Bluetooth phone volume low - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Is it just iPhones that have issues? I have a lowly Samsung and have never had any issues and I use my car volume at 50%-70%.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Unhappy

I'm having the same problem with my 2017 V60 Twin Engine and iPhone 6S.

Would be great to hear of a fix!

This may be a little late at this point, but, is your phone's software fully up to date? My guess is yes, but, thought I would throw it out there. If not I would update and re-pair. I ran into a low-volume problem when I first connected but that was because my iPhone's volume settings were not properly set. No problems at all since.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

As indicated in earlier posts, I've had this problem with iPhone 6s. In casual conversation with the dealer, this is a problem in all Volvo models, not just the P*. My wife's XC70 behaves in a similar fashion. Volvo is fully aware of the issue (he showed me several tech notes in their service bulletin system, but no resolution yet. I am kind of curious about the volume compensation control and will have to give that a try. As for music and other bluetooth functions, there is no problem. Just the phone.
      Current Cars: 2016 S60 P* / 2015.5 T6 XC70

Prev: 2008 M3 / 2004 M3 / 2004 V70R

I have this problem in a 2017 XC90. Bluetooth volume is VERY low, but carplay sounds louder and full. On bluetooth, i have to crank the volume even though I have amazing speakers. Every now and then on bluetooth, it will sound "normal" for just a few seconds and I can hear-usually this is when it's switching between my audiobooks and googlemaps. I've had all the car software updates, deleted phone and readded, checked bluetooth volume, checked music settings on phone (but this is probably irrelevant since I never play music and don't know if issue exists with music). I asked Volvo to check my speakers (which were expensive, so I'm pissed I can't hear). I'm out of ideas except wiping my phone.

My 2016 had this problem but it was fixed completely by a software update performed by the dealer a few months ago.

Not sure this will fix your issue but make sure your volume on your phone is cranked up. My audio through Bluetooth was quiet so I made sure to turn up the volume on my IPhone which fixed my issue.

First thing that comes to my mind is to check if the volume is put to MAX on the phone while a phonecall is going on.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2