SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

OFFICIAL: XC90 Photo Thread

208K views 729 replies 153 participants last post by  ggleavitt 
#1 ·
Searched for one, but couldn't find anything resembling a "post all your photos of your moose here" thread, so decided to start one. I'm always curious to check out other folks' rides, so feel free to post up any and all pictures of your XC. I've also had the following pic for a week or so and have been wanting to post it somewhere, so, here starts the trend!:beer::beer:

Memorial Day Weekend, 2015 at Lake Anna in Virginia

See less See more
#38 ·
It looks like you have the silk metal door trim from the decor kit, but no other pieces from the decor kit. Did you paint them silver? If I recall, the silk metal decor kit door trim pieces won't mount directly to the door.

#42 · (Edited)
Time to post up a shot of our 2007. We bought it in late 2013, to replace our 2001 S60 T5 when baby #3 was on the way.

It's a V8 with chestnut sovereign hide leather, RSE, BLIS, active xenons, and climate package.

I've added 19" ipd replica Pegs (machined finish) with 2016 XC90 center caps, 2013 LED tail lamps, updated tailgate badging, OEM crossbars, hidden hitch with wiring, and matching tint on the front two windows. I also removed the middle seat on the second row (thanks to instructions found on this forum), for a much easier pass through (we have 3 car seats in this thing!).

#47 ·
Time to post up a shot of our 2007. We bought it in late 2013, to replace our 2001 S60 T5 when baby #3 was on the way.
Love the interior and I'm definitely inspired to do the seat removal asap.

#43 ·
That interior...holy smokes I want that! Love the white, too. That has to be a super rare combo - V8, white, chestnut sovereign hide...

Interesting idea removing the center. I'll have to look into it. Is it pretty easy - like can you take it out and put it back in? Or is it semi-permanent either because of level of effort or because of some sort of mod? How does the car seat in the third row work out?

Pegs look sharp! That might be a good winter wheel go-to instead of our 20" Cratus setup.

Nice rig all around!

#44 ·
Yes, it is a rare combo. I think this interior was '07 only, then reintroduced a couple years later but with a slightly different pattern. I knew exactly what I wanted and it took a while to find it. I actually purchased this XC90 out of Florida (worked through JRL) and had it shipped across the country.

As for the middle seat, it's actually very easy to remove, but the problem is that you will get an SRS light because it leaves the pretensioner disconnected. So the time-consuming trick is to fish the pretensioner out of the seat and plug it back in, then stash it somewhere hidden so the SRS brain still thinks the seat and belt are installed. This thread is a great resource:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?139223-Removing-Center-Seat-in-Middle-Row-SRS-Light

#45 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's ours (well my wifes), it's a UK 2007 XC90 3.2 Executive, pictured in Langley Park, South Bucks, UK.

Mods carried out so far:

New 2010+ front grille
Wider spacing Volvo lettering on rear, de-badged XC90 & 3.2 AWD
Rear tints
Updated 2013 RTI HDD Nav software

Most of the ones on this side of the pond are Diesel, I really wanted a V8 but they are uber rare so we settled for the (also rare in the UK) 3.2 inline 6 :)

I installed the new nav software in both of my Volvos. It makes all the difference in the world. It brings the interface out of the stone age, and the 3D maps are so much more modern looking. In my opinion it took the system from borderline unusable to great. I use mine all the time now in both of my Volvos.

#46 ·
Love all of these pics.

@skifreak85353 Makes me wish for some really bad weather this winter :D

@caliwagon That certainly is a lovely colour leather. And I agree with skifreak85353, the middle seat idea is intriguing. We have three too (7, 4 & 2) and that's why I have the XC90, but we put ours in a row unless I treat the boys and put them in the third row. They seem to like it back there.

@C320 Just jealous. The only thing that could improve my XC90 would be if it ran on petrol and not diesel.

#49 ·
Picked this beauty up a couple weeks ago with 60k miles on it. V8 AWD and runs seemingly awesome. Coming from the P2R scene I'm interested in seeing what kind of cosmetic upgrades I can do to it to bring it up to a newer design (Like the LED tails and such). As of right now it's getting a full 4 stage detail job on the exterior and full interior detail at the dealer. It passes the 10ft test but needs some love from the spa for sure.

#50 ·
Man, Ocean Blue is gorgeous! I wish they offered the Ocean Race in the facelift version. That might be something worth creating using a 2006!

#51 ·
Here are some crappy cell phone pics I took of my 260k mile XC90 today, along with pics of all of my cars together which is actually pretty hard to accomplish since I keep them in several locations! There are also a couple of pics of all of my "toys" together including my two cutaway XC90s.

#55 ·
The supply of installation kits is getting VERY thin. The XC90 ones are sold out, and I think there are very very few V70/S60/XC70 kits left. I had to use one of those. The wire to the lights is just a little longer. That's the only difference. The instructions are also different, but you can use the XC90 instructions from VIDA.

#62 ·
Great job! Titanium XC90s are actually pretty rare! I wish my two Volvos were the same color. I'd be fine with them both being either Willow Green or Ember Black, but I do like Ember a bit better. Both colors get a lot of compliments. Titanium is a classic Volvo color. I think they should have produced it for longer than they did.

#65 ·
I snapped a few photos this morning before my run of my 2004 2.5T. She has 100 miles until she will roll over 206,000 miles. She has a few door dings and what not but I still love her just as much the day I bought her.

#67 ·
#70 ·
Looking sharp! Not really a fan of those BBS rims but they do look pretty good there! What's your next project?

#71 ·