SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

OFFICIAL: XC90 Photo Thread

208K views 729 replies 153 participants last post by  ggleavitt 
#1 ·
Searched for one, but couldn't find anything resembling a "post all your photos of your moose here" thread, so decided to start one. I'm always curious to check out other folks' rides, so feel free to post up any and all pictures of your XC. I've also had the following pic for a week or so and have been wanting to post it somewhere, so, here starts the trend!:beer::beer:

Memorial Day Weekend, 2015 at Lake Anna in Virginia

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are a couple of mine from last year. Probably early July just after I'd picked it up. I need to get some better ones.

Cannon Hall near Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

Some incredibly tough, urban setting in err... Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

#6 ·
How do you upload images? I have them saved to my Flickr, but I can't get farther. Would love to share!

#7 ·
If you've got them on flickr, you're most of the way there. Go to the image you want to post on flickr, in the lower right corner, you'll see four icons, second from the right is an arrow curving up and to the right. Click on it. You'll see five boxes with four text buttons/headings below them. Click the "BBcode" heading. Select the size you want from the dropdown (mine are "Medium 800x600"), then copy the string of text below the size drop down. Come back here, paste it in the quick reply box, and post. Got it? Good!

#8 · (Edited)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132027442@N02/

Just sitting outside the house. I'll post more after the upgrades this summer, and the trips I take it on.

Thank you skifreak for the info!

EDIT: Upgrades

A couple of simple upgrades to Toro (Affectionately named by my girlfriend). Black Powder Coated Rims done at Midwest Welding and Machine in Bozeman. Widened Letters. 2013 Tail Lights. 10,000 Kelvin HID bulbs (Not burned in yet). New Grille with Larger Emblem. Next up, repaint the front bumper and smoke the tail and head lights and turn signals.

Reactions: cvdk9733
#11 ·
Great pictures! Loving those ones in the snow. Made me look forward to winter again :) The possibility of a bad winter following the predicted El Nino makes me grin. It shouldn't but there you go...

And have I mentioned before that I'd commit crimes for a V8? They're as rare as hen's teeth over here but with unleaded at £1.20 per litre (£5.46/$8.36 per imp. gallon?) I guess there's a reason for that.

#18 ·
My VOR 2006 with new AEZ Rims and Pirelli Zero Rosso tires.
You know, I would never have imagined those on an XC90. But they really do look the cats on the OR. Now where do I get that "vertical takeoff accessory" HK? ;)

I'm with you on the V8 Rich. I would park / post pics anywhere if I possessed such an animal. But hey at least we still get the D5 growl

Really enjoying all the pics, keep em coming.

#14 ·
And have I mentioned before that I'd commit crimes for a V8? They're as rare as hen's teeth over here but with unleaded at £1.20 per litre (£5.46/$8.36 per imp. gallon?) I guess there's a reason for that.
I get around 11.5L/100km mixed and just a little over 10L/100km on the highway @ 110 km/h. I dont really think its that bad compared to the other engine choices.

#15 ·
rich - the V8 really is a great car. We love ours, and the wife, I think, finally understands why I held out for so long to find a nice, clean V8, even if we had to ship it 3/4 across the country :) On the way back from the lake the other weekend, with my wife and our 5 week old son and all of his stuff, driving on back country roads for two hours, we managed 21mpgs. I was pretty darn happy with that considering the conditions. In general though, you guys have alot cooler cars than we do on this side of the pond...lucky!

Here's another one, same one that is linked in my signature, but figured I'd keep this thread going :)

#20 ·
skifreak85353 it is holding up well so far thanks for asking. We had two hybrids and two mtn bikes on it the other weekend and made a 180 miles roadtrip. Did not even know it was back there, no vibrations in the mirror that I could see.

Racks are personal choices ;) but we wanted one that held our bikes by wheel cradles not frame hangers. We have had ground clearance issues with the frame hanger types on our hybrids with sloped bars even on large SUV's of our friends.

This rack is a recently discontinued one from Saris. It has as you can see the optional extender to go from 2 bikes to 4 bikes. You can run with/without that as you choose. You are right that it requires a larger hitch, can only be used with 2" receiver which is what the Volvo factory hitch provides.

Riding tonight as a matter of fact.

Thanks,

Mike

#22 ·
skifreak85353 it is holding up well so far thanks for asking. We had two hybrids and two mtn bikes on it the other weekend and made a 180 miles roadtrip. Did not even know it was back there, no vibrations in the mirror that I could see.

Racks are personal choices ;) but we wanted one that held our bikes by wheel cradles not frame hangers. We have had ground clearance issues with the frame hanger types on our hybrids with sloped bars even on large SUV's of our friends.

This rack is a recently discontinued one from Saris. It has as you can see the optional extender to go from 2 bikes to 4 bikes. You can run with/without that as you choose. You are right that it requires a larger hitch, can only be used with 2" receiver which is what the Volvo factory hitch provides.

Riding tonight as a matter of fact.

Thanks,

Mike
Good to hear. I couldn't agree with you more regarding racks that hold bikes by the wheels vs the frame. Wheel holding is superior.

#30 ·
Here are a few of my 07 V8 with 250k+ miles. I've added a ton of accessories including the very rare exterior decor kit. The color is the fairly rare Willow green (07 and 08 only)

#31 · (Edited)
I also have two XC90 cutaway promotional cars. Both were based on 2003 T6 European Spec Models. One has its complete engine and drivetrain and is capable of running and driving. I love Volvo collectables, and I think these are pretty much the ultimate XC90 items for my collection.

And last, but not least, here's my XC90 pulling each of the cutaways the days that I bought them.

#32 ·
I went ahead and stickied the thread so it is now THE OFFICIAL XC90 photo thread. I edited the title to note this as well. :)