Polestar Sightings Thread - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Spotted this one today. I was rather surprised to see it parked only a few blocks from my house.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Socalc70 View Post
      Spotted this one today. I was rather surprised to see it parked only a few blocks from my house.
      #001 /80 , lifelong Volvo owner

Polestar Sightings Thread

This is actually the V60 #1? I see it's not on the registry. It's not calvinc is it? Same dealer.
      Last edited by Socalc70; 11-01-2015 at 01:46 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

This is actually the V60 #1? I see it's not on the registry. It's not calvinc is it? Same dealer.
      It's on the registry, just as Daniel A. You're probably looking at the S60 list. He goes by DCA51 on here.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      It's on the registry, just as Daniel A. You're probably looking at the S60 list. He goes by DCA51 on here.
      001 is empty on the list...? Thanks, I'll get in touch.

001 is empty on the list...? Thanks, I'll get in touch.
      Weird, this is it on the desktop version...

It's Tapatalk that is munching the list.
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar #15/80, Matte Rebel Blue
      1993 Volvo 850 GLT, Red, 170K miles (gift to family)
      1979 Volvo 265 GL, Blue (sold)

Got it. Thanks!

Not me seeing a Polestar, but a funny experience with another Volvo owner seeing my P*.

Drove into the De Anza Home Depot yesterday and came across a black V50 leaving. He immediately stopped and with a big grin on his face he gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up while I drove past him. He definitely recognized how rare these P*'s are to see on the streets. I found that funny and gave him a thumbs up for his V50. It was in great shape.

Hello Gents,

I took delivery of my 2016 P* 3 weeks ago to replace my burned out 08 MazdaSpeed3. Both me and my better half like our new car a lot!

I'm from Ottawa Canada and debating if I should rust proof it or not.

Any suggestions from people who live in the snowbelt region?

Congrats!

You may want to start a new thread on winterizing your Polestar. This thread is for sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by g35mon View Post
      Hello Gents,

I took delivery of my 2016 P* 3 weeks ago to replace my burned out 08 MazdaSpeed3. Both me and my better half like our new car a lot!

I'm from Ottawa Canada and debating if I should rust proof it or not.

Any suggestions from people who live in the snowbelt region?

Nice to see one in Ottawa!
      I spotted a rebel blue V60 PS outside Serbfest 2 months ago. Parked along Riverside Drive.

Saw a RB S60 P* just over an hour ago on the 427, Toronto. Friend on the forum said it's not him, but says he saw one getting detailed at a dealership nearby where I saw it so likely that one. Anyone here who just bought it?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
      Humza (im_humza on IG) - 04 S60R MT Sapph/kap - SOLD

I know there is one other blue polestar in Ottawa other than myself. Carling Volvo still have a white one in the show room

Quote Originally Posted by Opus007 View Post
      Congrats!

You may want to start a new thread on winterizing your Polestar. This thread is for sightings.
      OK. Will do.

Just saw the 1st rebel blue 2013 r-design gent that I met in 2013 , he schooled me on the ensuing coming "polestar", when I parked in front of him ,his eyes went wide open , thx again Glenn Y,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a black V60 P* right around the corner from me on the north side of Chicago, just off Lake Shore Drive, and it looks amazing, kudos to the owner. have had the chance to park my Platinum 855 right by the car many times a week.
      Last edited by platinum855; 12-06-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Hey folks, today I spotted a 2016 V60 P* at the 24 Hours of LeMons at Sonoma Raceway. Does it belong to anyone here? Here's a couple pictures of it with mine (mine has the yellow Volvo 240 Brick'd sticker on the back):

**KansasTwister**
      2015.5 V60 Polestar #2/80 (SOLD)
      2017 V40 CC D3
      2002 C70 T5 Cab

Saw what I believed to be a Black 2016 V60 P* northbound on I-5 this afternoon around 4:15 pm in Portland, OR. Had a Jim Fisher Volvo plate on it still. I was in the carpool lane in my Sapphikap '07 VR. My daughter thought I'd seen a Lamborghini by the way I reacted. Was called a dork. (gladly accept that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
      2007 V70 R GT - Black Sapphire/Nordkap : CJ Yother DP : IPD Exhaust : IPD ECU : IPD Engine Mount Strut Conversion : IPD Sub-Frame Bushing Inserts : IPD Track-Spec F & R Anti-Sway Bars

Quote Originally Posted by KansasTwister View Post
      Hey folks, today I spotted a 2016 V60 P* at the 24 Hours of LeMons at Sonoma Raceway. Does it belong to anyone here? Here's a couple pictures of it with mine (mine has the yellow Volvo 240 Brick'd sticker on the back):

That was my car. I picked it up earlier in the week at the Bellevue dealer in WA. You will see it are more of the Lemons events this year I drive out to. I drive with the New York Rock Exchange, usually in our focus dressed up like a TARDIS from Dr Who.

https://www.facebook.com/CajunCoonassRacing/?fref=ts

I cruised up to Hunter Mountain NY in my c30 to ski yesterday. A t6 r design with a polestar tune, Grey, ended up in front of me cruising up the road toward the condos I believe. I don't know if it was a true polestar. It had Ixion wheels.

I cruised up to Hunter Mountain NY in my c30 to ski yesterday. A v60 t6 r design with a polestar tune, Grey, ended up in front of me cruising up the road toward the condos I believe. I don't know if it was a true polestar. It had Ixion wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by odiespankers07 View Post
      I cruised up to Hunter Mountain NY in my c30 to ski yesterday. A v60 t6 r design with a polestar tune, Grey, ended up in front of me cruising up the road toward the condos I believe. I don't know if it was a true polestar. It had Ixion wheels.
      Ixion wheels won't fit on a P and there are only the collors rebelblue, silver, white and black available.
      The car you saw, was a normal T6.

Quote Originally Posted by TomOldi View Post
      Ixion wheels won't fit on a P and there are only the collors rebelblue, silver, white and black available.
      The car you saw, was a normal T6.
      If he saw the small Polestar badge, it's probably like he guessed, a Polestar enhanced T6.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk
      I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
      2007 V70 R GT - Black Sapphire/Nordkap : CJ Yother DP : IPD Exhaust : IPD ECU : IPD Engine Mount Strut Conversion : IPD Sub-Frame Bushing Inserts : IPD Track-Spec F & R Anti-Sway Bars

That is what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielef View Post
      If he saw the small Polestar badge, it's probably like he guessed, a Polestar enhanced T6.

So I'm usually over on the R-Forum, but I had to come here because for months now I've been stalking a Black V60 Polestar (aftermarket wheels sometimes--maybe snows?) that seems to spend 50% of its time parked on the south side of 22nd Street at 2nd Avenue in NYC. Always have to stop and admire it on my way south (which always delays me) from 27th and 2nd where my V70R lives in a garage. Took a picture but can't post as I'm on my work computer.

If you're on here, thanks for having a great car for me to look at! Rarely get to see any other high performance Volvo wagons in NYC.
      2019 Volvo S60 T6 AWD Fusion Red/Charcoal
      2004 Volvo V70 R M66 Titanium Grey/Atacama
      Former owner 2018 V90 Cross Country, 2017 V60, 1996 911

Someone spotted a P* in Columbus, OH today...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Volvo/comme...us_ohio_today/

That Must Have Been A Few Days Ago ^^^^^^… We Actually Saw The Sun In Columbus Today...
      2016 V60 Polestar (Silver) (Sold)
      2016 XC90R (Sold)
      2016 V60 Polestar (Black) (Sold)
      2011 XC60 (Sold)

On Saturday (1/16) at around 9:45am I saw a white S60 Polestar going north on I94 around Kenosha. Anyone on here?
      2014 S60 R-Design - Crystal White Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jonkoping View Post
      So I'm usually over on the R-Forum, but I had to come here because for months now I've been stalking a Black V60 Polestar (aftermarket wheels sometimes--maybe snows?) that seems to spend 50% of its time parked on the south side of 22nd Street at 2nd Avenue in NYC. Always have to stop and admire it on my way south (which always delays me) from 27th and 2nd where my V70R lives in a garage. Took a picture but can't post as I'm on my work computer.

If you're on here, thanks for having a great car for me to look at! Rarely get to see any other high performance Volvo wagons in NYC.
      He's on here...
      V60 Polestar #38/80 BSM

So on the flip side of things, I was spotted tonight. I pulled into get some really crappy Cali 91 gas (because that is all we have but $10/gal race gas), and I admired this beautiful Ducati 1298 pull in next to me. As I grab the filler I hear, "Did you get the first run?". What did I just hear? Turns out the guy on the Ducati has S60 P* number 21 and lives just a stones throw away. I identified myself as #64 and he asked if I had an R. Well yes, in fact, I do. Apparently all he does is ride the Ducati because he has put an astounding 2,000 miles on the P*. We swapped stories a bit, and then I was on my way. Ben, mighty fine to meet you. Glad to see you appreciate the Öhlins on your motorbike as much as your P*. Great minds think alike (that is what I ran on my track bike too).
      '94 850 Turbo - sold -'07 V70R - sold
      2015.5 V60 Polestar | Rebel Blue | #64
      2016 XC90 #492
      2009 BMW 135i M
      2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT

Quote Originally Posted by kenhoeve View Post
      So on the flip side of things, I was spotted tonight. I pulled into get some really crappy Cali 91 gas (because that is all we have but $10/gal race gas), and I admired this beautiful Ducati 1298 pull in next to me. As I grab the filler I hear, "Did you get the first run?". What did I just hear? Turns out the guy on the Ducati has S60 P* number 21 and lives just a stones throw away. I identified myself as #64 and he asked if I had an R. Well yes, in fact, I do. Apparently all he does is ride the Ducati because he has put an astounding 2,000 miles on the P*. We swapped stories a bit, and then I was on my way. Ben, mighty fine to meet you. Glad to see you appreciate the Öhlins on your motorbike as much as your P*. Great minds think alike (that is what I ran on my track bike too).
      That's great, are you in SoCal? Nice to meet another '07 R owner, not many of those around either.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielef View Post
      That's great, are you in SoCal? Nice to meet another '07 R owner, not many of those around either.

I'm here part time with the P*. The R lives back home in Iowa.
      '94 850 Turbo - sold -'07 V70R - sold
      2015.5 V60 Polestar | Rebel Blue | #64
      2016 XC90 #492
      2009 BMW 135i M
      2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT

spotted next to my Platinum in the Windy City. I believe an elderly gentleman drives it...very lucky man. There's also a C30 P* edition and a spritely 240 around the corner as well

Just curious... what are the rules in your city about parking next to a fire hydrant? I've always heard that you can't park within 10 feet either side of a fire hydrant.

#79 is a dealer demo in Oak Park. Otherwise, it could be 1 of 10 BSM V60P* that are unaccounted for.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, swaybar, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, lowered, swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast