Any UTAH R drivers? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Thread revival... Currently looking to buy a V70R and I'm interested to see if anybody locally has considered selling any of theirs or know of any I may not have seen.

Also interested in finding a shop that specializes in Volvos. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here's one: https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4202306?ad_cid=6

I've used Utah Imports in Salt Lake and will continue to.
      '00 Mystic Silver metallic V70R, Rear Wing, Dolby
      '02 Desert Wind S40 Sports premium/winter pkg
      '12 Savile Gray metallic S60 T5, Premium/Climate/BLIS/City Safety/rear spoiler
      '13 Seashell metallic XC60 T6, Platinum/Climate/BLIS/Polestar-tuned/IPD anti-sway bar
      '16 Seashell metallic S60 T5 AWD (replaced '17 S60)
      '13A DICE/VIDA, x's '93 850 GLT, '04 XC90, '17 S60 T5 (Totaled!)

Roy's Auto in Orem is a great full service Volvo shop. He recently added a state of the art alignment rack.
      2004 V70R GT, Electric silver W/ Nordkap, Viva DP, FMIC, CBV, IPD ECU, CAI, TCV, Snabb turbo intake, TME springs, JRL mod.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations.

Test drove that VR in Park City and the car is very well used. Runs beautifully, though. The search is on!

Update: I had Roy's replace an exhaust gasket and replace my prop shaft. In the process, he stripped the head at the exhaust manifold--ok, maybe this was the reason for the leak, not the end of the world. They refused to drop the subframe to tap the head--no matter how much I begged.

I left Orem and the car quickly developed a WICKED vibration. At a red light on the way up to SLC, someone besides me says: "Yo, your wheel is about to fall off." Roy forgot to torque my lugnuts or forgot to put them all back on. I was almost in SLC and so I pulled into Volvo, bought new lug nuts and billed Roy. They paid me back for the lugnuts, but this could have been a disaster.

Today, 2 years later, the car developed a NASTY noise around the transmission. I tow it in and the dealer tells me: "Your prop-shaft is held on by one bolt... have you ever messed with the prop shaft before?"

AVOID ROY AT ANY COST. THEY ARE SLOPPY!!!!!!! Feel free to ping me for details, I didn;t want to come out with negativity, but the prop-shaft was too much.

Meh. While I know this post is necromancing, I have to laugh at the last post.
      Driving 30+ Freeway miles after having your wheels off and the lugs loosening is more on you than anything. It is common knowledge that recently re-installed wheel lugs need to be retorqued after a bit of driving. 50 miles is thrown around the most in my experience, but 70-90mph on I-15’s crappy surface will shorten the driving time/mileage before retorque. I’ve had the exact same thing happen to me in multiple times (as I’ve gone through a TON of wheel and tire combinations over the years). You should have pulled over as soon as you started feeling vibration and visually inspected. A simple retorque would have kept it from getting to the point it did. Placing the blame on the shop is asinine.
      Then TWO YEARS later you want to put all the blame on the shop for something else just because they had worked on that area before? Piss off.
      Roy’s worked on multiple personal vehicles of mine and I’ve referred numerous people to the shop. I’ve never had anyone report a negative situation. Roy and his team are human, but so are you. And I would trust Roy over you and pretty much any Volvo tech you want to pit him against. He’s done everything from minor repairs, routine service, rebuilt my car after it was totaled, and installed aftermarket performance mods. And while it is painful seeing the cost of some of that, it was always cheaper than heading to Barff or any other Euro shops. I will defend his shop any time I hear ridiculous claims. I am not affiliated with him or his shop besides as a regular paying customer, but he has earned my trust and respect.

Anyhow,
      My name is AJ, and I’ve lived in Utah County for the past 15 years and I’m a Volvoholic. I’ve admittedly never owned a P2 R, but 3 P1s, P2 S60, and a P3 T6. I’ve seen a few Rs and other models recently, wish I’d known about the IKEA and In-N-Out meetups back in the day when this thread was young.

Anyhow, back to the regular talk of angle gear and 4C mishaps. 😉
      Current- 15 V60 T6 AWD RD Platinum P* Tuned
      Graveyard/Parts Bin/Projects:
      05 S40 T5 AWD GT Satin Pearl White
      06 V50 T5 AWD GT
      07 V50 T5 AWD M66
      07 S80 V8

Quote Originally Posted by carreragt7 View Post
      Meh. While I know this post is necromancing, I have to laugh at the last post.
      Driving 30+ Freeway miles after having your wheels off and the lugs loosening is more on you than anything. It is common knowledge that recently re-installed wheel lugs need to be retorqued after a bit of driving. 50 miles is thrown around the most in my experience, but 70-90mph on I-15’s crappy surface will shorten the driving time/mileage before retorque. I’ve had the exact same thing happen to me in multiple times (as I’ve gone through a TON of wheel and tire combinations over the years). You should have pulled over as soon as you started feeling vibration and visually inspected. A simple retorque would have kept it from getting to the point it did. Placing the blame on the shop is asinine.
      Then TWO YEARS later you want to put all the blame on the shop for something else just because they had worked on that area before? Piss off.
      Roy’s worked on multiple personal vehicles of mine and I’ve referred numerous people to the shop. I’ve never had anyone report a negative situation. Roy and his team are human, but so are you. And I would trust Roy over you and pretty much any Volvo tech you want to pit him against. He’s done everything from minor repairs, routine service, rebuilt my car after it was totaled, and installed aftermarket performance mods. And while it is painful seeing the cost of some of that, it was always cheaper than heading to Barff or any other Euro shops. I will defend his shop any time I hear ridiculous claims. I am not affiliated with him or his shop besides as a regular paying customer, but he has earned my trust and respect.

Anyhow,
      My name is AJ, and I’ve lived in Utah County for the past 15 years and I’m a Volvoholic. I’ve admittedly never owned a P2 R, but 3 P1s, P2 S60, and a P3 T6. I’ve seen a few Rs and other models recently, wish I’d known about the IKEA and In-N-Out meetups back in the day when this thread was young.

Anyhow, back to the regular talk of angle gear and 4C mishaps. 😉
      Thank you for calling me out. I never had an issue with lugnuts post wheel work, it seems they were hand tightened to begin with—I trust Roy would have called me out for this had I been in the wrong. Instead, it seems they were hand tightened to begin with, Roy cut me a check for the new lug nuts purchased from dealer on my way home.

As for the shaft: it was incorrectly installed: as confirmed by dealer, and Colorado driveshafts. I will say that after my misadventure with Roy, I did start taking it to Graff and was THRILLED both with pricing and service. Happy to hear that you are pleased with Roy’s service—that was not my lived experience.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2