SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

OFFICIAL: XC90 Photo Thread

208K views 729 replies 153 participants last post by  ggleavitt 
#1 ·
Searched for one, but couldn't find anything resembling a "post all your photos of your moose here" thread, so decided to start one. I'm always curious to check out other folks' rides, so feel free to post up any and all pictures of your XC. I've also had the following pic for a week or so and have been wanting to post it somewhere, so, here starts the trend!:beer::beer:

Memorial Day Weekend, 2015 at Lake Anna in Virginia

See less See more
#75 ·
Is there a Volvo club out there? Or are all those yours?

#77 · (Edited)
All photos posted here linked to Facebook disappear. Grrrrrr

Here again VOR with new AEZ Cliff Rims and Pirelli Zero Rosso. Good price 1 pack 350 Eur Rim + Tire in
Slovenian the best tire shop SPAN Brezovica near town Ljubljana.

New skid plate.

#78 · (Edited)
#79 ·
Refreshed the roof rails with silver caps, added black mirror cap housings and the refinished black wheels from our '12 XC90 R-Design

Here are our XC90s with the wheels swapped:

#80 ·
Dude we have the same car!! Looks nice with the black mirror caps! It's a bummer you are all the way across the country, otherwise we could meet up and compare. What finish for your rims? Gloss, satin, or matte?

#81 ·
No doubt! The finish is gloss. These were originally supposed to be a graphite and the shop went a little dark - turned out in the end and looked good on our white '12 RD. When I picked up this Red '07, I thought I'd give them a try. I'll probably put the graphite 20-inch Cratus, currently on my V60, on the Red XC in the spring. The black rims are wrapped with Nokian WR G3s, so they will work well through winter.

#82 ·
That finish is beautiful! Mine is a satin black with metallic flecks that sparkle when the sun hits them. I didn't realize yours are actually a very dark gray, not quite black. Are yours powder coated or painted with a clear coat?

#83 ·
Painted with clear coat. Yes, a very dark grey, near black.

#84 ·
Had the front windows tinted today - 35%

#85 ·
Looks great! Isn't 30% the legal limit though? Any problems seeing out at night with the glare from inside?

#86 ·
In VA the legal limit is 50% :eek:

No issues so far at night.

#88 ·
Loaded for bear! First time I've ever brought bikes and skis north for Christmas. Hoping to make the most out of this crummy northeast weather.
Awesome looking car and even better looking rides on the back! I just got crossbars for my XC90 for Christmas. Of course, it's at the shop right now getting an engine misfire sorted out, but when I get it back, I'll have to take a picture of mine with the yaks on top and the bikes on the back.

#90 ·
my buddy and I enjoying the snow, with DSTC reduced of course

#92 ·
Flashback time! Took this when it was new...back then, phone cameras weren't what they are today, but it was an interesting photo-op nonetheless. :D

#94 ·
#95 ·
#96 ·
That's some serious light. I like it! :)

#99 ·
Yes, ideally I would put it right behind either the grille or center inlet if size permitted. I will be getting a 24" specific spot bar dedicated for brights, and I am going to use the Volvo harness to wire it into my brights. After that's done, I'm going to aim the current one down and tint it golden for fog and snow. But I really like the current position, and it still lights up signs almost 2 miles in the distance! So to shorten, where the bar is at works great, but not perfectly.

#103 ·
Zlead, wow...just wow. You live in an amazing place!