions.
      One other note, if you have the keyless ignition, it is not necessary to insert the keyfob into the dash.

      Update: Not so fast! So, the next time I start my ar the mx message is there again. Tried the procedure a few more times, T1, T2. No luck. Lately the message has become "maintenance overdue".
      Last edited by AeroDan; 01-04-2020 at 12:16 PM.
      2015.5 V60CC Savile Grey met, BLIS, heated front seats, convenience pkg, rubber mats
      2014 S60 T5 Premier Plus w/sport, xenons, BLIS, heated front seats, SCT w/nav (hers)
      2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon (sold) 120,000+ miles
      2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Sedan (sold) 160,000+ miles
      1996 Saab 900S (sold) 110,000+ miles

    25. #23
      Junior Member brian_volvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      15
      Thanks for the tip everyone! Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Volvo On Call Disabled" alert when you're past 50k?
      2015.5 S60 Platinum and stuff

    26. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements