Photos: XC90 w/ Ubran Styling Kit
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Photos: XC90 w/ Ubran Styling Kit

Took a trip to SouthBay Volvo and went to see if they had any Inscription models there. I was in luck since they had one, and with the Uban Styling Kit and side skirts. Looks fantastic. Though, SouthBay also had a 20K dealer mark-up on that model, which wasn't so fantastic.... Anyways, enjoy the photos!

It looked great all hunkered down with the air suspension.

NEW! 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Manual
      2007 S40 T5 White
      Previous: 1989 740 Turbo, 1995 960, 1999 V70 XC AWD

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I was there last two weekends ago. I saw the dealer markup as well. I sat in the car and played with the Bowers audio. Now i regret not adding it to my order

Is that color Osmium Grey?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

did you say $20k? That is insane...legal I'm sure but insane.

Quote Originally Posted by andy603 View Post
      did you say $20k? That is insane...legal I'm sure but insane.
      That's what I thought too!!! Over a quarter of the MSRP!!!!!!!!
      NEW! 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Manual
      2007 S40 T5 White
      Previous: 1989 740 Turbo, 1995 960, 1999 V70 XC AWD

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmark2 View Post
      Is that color Osmium Grey?
      Yes, it is.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

I'll just take an R-design and be done.
      Dave in VA

2012 XC70 T6, AWD (new T6 motor installed 8/27/2015)
      2016 Cadillac ATS-V

I don't care for either of the styling kits and the prices for them are insane. I'd agree the R-design is the way to go for much less $$$.

+1 for R-Design

When I picked up my FE they had the exact Inscription shown in the OP. I like the look of the aluminum bottom piece on the front and the front decor inserts but that's about it. And the cost of that aluminum piece on the front bottom is too much and the decor inserts don't IMO look good without it. So overall I actually just like it 'bare boned' which is good because I put that extra money into leather sealants, opticoat, glass coating etc.
      Currently Own:

2018 Volvo XC60 Inscription — Replaced my 2016 XC90 First Edition

2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum — Replaced my 2017 Audi Q7

A $20,000 price-gouge!? No wonder Mr. Musk doesn't like car dealers.

Which engine?
      Volvo V70 III D5 Ocean Race
      Volvo 854 B5254S

Quote Originally Posted by alex_biehl View Post
      Which engine?
      Huh? If you mean what engine in the OPs pic, the U.S. is only getting the petrol engine, so it is a T6 which is the 2.0L 4 cylinder super and turbocharged engine
      Currently Own:

Okay. In Germany we have just the same one. I was in hope you can order a V8 engine in america...
      Volvo 854 B5254S

Okay. In Germany we have just the same one. I was in hope you can order a V8 engine in america...
      All Volvo's whether US or not moving forward, as far as we know, will have 4 or 3 cylinder engines.
      Currently Own:

Oohww that sucks... But i'm looking forward
      Volvo 854 B5254S

Yeah, me too!

You can indeed order a V8 in the USA. And put it in the spacious load area. But you can't power the car with it...

Anyone have or can link to pics of the new xc90 with front and rear mud flaps installed? Preferably real world pics
      Currently Own:

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      Anyone have or can link to pics of the new xc90 with front and rear mud flaps installed? Preferably real world pics
      After seeing the XC90 in person at my dealer, we both agreed that the mudflaps are a must. I couldn't find any real-life pictures, but with when you look at the wheels, the width of the tire sticks out a bit and will definitely be able to kick up rocks and throw them straight up to the door. I decided that I didn't care how they looked it was a no brainer. I love the look of the XC90, but wish they could have moved the fenders out just an inch more or so. Go to the back side of and look at the front tire and you will be surprised how much of it can be seen at the bottom half.

The grey one above looks great with the USK. This one in Onyx black did not look as good. Definitely not a fan of the styling kit.

I like the kit to be different color of the body to create a dual tone image. Is it possible to order the kit in different color?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdog44 View Post
      The grey one above looks great with the USK. This one in Onyx black did not look as good. Definitely not a fan of the styling kit.

The lower picture is perfect for what I was stating in another thread about mudflaps being a must. Look at that front wheel and how much of the lower wheel that you can see. Now imagine all the rocks/salt/tar/asphalt that will be kicked up by those tires and exactly where it will hit (even more so without the styling kits).

Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      I like the kit to be different color of the body to create a dual tone image. Is it possible to order the kit in different color?
      The Rugged Styling Kit is matte black, contrasting with lighter body colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdog44 View Post
      Thanks for the pics... to each their opwn I guess. I think they all lok great with the urban styling kit... makes the wheel arches look more agressive, and I like the back bumper piece as well. I ordered both sets of mud flaps, so we will see how it all turns out on white.
      2016 XC90 Inscription: picked up via OSD 16 July! Ice White/Charcoal Napa/Metal Mesh/Anthracite Headliner
      Air Suspension/HUD/B&W audio/Convenience, Comfort, Vision PKGs, Urban styling+

2014 BMW M5 Competition Pack / 2013 BMW 335ix / 2009 BMW R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN T SHEA View Post
      The Rugged Styling Kit is matte black, contrasting with lighter body colors.
      But I don't want a black kit. My current Taurus X is azure blue boy with gray kit and looks great. I think gray kit looks good on most body color. Can I order the kit in gray regardless of the body color? The kit shape and mounting is identical anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      But I don't want a black kit. My current Taurus X is azure blue boy with gray kit and looks great. I think gray kit looks good on most body color. Can I order the kit in gray regardless of the body color? The kit shape and mounting is identical anyways.
      There is no gray kit. There's kits that match the body color (urban, and this includes the gray metallics) and then there's the black plastic (rugged). If you somehow managed to order one of the gray metallics I don't think it would have the affect you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gc52 View Post
      There is no gray kit. There's kits that match the body color (urban, and this includes the gray metallics) and then there's the black plastic (rugged). If you somehow managed to order one of the gray metallics I don't think it would have the affect you're looking for.
      Gray metallic is probably good to me. Like below which is simply painted on plastic trim. and not sure why not offer Rugged luxury kit in gray? It goes very well with different body color, better than black kit. Btw, Ford taurus X and Freestyle looks just so good to me but Ford changed to Flex which is not attractive at all.

Last edited by goVolvo; 06-07-2015 at 03:16 AM.

As a matter of interest, all the Fords pictured and mentioned, Taurus, Freestyle and Flex, are based on the original Volvo S80/XC90 platform.

As a matter of interest, all the Fords pictured and mentioned, Taurus, Freestyle and Flex, are based on the original Volvo S80/XC90 platform.
      Yep. But Ford managed to facelift their production lines while slowed down Volvo's R&D for new models.

Volvo should be proud that the 1999 S80 remains the Father Of (Almost) All Fords. Volvo's recent bad-mouthing of Ford is one of the few things that puts me off Volvos. I view it as a smokescreen to distract attention from Volvo's Chinese ownership. The new XC90 is the only car I have ever considered buying that is made by a company not owned and controlled by a democracy.

Without Ford, Volvo could have gone the way of Saab. Where else would Volvo have gotten a 60 degree V8, for example? Not to mention the other Volvo engines still made in Ford's Welsh engine plant, where Jaguar and Aston Martin engines are also made. Ford owned Volvo for only a decade, during which short time they enabled Volvo to replace ALL their models and add new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by genericuser1 View Post
      I don't care for either of the styling kits and the prices for them are insane. I'd agree the R-design is the way to go for much less $$$.
      I don't really care for either of the kits or the R design either. And the R doesn't cost much less and locks you into a lot of interior options, some of which I just wouldn't want at all. I'd consider it with lighter seats for instance. style-wise my favorite elements are the stainless bumpers without the rest of the kit, and the 20" R wheels. It really is too bad we can't just mix and match.

Quote Originally Posted by Gc52 View Post
      I don't really care for either of the kits or the R design either. And the R doesn't cost much less and locks you into a lot of interior options, some of which I just wouldn't want at all. I'd consider it with lighter seats for instance. style-wise my favorite elements are the stainless bumpers without the rest of the kit, and the 20" R wheels. It really is too bad we can't just mix and match.
      Volvo seems need to:
      1. Facelift sooner, with bigger change
      2. Relax color options

More shapes, more colors, seems still the challenge for SPA lines.

Without Ford, Volvo could have gone the way of Saab. Where else would Volvo have gotten a 60 degree V8, for example?
      So, Ford gave Volvo the 4.4L V8? I think not. And, by the way, Volvo was very close in going to the way of SAAB...would you ever put up your house for sale for a period of 2-3 years?

Not to mention the other Volvo engines still made in Ford's Welsh engine plant, where Jaguar and Aston Martin engines are also made. Ford owned Volvo for only a decade, during which short time they enabled Volvo to replace ALL their models and add new ones.
      And the total separation cannot come soon enough.

With regards to the latter part of your statement, let's keep in mind that during that tenure the XC90 took 12 years to replace while the S60 took about 10...
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      So, Ford gave Volvo the 4.4L V8? I think not. And, by the way, Volvo was very close in going to the way of SAAB...would you ever put up your house for sale for a period of 2-3 years?

And the total separation cannot come soon enough.

With regards to the latter part of your statement, let's keep in mind that during that tenure the XC90 took 12 years to replace while the S60 took about 10...

The 4.4 V8 was developed from engines Ford designed and subcontracted Yamaha to manufacture. It remains the only 60 degree V8 in the world.

Volvo was never anywhere near Saab's state, thanks to Ford's very different attitudes compared to GM. And yes, I have had houses for sale even longer. Ford's sale to Geely after the 2008 crash has been praised by analysts as a textbook example of how to do such things right, unlike the GM/Saab fiasco. It was one of the ways Ford avoided the bankruptcy of both its Detroit competitors.

Only the first seven years of the XC90's life were during Ford's tenure. The last five are Geely/Volvo's responsibility. Even more so for the S60 and Volvo's other models.

And the total separation cannot come soon enough? Did you sell Volvos during the Ford period? If so, did you bad-mouth Ford then? Do you refuse to sell the Focus-related S40 and V40? Do you share your low opinion of Volvo's Ford-related engines and platforms with your customers? And I wonder what you and Volvo will say about Geely when and if Volvo are ever sold again, which may very well happen.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast