SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Considering an 06 S60 T5 Automatic...

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  xbeatles4x 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking for a car to possibly replace my S70. I've come across an 06 S60 T6 with an Automatic. Its got 200k on it. My main question is, how are the automatics in these later model P2 cars? I know 01-02 were rough years. My S70 is automatic and I've had no issues with it ever, even at 240k. Also, is there anything else I need to look for or consider?

Happy Easter
Noah

#3 ·
also not every early p2 had trans issues anyway, some of the very early 01s within a certain serial number parameter needed b4 servo update. other than that they are solid.
The newer 05+ R's are more electronically updated with better software and their electronics are better, trans are good as long as theyve been serviced properly with the correct fluid.

#4 ·
I tend to agree with S60_Crave, I bought my 2002 AWD in late 2001 new. I now have 182k and have had zero issues with the transmission. I have serviced it well and I live in a colder climate (I think that has helped). I also just drive the car, I have never abused it. So I would be looking for documented service, really at 200k miles the car should be cheap and even with documentation seems like a bit of an crap shoot. I have bought high mileage before as long as it was cheap or had a known issue that I could fix and they have served me well.

So I say just don't overpay, I see what some folks ask for their old Volvos (subarus too) and are amazed. I view mine as a throw away, I would feel bad charging someone any significant money for it.

#5 ·
Okay, Thanks guys! Yeah, the price is not awful or unreasonable, though I plan on making him a decent offer. I'm assuming these newer T5 engines are not to problematic as long as the've been treated with Synthetic oil at good intervals.

#6 ·
I have an 06 2.5T with 109K on the clock and it has been bulletproof - even changing out conventional oil every 7,000 miles. Other than routine maintenance (timing and accessory belts & plugs changed out at 100K), I needed a new turn signal switch ($250 installed), a software update ($150), a new PCV breather hose (~$150 replaced), a replacement exhaust hanger (nominal cost); a replacement fuel filler door hinge - and that is it.

As bulletproof of a car as one can possibly imagine. I hope it lasts forever.

#7 ·
Op, what is the price with that many miles? Just make sure when you get it that you buy specific t5 parts. When I got my t5 the previous owner must have taken it to volvo for maintenance and the put in normal length 2.5t spark plugs instead of t5/ r plugs. Also do the fuel filter and buy vida/dice. You should last a long while.

#8 ·
Tombalas...I have 182k and I also have only used convential oil with also about 7000 mile intervals. The engine and transmission on mine has be zero issues (and the whole AWD system)!

#10 ·
I wouldn't pay more than 3000 imo.

I bought my 01 for 2,000 ;) non turbo though
Yah but that is an 01 with vastly different components both electrically and mechanically. A 2006 s60t5 is actually really really rare. On par if not more rare than an s60r 2006. I bought mine for $4650 2 years ago with 140,000 on the clock. I think I got a great deal and for you with the current market I would say anything under 3,800 is a nice deal for that car. It's engine is more closely related to the s60r than it is the 2.5t.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.