volvo v40 carbon edition
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

volvo v40 carbon edition

Last edited by Snowie; 05-01-2015 at 02:05 PM.
      Audi A4 Avant Quattro TDI B8 - 15
      Waiting for: Volvo XC60 T8 Momentum Pro - MY19

Volvo V40 D4 R-Design -14
      BMW 320d Touring Exclusive Edition -12
      Volvo S60 2.4 business -05

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the look. I want those mirror caps for my P*.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

nice!
      2004 XC90 2.5T AWD (OSD purchase - June)(for towing/camping and backroad journeys)(100,000 miles); 2008 C30 T5 (MT) OSD purchase (December)(mine); 2004 Porsche Boxster (used)(hers); 2007 Prius (handed down)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      I like the look. I want those mirror caps for my P*.
      VIVA has been selling them for a few years: http://www.vivaperformance.com/carbo...-caps-s60-v60/
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      VIVA has been selling them for a few years: http://www.vivaperformance.com/carbo...-caps-s60-v60/
      Tempting but $300 is a bit steep. We'll see if Volvo starts offering them.

Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      Tempting but $300 is a bit steep. We'll see if Volvo starts offering them.
      Doubt Volvo will charge any less, haha! Message the guys at VIVA, they are pretty good at putting some good deals together.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

Very cool, but two things missing....

6 speed manual
      US availability.

'14 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red & Calcite White, 19" Ixion wheels
      AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS, Volvo Hitch/Harness

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      Doubt Volvo will charge any less, haha! Message the guys at VIVA, they are pretty good at putting some good deals together.
      The hope was more that the cost would come down by them getting produced in larger quantities. I'll contact the guys at VIVA.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Design M&M View Post
      6 speed manual

I ordered one of these. Will arrive some time September.
      Comes with Polestar tune and, optional, flippers.
      My experience with the 8 speed has been good so far although combined with diesel engine's. Seems more crisp compared to the Polestar's reprogrammed 6 speed slush box so I assume if Polestar's "driveline optimisation" isn't just a commercial fuzz to justify the overrated price tag for the 8 HP gain tune it will be even better.
      '17 Volvo S60 Polestar '15 XC60T5 Polestarised

Congrats on the purchase Johann! So what exactly did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by volvocu View Post
      Congrats on the purchase Johann! So what exactly did you order?
      V40 T5 Carbon Edition
      Flippers
      Factory tinted rear windows
      Adjustable power steering
      Polestar tune which is optional in my country, standard in Sweden.

Some lesser quality pictures of a V40 Carbon Edition at a local car show,
      A D4 version btw.

Looks great congrats! So how would you describe the car in terms of driving fun? Various magazines criticised volvo for the lack of spirit...

Looks great congrats! So how would you describe the car in terms of driving fun? Various magazines criticised volvo for the lack of spirit...
      I expect the car to somewhat behave like a C30. I drove a V40 D4 manual a while back and that car was great fun to drive. It was a manual though.
      I hope the 8 speed AT doesn't exhibit as much slip as the Polestar V60's AT does. The Polestar tune should take care of that.
      All other the car will have the lowered sport suspension at first. The Carbon Edition is basically an R-Design version. 19" wheels will make is a different experience also. Maybe a KW-Suspensions V3 coiler kit will be installed at a later point.
      One thing I'm not sure about is the steering. I used to drive a C30 T5 and the one thing I didn't like was the over-assisted steering. This is the reason I ordered the adjustable steering option with it. Hope it gives the proper adjustability.
      Don't know what to expect from the new T5. The empty weight in the Netherlands is advertised as 1360 kg so should be near 1460 kg but Sweden says the car weight as much 1582 KG which suggests it is rather heavy. 400Nm of torque and 253 HP should be adequate to make it a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
      I expect the car to somewhat behave like a C30. I drove a V40 D4 manual a while back and that car was great fun to drive. It was a manual though.
      I hope the 8 speed AT doesn't exhibit as much slip as the Polestar V60's AT does. The Polestar tune should take care of that.
      All other the car will have the lowered sport suspension at first. The Carbon Edition is basically an R-Design version. 19" wheels will make is a different experience also. Maybe a KW-Suspensions V3 coiler kit will be installed at a later point.
      One thing I'm not sure about is the steering. I used to drive a C30 T5 and the one thing I didn't like was the over-assisted steering. This is the reason I ordered the adjustable steering option with it. Hope it gives the proper adjustability.
      Don't know what to expect from the new T5. The empty weight in the Netherlands is advertised as 1360 kg so should be near 1460 kg but Sweden says the car weight as much 1582 KG which suggests it is rather heavy. 400Nm of torque and 253 HP should be adequate to make it a fun experience.
      I thought you had already recieved the car, so it must be an impatient wait for you

I have driven a v40 D2 with the adjustable steering and one without; the one without had better steering feel!

I thought you had already recieved the car, so it must be an impatient wait for you
      Yes.. Very

Yes.. Very
      I'd like to be waiting for a CrossCountry model here in the States!
      Current: '13 C70 Caspian Blue 2017 FIAT 500L Lounge Bianco...until Volvo brings the XC40 to the States!!!(AND the oil and gas business gets better!!!)
      Previous Volvos[/I]: '11 C70 Ice White;
      Polestar ,'10 XC60 T6 Electric Silver; '08 C70, '07 XC70, '04 V70', '04 C70, '01 S40, '80 242 GT '72 145

Some pics from the Volvo site,

I was thinking of buying one yesterday. But the deal breaker was the loss of driver support. I can't understand why the Carbon Edition isn't available with driver support in Sweden!

Quote Originally Posted by T5_awd View Post
      I was thinking of buying one yesterday. But the deal breaker was the loss of driver support. I can't understand why the Carbon Edition isn't available with driver support in Sweden!
      There is an option called Intellisafe Pro Line. Isn't that pretty much the same as Driver Support Line?
      Last edited by Johann; 08-30-2015 at 10:27 AM.

But that isn't available on the Carbon Edition either. To bad, because I really like it! And it would be a nice compliment to the XC90.

But that isn't available on the Carbon Edition either. To bad, because I really like it! And it would be a nice compliment to the XC90.
      Weird. In the Netherlands it is listed as package,

INTELLISAFE PRO LINE - Blind Spot Information System incl. Cross Traffic Alert & Lane Change Merge Aid, Collision Warning met Full Auto Brake, Queue Assist, Pedestrian & Cyclist Detection en Adaptieve Cruise Control met Distance Alert, Driver Alert en Lane Keeping Aid System met stuurwielvibratie. Inclusief grootlichtassistent en verkeersborden-herkenning

Or separate options,

603 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) inclusief Cross Traffic Alert & Lane Change Merge Aid
      818 - Collision Warning met Full Auto Brake, Pedestrian & Cyclist Detection en Adaptieve Cruise Control met Distance Alert en Queue Assist (alleen i.c.m. Driver Alert)
      769 - Driver Alert en Lane Keeping Aid systeem met stuurwielvibratie. Inclusief Collision Warning zonder Full Auto Brake, grootlichtassistent en verkeersborden herkenning

I do have to say the these options in itself are nice to have, also have them in the Polestar, but half of them are turned off by now...
      All of the functions work well but to defensive IMO.
      Pedestrians and cyclists might be unpredictable but because of that they basically become predictable. Lot of false warnings.
      Adaptive cruise ACC is nice in traffic, specially with que assist. Still it is reacting to slow in traffic which might frustrate traffic behind. The distances are to long for our kind of traffic. Added to that, had it once, if a car in front hesitates and changes lanes all of a sudden the car might start to accelerate when you do not want it to.
      Lane keeping aid shouldn't be needed when driver alert is functioning properly...
      Driver alert shouldn't suggest a coffee break after 5 minutes of driving while having a bad cold with teary eyes.

ACC distances are to long. In our hectic keep to the right traffic you need to change lanes to soon else the car will coast or brake for a slower car ahead and other traffic will jump in eventually resulting in a rather dangerous low speed.
      Distance alert is half a car length to happy. Light will be on all day long. If you want the light gone other traffic will jump in.
      Lane keeping aid doesn't belong in a car inviting you to drive optimal lines... Will work overtime when on.

I ordered the CE with minimal options. Maybe still left with to many options. Should be a bare bones driving machine.

Maybe, but just maybe, I will buy it anyway

But the Driver Support package save my life once, and that's why I don't buy a car without it!

The strange thing is that the only option you can order with the Carbon is the DAB-radio. No other option is available! No navigation etc.

Maybe, but just maybe, I will buy it anyway

But the Driver Support package save my life once, and that's why I don't buy a car without it!

The strange thing is that the only option you can order with the Carbon is the DAB-radio. No other option is available! No navigation etc.
      Buy one in the Netherlands. There are a couple of showroom models available now which are pretty loaded. I think most are D4 btw. No Polestar tuning from factory though. Has to be done at the dealer. I don't think it can be done once in Sweden.

Here's a T5 with the Intellisafe package,

http://www.autotrack.nl/direct-uit-v...40/90013765276

Price is local including emission tax and 21% VAT btw. Polestar tune is €795 at the moment.

Picked up my V40CE today,

Unlike Sweden this car doesn't come with the Polestar tune from factory but it has been added, payed option, as soon as the car arrived at the dealer.

Have driven 100 km so far. A fun "mini Polestar" as it appears so far.

Picked up my V40CE today,

Unlike Sweden this car doesn't come with the Polestar tune from factory but it has been added, payed option, as soon as the car arrived at the dealer.

Have driven 100 km so far. A fun "mini Polestar" as it appears so far.

Congrats! Fun little fleet you have now.

Congrats Johann! The CE looks great!

I bought one today! T5 Polestar.

Unfortunately its not available with the Driver Support package. But it has everything else. It arrived at my dealer about a week ago and hopefully I can pick it up this week.

I bought one today! T5 Polestar.
      Congrats to you too sir! It is a very fun car to drive.

Thanks!

I will pick it up this friday!

Very happy with it so far! A fun car to drive and much faster than the XC90
      Last edited by T5_awd; 09-18-2015 at 06:01 PM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast