Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any UTAH R drivers?

Just wondering if there is anyone local

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I used to be, but moved. I think the others I knew (not that there were many) also moved or ended up selling their R's. I've seen one or two post since who live in Utah, but they don't post much.
      2006 S60R GT

There is an '06 VR in Layton and I've seen a couple SRs as well but I don't think they're enthusiasts. There is (fairly recent) Passion Red VR owner that is on here but I don't think he posts much.
      '00 Mystic Silver metallic V70R, Rear Wing, Dolby
      '02 Desert Wind S40 Sports premium/winter pkg
      '12 Savile Gray metallic S60 T5, Premium/Climate/BLIS/City Safety/rear spoiler
      '13 Seashell metallic XC60 T6, Platinum/Climate/BLIS/Polestar-tuned/IPD anti-sway bar
      '16 Seashell metallic S60 T5 AWD (replaced '17 S60)
      '13A DICE/VIDA, x's '93 850 GLT, '04 XC90, '17 S60 T5 (Totaled!)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Config View Post
      There is an '06 VR in Layton and I've seen a couple SRs as well but I don't think they're enthusiasts. There is (fairly recent) Passion Red VR owner that is on here but I don't think he posts much.
      Yeah I see R's pretty frequently but didn't know if any of them were car guys or not

Quote Originally Posted by Jarren_b View Post
      Just wondering if there is anyone local
      Are you the guy who bought his friends R super-cheap? If not, there is at least 1 other, but I forgot where on I-15 he stops.
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2005 Mazda6 Sportwagon in progress...
      2012 Ford Flex Limited

2001 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean/2000 Honda Odyssey EX recently passed (together!)

Yep that was definitely me

There are a couple of UTAH guys besides me.

There is another guy floating around that has a clone sonic blue V70r of mine that posts from time to time.
      2004 V70R m/t Parting Out see classifieds https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...per-spare-tire
      2006 V70R Sonic Blue A/T new!
      1994 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo

I have a silver '04 VR in Orem and there was a guy with a sonic VR in Provo but I heard he moved to CA.
      2004 V70R GT, Electric silver W/ Nordkap, Viva DP, FMIC, CBV, IPD ECU, CAI, TCV, Snabb turbo intake, TME springs, JRL mod.

You guys with the v70's are lucky. I would take one of those any day over my car but I couldnt find one

Just so you all know, I do have a DICE/VIDA unit you can use if ever the need arises.
      '00 Mystic Silver metallic V70R, Rear Wing, Dolby
      '02 Desert Wind S40 Sports premium/winter pkg
      '12 Savile Gray metallic S60 T5, Premium/Climate/BLIS/City Safety/rear spoiler
      '13 Seashell metallic XC60 T6, Platinum/Climate/BLIS/Polestar-tuned/IPD anti-sway bar
      '16 Seashell metallic S60 T5 AWD (replaced '17 S60)
      '13A DICE/VIDA, x's '93 850 GLT, '04 XC90, '17 S60 T5 (Totaled!)

Yep that was definitely me
      I still hate you for that
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2005 Mazda6 Sportwagon in progress...
      2012 Ford Flex Limited

2001 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean/2000 Honda Odyssey EX recently passed (together!)

Quote Originally Posted by Config View Post
      Just so you all know, I do have a DICE/VIDA unit you can use if ever the need arises.
      So Im a new R owner and not too familiar with that.. what do those units do?

buy it from me then! lol

Burr and Spinall are referring to T8fanning. He's still around, but is working on a sweet 242 turbo, but he still has the V70R. I have pictures of my caR next to his to prove it. I've never spotted Burr, but I keep my eyes peeled. What part of Utah are you in? I'm in Provo. There's a flash around here too and another titanium with Chromey-pegs.
      1989 740 Turbo Plus, M46, red leather, and a few mods
      2004 S60R The Phoenix
      2000 V70R Sobek - Sold to my brother
      1976 245 Cthulhu - new project
      1995 940 Thor - something diesel awaits

There are 4-5 of us in Park City, mostly V's, two Ti's, one Red, 1-2 S60R's. And another friend with a V in Bountiful. I think the other Ti is the only automatic.
      Rich
      2004 V70R Ti/Ata 6M
      (S6, Jeep GC, 996tt, 968 Cab, A3 tdi, 2014 Rotax TonyKart)
      Selling homes in Park City Utah

Quote Originally Posted by titan joe View Post
      Burr and Spinall are referring to T8fanning. He's still around, but is working on a sweet 242 turbo, but he still has the V70R. I have pictures of my caR next to his to prove it. I've never spotted Burr, but I keep my eyes peeled. What part of Utah are you in? I'm in Provo. There's a flash around here too and another titanium with Chromey-pegs.
      Im in orem mine is black/blue

Quote Originally Posted by FineProperty View Post
      There are 4-5 of us in Park City, mostly V's, two Ti's, one Red, 1-2 S60R's. And another friend with a V in Bountiful. I think the other Ti is the only automatic.
      Rich, been awhile. Cool that you still have your VR. How many miles now?

I used to live in UT (relocated to WA a few yrs back). We had a few meets back then with about 4 people showing up each time.
      2006 Volvo S60 R 6MT; Black Sapphire/ ATACAMA w/ a Personalized PA Plate

2017 BMW X5 ///M; Silverstone/ Mugello Red Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim; 10/6/17 Performance Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
      I used to be, but moved. I think the others I knew (not that there were many) also moved or ended up selling their R's. I've seen one or two post since who live in Utah, but they don't post much.
      Jexx, how you been? Where did you end up moving to?

2017 BMW X5 ///M; Silverstone/ Mugello Red Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim; 10/6/17 Performance Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by 05BruzaS60r View Post
      Rich, been awhile. Cool that you still have your VR. How many miles now?
      Hey Justin, 130,000 miles and still can't find something I like better. Maybe we can make your M5 in to AWD. I'm considering having Platt or Seat Cover Company do a refurb to the front Atacama seats. And I need new summer shoes (the new P7?) for canyon carving, we may need to do a Ruth's diner meet this summer with the folks on this thread.
      Rich
      2004 V70R Ti/Ata 6M
      (S6, Jeep GC, 996tt, 968 Cab, A3 tdi, 2014 Rotax TonyKart)
      Selling homes in Park City Utah

Im in orem mine is black/blue

Nice. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm in the local Volvo facebook group if you want to join. There was a big euro meet at IKEA last Wednesday. We had 8 Volvo guys there. Every Wednesday at 7 there's a smaller meet at in and out burger in Orem that a few Volvo guys go to. I might make it this weekend.
      2004 S60R The Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by FineProperty View Post
      Hey Justin, 130,000 miles and still can't find something I like better. Maybe we can make your M5 in to AWD. I'm considering having Platt or Seat Cover Company do a refurb to the front Atacama seats. And I need new summer shoes (the new P7?) for canyon carving, we may need to do a Ruth's diner meet this summer with the folks on this thread.
      Cool. I remember your ATACAMA being more durable than on my SR. I'd be curious to see how the refurb goes.

Rumor has it the next generation M5 will have AWD (Bimmer keeps that stuff close to the chest). Already have almost 8,000 miles on the ///M. FUN car.

I am totally down for a meet at IKEA, it's a bit of a drive for me but not too bad. It's a nice central location for everyone.
      2004 V70R m/t Parting Out see classifieds https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...per-spare-tire
      2006 V70R Sonic Blue A/T new!
      1994 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo

I'm in Orem in a silver VR with black Pegs and tinted windows. I may have to hit up the IKEA meet sometime.
      2004 V70R GT, Electric silver W/ Nordkap, Viva DP, FMIC, CBV, IPD ECU, CAI, TCV, Snabb turbo intake, TME springs, JRL mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Burr75 View Post
      I'm in Orem in a silver VR with black Pegs and tinted windows. I may have to hit up the IKEA meet sometime.
      Ill definitely come. Sounds like fun

I'm not currently living in Utah, but I am originally from Salt Lake City and visit quite often. Heading up this weekend, as a matter of fact! Can't wait. Planning on moving back this year.
      2007 S60R GT (75k miles), Ti/Gobi

I'm in Sandy and there's also a silver SR in my area.
      2007 S60R GT Ti Gray Nordkap, 2006 Land Rover LR3 4.4L V8, both 300 hp @ 5500 rpm

Ive heard about a meet at IKEA in sandy and some other volvo meet in slc. can anyone tell me details about them?

7:00PM at IKEA. They are once a month. There is one this week. I'll see you there. You can meet the local Volvo group. We got a few cool cars. One made two pics into the IPD photo contest. I'll likely be leaving Provo around 6:30 or so. This meet is for all Euros, so you see a lot of Golfs and Beamers.
      Sent from my rotor-dial phone with the help of Cortana.
      2004 S60R The Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by titan joe View Post
      7:00PM at IKEA. They are once a month. There is one this week. I'll see you there. You can meet the local Volvo group. We got a few cool cars. One made two pics into the IPD photo contest. I'll likely be leaving Provo around 6:30 or so. This meet is for all Euros, so you see a lot of Golfs and Beamers.
      Is it on friday or saturday?

Ah crap. I thought I posted that it was tomorrow. It's on Wednesdays. I was keeping an eye out for you. That's totally my bad. I won't be there next month, but you can meet other Volvo guys. Tonight we had a small turn out. I think we only had 5 cars.
      2004 S60R The Phoenix

When I wander around the intermountain west, I pull through Ken Garff for an oil change.

There is a black 1995 T5R (yes, a tad rare, I know) that has a lady driver. I believe she works downtown.
      Volvoless for the time being-current Snow White '08 ACURA MDX 220k miles, a mountain goat but not a Volvo - RIP Goldilocks '01 V7T5-GT 250k

I check in every one in awhile...SLC area for now.
      06 S60R GT with a few IPD MTE TME extras
      14 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan
      00 S40 IPD/MTE/TME nothing stock Except paint color sold 07
      08 XC 90 gone along with the Ex-Wife, but neither are missed

Hi Utah folks. Old thread, but I'm looking for advice on experience with Ken Garff SLC. My red v70R lives up in Jackson, WY and I've taken it to Ken Garff in the past for simple service things. They have a truly amazing detail guy too.

Unfortunately, this time I'm in need of a body shop for some simple work from a fairly minor (phew!) rear-ending while I was at a stop light. Does anyone have any experience with the Ken Garff body shop, specifically? Or has anyone had their R worked on at Ken Garff at all? Good experiences?

I'm 5 hours away so trying to decide where to do. Billings and Boise are also in similar range. Thanks!

The local Volvo expert is Roy. He used to do service for the SLC dealer. All the local Volvo guys like him. I would ask him. This post is likely 5 months late, but it may help someone else out.

Also, I've mentioned this before, but I thought that I'd bring it up again. 7:00 PM on this Wednesday there is a large euro meet at the Ikea parking lot in Draper, Utah. There will be several of us Volvo guys there. Come meet us and if you think that we are not scary, join the local Volvo club. It has a monthly membership of $0!!! It's just a Facebook group.
      2004 S60R The Phoenix

Logan here, One or two others here.
      2004 S60R GT Silver/Gobi IPD Track spec sways,TKI Endlinks, Snaab piping, Evolve Airbox, Rica Tune Stage 2, CJ Youther engine build(Darton sleeved, Weisco 9:1 Pistons, ported polished. SWEET)

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast