360 surround view camera not available until autumn
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

360 surround view camera not available until autumn

I just heard from my dealer that the 360 surround view camera won't be available in any cars delivered until September. I was given the option of waiting or taking a 699 dollar discount, which I took. I don't mind so much, as that wasn't my number one feature, but I wasn't sure if other people were given the same info/option.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hmmm - I saw it demo'd at the dealers and understand it is in the car I ordered via OSD. This is in the US.
      Current: 2016 XC90 Inscription(OSD) w/ Convenience and Vision Packages, Twilight Bronze Metallic; 2007 BMW 335i Coupe w/Dinan Stage 2 Tune and M Body Kit; 1969 Volvo 1800S

ordered today and was not told about this....est delivery still mid July for me

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Personally I'd rather wait than get a small credit, it's an amazing feature once you have it! We have it on our 2015 F150 & wouldn't get a car without it now personally

I totally agree with Brutus. Went in for a test drive today and was really pleasantly surpised. I thought it was on of the top features. I would absolutely wait for it if I had to.

Junior Member VolvoXC90Inscription's Avatar
      I have been extremely patient with Volvo but it feels like Volvo has no respect to people who have ordered this car before April-May 2015 (my order was last year)
      - After months of delay, we will pay the full MSRP
      - First the news about the third row seat, and now 360 surround view camera is not an option
      - And our cars will be the test cars for the detection of real world problems

DOES VOLVO HAS A PLAN TO DEAL WITH THE FRUSTRATED CUSTOMERS (or at least to show that they care)?

We are not stupid; we also know that if we wait for a few months, we will get a better car for a price less than MSRP. But as we want this car so badly, Volvo keeps punishing us. I am really having second thoughts now.

The message is earlier order is not affected. New orders with 360 degree view will be delayed. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoXC90Inscription View Post
      I have been extremely patient with Volvo but it feels like Volvo has no respect to people who have ordered this car before April-May 2015 (my order was last year)
      - First the news about the third row seat, and now 360 surround view camera is not an option

DOES VOLVO HAS A PLAN TO DEAL WITH THE FRUSTRATED CUSTOMERS (or at least to show that they care)?

We are not stupid; we also know that if we wait for a few months, we will get a better car for a price less than MSRP. But as we want this car so badly, Volvo keeps punishing us. I am really having second thoughts now.
      The car has been in development for ? 2-3 years and full spec debuted almost 9 months ago and still having supply issues at this stage is not acceptable. This is nothing short of sloppiness or pure incompetence - and I don't want to hear the Volvo faithful give the BS that this is a new model, yes it is, not a new invention! Software updates and Apple CarPlay etc., are understandable as they are not in their control.
      T6 Inscription OSD July 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoXC90Inscription View Post

No need to get angry. Who told you that your car will not have the 360 camera? They are wrong.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
      The car has been in development for ? 2-3 years and full spec debuted almost 9 months ago and still having supply issues at this stage is not acceptable. This is nothing short of sloppiness or pure incompetence - and I don't want to hear the Volvo faithful give the BS that this is a new model, yes it is, not a new invention! Software updates and Apple CarPlay etc., are understandable as they are not in their control.
      What's the root cause of the delay?

VCNA seems has problem get dealers informed/updated. Not professional. I hope the new factory not be operated like this.

Some of you guys need to chill out....you act as if Volvo controls the supply chain. Apple had hundreds of thousands of AppleWatches built that had to be recycled because of a failed part. Think they are incompetent with supply issues?!?! Sometimes things happen out of your control. Every manufacturer has this. All this hysteria over a rumor.....we have no idea of the extent of the problem, if any. Chill.

My dealer very specifically called to tell me that the 360 camera wouldn't be available until September. Can anyone else confirm or deny that they have gotten the same info?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothetgoo View Post
      My dealer very specifically called to tell me that the 360 camera wouldn't be available until September. Can anyone else confirm or deny that they have gotten the same info?
      I got the same info, but he also said that they have enough cameras to fill all orders placed until recently. This only affects new orders, and of those only the ones that include the Vision package.

My dealer confirmed the same. I'm guessing demand outstripped supply.
      Current: 2016 XC90 Inscription(OSD) w/ Convenience and Vision Packages, Twilight Bronze Metallic; 2007 BMW 335i Coupe w/Dinan Stage 2 Tune and M Body Kit; 1969 Volvo 1800S

Quote Originally Posted by Calhon View Post
      What's the root cause of the delay?
      According to a Swedish Volvo forum, Volvo significantly underestimated the number of XC90's ordered with the 360 camera and now had to go back to the supplier requesting increased deliveries. I would guess it will take time for the supplier to ramp up the production.
      2004 XC90 T6 - member of the Quarter Million Miler Club - Sold!

I just heard from my dealer that the 360 surround view camera won't be available in any cars delivered until September. I was given the option of waiting or taking a 699 dollar discount, which I took. I don't mind so much, as that wasn't my number one feature, but I wasn't sure if other people were given the same info/option.
      When did you originally order?

Quote Originally Posted by 26GAP View Post
      My dealer confirmed the same. I'm guessing demand outstripped supply.
      Demand?

They didn't expect people wanting to order this option? Who on earth is in charge over there?

I just told my dealer to hold off, I'm waiting for next years model. Let them work out all the kinks and make all the options available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
      Demand?

They didn't expect people wanting to order this option? Who on earth is in charge over there?

I just told my dealer to hold off, I'm waiting for next years model. Let them work out all the kinks and make all the options available.
      I agree! We're also probably waiting for MY17, too many things/options not available especially on R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoFaRmeR View Post
      Some of you guys need to chill out....you act as if Volvo controls the supply chain. Apple had hundreds of thousands of AppleWatches built that had to be recycled because of a failed part. Think they are incompetent with supply issues?!?! Sometimes things happen out of your control. Every manufacturer has this. All this hysteria over a rumor.....we have no idea of the extent of the problem, if any. Chill.
      This makes sense and doesn't make sense. Apple watch is the first watch apple built but VOLVO has been in this industry for 2015-1927 = 88 years...

So it sounds like all FEs will have the 360 camera, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by SocDave View Post
      So it sounds like all FEs will have the 360 camera, correct?
      Yes, sounds like it is only affecting new or recent orders. FEs were planned so the camera units were already taken into account for their production early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
      I agree. Unless you really need a new vehicle right now, this is a smart thing to do, IMO.
      2004 XC90 T6 - member of the Quarter Million Miler Club - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by finnvolvo View Post
      I agree. Unless you really need a new vehicle right now, this is a smart thing to do, IMO.
      Yes, but I just can't hold myself back from pulling that trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      Yes, sounds like it is only affecting new or recent orders. FEs were planned so the camera units were already taken into account for their production early on.
      My dealer just told me they have not received any info on 360 camera option delays. He placed 2 new 2016 XC90 orders (with the 360 camera option) on Saturday and did not get any delay messages.
      Have Owned: 1982 Datsun 280ZX|1985 Nissan Pulsar|1989 Mazda RX-7 Convertible|1994 Range Rover|1997 Range Rover|2001 Mercedes-Benz M320|2004 Lexus RX330|2007 BMW X5|2011 Lincoln MKX|2012 XC60 R Design, Cosmic White|2011 C30, Burnt Orange |2012 BMW 328i Convertible|2016 XC90 Inscription, Climate, Convenience and Vision Packages, Twilight Bronze Metallic
      Current: 2018 XC90 Inscription, Convenience Package, Bowers and Wilkins Premium Sound, 21" 8-Spoke Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels, Tailored Parts, Charcoal Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel, Denim Blue/Maroon

Quote Originally Posted by VOLVO-LI View Post
      My dealer just told me they have not received any info on 360 camera option delays. He placed 2 new 2016 XC90 orders (with the 360 camera option) on Saturday and did not get any delay messages.
      Looks like VCNA is a little messed up. Cannot believe people got different messages from their dealerships on so important things.
      Call VCNA, or may need to call Volvo headquarter to find out the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLVO-LI View Post
      Maybe your dealer did not get the info or it came out after Saturday, just guessing. Yannis mentioned in this post that "There is a temporary delay. You can still get the Vision package but your order may get delayed a little. Or you can get the car quicker by electing to go through the BLIS package (same as the Vision minus the 360 camera and about $600 less)."
      Last edited by Paradox; 05-19-2015 at 01:13 PM.

I ordered mine in late March, put the deposit down on March 28th I believe. I was told that mine was going into production next week, so I guess I am just unlucky?

I ordered mine in late March, put the deposit down on March 28th I believe. I was told that mine was going into production next week, so I guess I am just unlucky?
      At least you was updated... I don't even have my tracking number yet..

How long it usually takes from "going into production" to "shipped to customer" ?

Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      Looks like VCNA is a little messed up. Cannot believe people got different messages from their dealerships on so important things.
      Or the people nh_ets dealt with had not yet read the communication from VCNA, forgot or otherwise neglected to pass on the information. You really think it's strange that a 1000+ sales people don't all know everything important at the same time, or don't always pass on the correct information to customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Calhon View Post
      Or the people nh_ets dealt with had not yet read the communication from VCNA, forgot or otherwise neglected to pass on the information. You really think it's strange that a 1000+ sales people don't all know everything important at the same time, or don't always pass on the correct information to customers?
      If an employee does not check the latest info from VCNA in the morning before opening the door during the hot during time of a hot all new vehicle, it is indeed strange.

I now see the advantage of online ordering they are proposed. At least it is easier to get notified by email or check order updates online. And if anything is changed, all buyers get same information.

I take a little issue with the way you are perceiving things. VCNA can communicate messages to the retailers but is not responsible with the way the message is conveyed to the consumers from there.

Some people here are panicking and making a big deal out of a temporary shortage in a part. It happens all the time and no orders are canceled or cannot go through. In the short term, it may delay an order by a few weeks, nothing more nothing less. Nobody has said you cannot order Vision package. The BLIS package is an alternative for those who do not care about the 360 camera and/or are under time constraints.

I do not see the same sort of comments because Contour seats can also result in a similar delivery delay.

Let's not feed off the "internet frenzy".
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      I take a little issue with the way you are perceiving things. VCNA can communicate messages to the retailers but is not responsible with the way the message is conveyed to the consumers from there.

Some people here are panicking and making a big deal out of a temporary shortage in a part. It happens all the time and no orders are canceled or cannot go through. In the short term, it may delay an order by a few weeks, nothing more nothing less. Nobody has said you cannot order Vision package. The BLIS package is an alternative for those who do not care about the 360 camera and/or are under time constraints.

I do not see the same sort of comments because Contour seats can also result in a similar delivery delay.

Let's not feed off the "internet frenzy".
      It is the challenge of information era. If there were no such a forum then none of us would know what had happened and complain.

But now we do have the convenience of Internet, people's view of things are more direct, and changing faster. It is challenge for dealerships, factories, industries.

If an employee does not check the latest info from VCNA in the morning before opening the door during the hot during time of a hot all new vehicle, it is indeed strange.
      Undesirable, hopefully infrequent, but definitely not strange in the sense that even the most diligent salesperson might fail to do that on occasion. The point is the fact that a salesperson doesn't communicate something to a customer is not sufficient to conclude that VCNA is at fault. The sales people aren't even Volvo employees.
      Last edited by Calhon; 05-19-2015 at 04:47 PM.

It is the challenge of information era. If there were no such a forum then none of us would know what had happened and complain.

But now we do have the convenience of Internet, people's view of things are more direct, and changing faster. It is challenge for dealerships, factories, industries.
      It is not a challenge. It is a blessing. Information is a major plus for all parties involved. However, distortion of information (and on the internet as each piece of info changes more hands or goes through more posts and threads, the end product is like water that has gone through multiple filters; lacking taste and substance).

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast