Volvo Cars Introduces "Pay Once and Never Pay Again" Lifetime Parts & Labor Warranty
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 54
    1. #1
      Administrator chris@swedespeed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2000
      Location
      DC Metro
      Posts
      55,591

      Volvo Cars Introduces "Pay Once and Never Pay Again" Lifetime Parts & Labor Warranty




      (ROCKLEIGH, NJ – July 8, 2015)
      Volvo Cars of North America will now offer a lifetime parts and labor warranty for all Volvo vehicles serviced after the factory warranty at any Volvo retailer. Volvo customers can expect to pay once and never pay again for replacement Volvo parts and labor, excluding accessories and wear items, for as long as they own their car.

      This addition to the Volvo Service Advantage program is part of the company’s definition of premium service, a philosophy that is designed around the customer’s needs and lifetime love of Volvo Cars. All Volvo owners can expect to receive the premium service experience when servicing at their local Volvo retailer. In addition to the lifetime parts and labor warranty, customers will receive free software updates, complimentary diagnostics, personal service, alternative transportation and a complimentary car wash.

      “We look forward to redefining the way manufacturers service and support their vehicles” says Scott Doering, Vice President of Customer Service, Volvo Cars of North America, “the lifetime parts and labor warranty is a best in class offer from a luxury automaker.”




      All Volvo owners are invited to experience this new definition of luxury service at their local Volvo retailer. All Volvo models are eligible for the Volvo Service Advantage program and the new lifetime parts and labor warranty.

      “The lifetime parts and labor warranty is a commitment to both quality vehicles and quality customer relationships,” says Lex Kerssemakers, President and CEO of Volvo Cars of North America, “everyone should feel confident that Volvo is here to support our customers throughout the ownership of their vehicle.”

      More information about the Volvo Service Advantage program can be found at your local Volvo retailer or online at http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/maintenance
      2017 S90 Inscription (daily)
      2016 S60CC (next generation Volvo driver)
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

      Previous:
      2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Member thaxman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Emerald Coast, FL
      Posts
      2,518
      Looks like the indy shops have finally got the attention of VCNA. I do like the idea of forever work, but in all reality, with the exception of angle gears and DIMs, you probably will not have rework unless you are an original owner with several hundred thousand miles on the car. Unless spring seats, timing belts and water pumps are included.
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2005 Mazda6 Sportwagon in progress...
      2012 Ford Flex Limited

      2001 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean/2000 Honda Odyssey EX recently passed (together!)

    4. #3
      Senior Member JRL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Location
      Devon PA
      Posts
      59,602
      Why are you asking us?
      Did you click on the Volvo announcement? There is a place to email VOLVO with your questions.

      http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/maintenance
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 116K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 153,000 miles and still near perfect!

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Member thaxman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Emerald Coast, FL
      Posts
      2,518
      Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
      Why are you asking us?
      Did you click on the Volvo announcement? There is a place to email VOLVO with your questions.

      http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/maintenance
      Jim, did you see a question mark ANYWHERE in my post? I reread it and didn't see one. I didn't ask anyone anything.
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2005 Mazda6 Sportwagon in progress...
      2012 Ford Flex Limited

      2001 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean/2000 Honda Odyssey EX recently passed (together!)

    7. #5
      Member thaxman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Emerald Coast, FL
      Posts
      2,518
      BTW, Even if I did want to inquire, the details are not on the web page:

      ***Some exclusions may apply, please contact your Volvo dealer for details.
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2005 Mazda6 Sportwagon in progress...
      2012 Ford Flex Limited

      2001 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean/2000 Honda Odyssey EX recently passed (together!)

    8. #6
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Posts
      1,670
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      First of all this is great great great idea and I like it.

      Then I have questions:
      - How much to purchase a lifetime warranty?
      - Do I have to buy it before factory warranty expires?
      - Is my car eligible if it was purchased as CPO or pre-owned, and within warranty period?
      - Is it transferable? I do want to drive Volvo for many years, but I cannot afford to buy every Volvo new for my family. If I buy a pre-owned one that has lifetime warranty, do I get some share out of it? Or can I renew the lifetime warranty using money from my own pocket? and how much?
      http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/main...vice-advantage

    9. #7
      Member T501's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      5,937
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      First of all this is great great great idea and I like it.

      Then I have questions:
      - How much to purchase a lifetime warranty?
      - Do I have to buy it before factory warranty expires?
      - Is my car eligible if it was purchased as CPO or pre-owned, and within warranty period?
      - Is it transferable? I do want to drive Volvo for many years, but I cannot afford to buy every Volvo new for my family. If I buy a pre-owned one that has lifetime warranty, do I get some share out of it? Or can I renew the lifetime warranty using money from my own pocket? and how much?
      It's not a lifetime warranty on the car. Read the first line again:

      Volvo Cars of North America will now offer a lifetime parts and labor warranty for all Volvo vehicles serviced after the factory warranty at any Volvo retailer.

      It also appears that although the warranty on parts and labor is offered by Volvo, dealers are not required to honor it. So it really depends on whether or not your dealer is willing to participate in the program.
      Last edited by T501; 07-08-2015 at 06:06 PM.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 205K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 78k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design 63k+ miles Dad - '98 S70 T5 205k + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5 (Not as fun as my '01)
      Past
      '95 850 '92 960

    10. #8
      Guest
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      4,289
      Quote Originally Posted by T501 View Post
      It's not a lifetime warranty on the car. Read the first line again:

      Volvo Cars of North America will now offer a lifetime parts and labor warranty for all Volvo vehicles serviced after the factory warranty at any Volvo retailer.

      It also appears that although the warranty on parts and labor is offered by Volvo, dealers are not required to honor it. So it really depends on whether or not your dealer is willing to participate in the program.
      Yeah seems it is like any repair after the warranty period will have lifetime warranty on parts and labor in case the problem is not fixed or happen again. So first time repair of the problem still needs to be paid out of pocket. Still pretty good if the dealership honors it. Most other individual car shops only back up their work for couple of years on labor and parts.

      So it is not the lifetime warranty like what I imagined. Taking my questions back.

    11. #9
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      39,072
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      Yeah seems it is like any repair after the warranty period will have lifetime warranty on parts and labor in case the problem is not fixed or happen again. So first time repair of the problem still needs to be paid out of pocket. Still pretty good if the dealership honors it. Most other individual car shops only back up their work for couple of years on labor and parts.

      So it is not the lifetime warranty like what I imagined. Taking my questions back.
      I would like you to find me some independent shops that will give you "a couple of years" warranty on parts...even ,about but mostly parts.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

    12. #10
      This is pretty interesting and I give it a thumbs up if it is executed well. As someone who doesn't go to the dealer after the warranty is up for repairs, I may reconsider this.

      I go for regular maintenance because I regularly use dealer coupons. This may get me in there to use them for other things. My dealer does good work.

    13. #11
      Guest
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      4,289
      Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      I would like you to find me some independent shops that will give you "a couple of years" warranty on parts...even ,about but mostly parts.
      Aftermarket auto parts usually have at least one month warranty. Genuine OEM parts maybe has longer warranty. Whether it is longer or shorter than 1 year I don't have idea.

      For labor I definitely know some shop would do. My fuel pump was replaced more than 1 year ago and the shop still tightened it for free when it leaked gasoline this year.

    14. #12
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      well it looks like the little birdie that told me this rumor was right.


      What I don't see clarified from this announcement is that.....Volvo Service Advantage is now mandatory at all dealers? It had been voluntary up until this point.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    15. #13
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      Quote Originally Posted by thaxman View Post
      Looks like the indy shops have finally got the attention of VCNA. I do like the idea of forever work, but in all reality, with the exception of angle gears and DIMs, you probably will not have rework unless you are an original owner with several hundred thousand miles on the car. Unless spring seats, timing belts and water pumps are included.

      yeah it is unfortunate that they seem to be going at the jugular of the indy shops. I predict there will be so many gotchas and loopholes in this offering (such as an inline part that didn't fail the first time with the culprit fails on the second culprits failure, not covered) that in the end people will probably still save money with indys. I predict indys will still get old Volvo business as well.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    16. #14
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      Quote Originally Posted by T501 View Post

      It also appears that although the warranty on parts and labor is offered by Volvo, dealers are not required to honor it. So it really depends on whether or not your dealer is willing to participate in the program.
      this will be the program's downfall. I know my local dealer is totally not interested in Volvo Service Advantage, and I bet to be part of this program, the dealer has to adhere to all of VSA.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    17. #15
      Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      well it looks like the little birdie that told me this rumor was right.


      What I don't see clarified from this announcement is that.....Volvo Service Advantage is now mandatory at all dealers? It had been voluntary up until this point.
      This is true, you did says this and I remember you were dismissed by the pep squad.

      Good clairvoyance.

    18. #16
      Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      I would like you to find me some independent shops that will give you "a couple of years" warranty on parts...even ,about but mostly parts.
      I've has Indy shops do good will stuff. And you also pay less per hour anyway.

      I just hope this program is executed well. If it is, awesome. If not, it will be filed under that super bowl volvo giveaway that everyone forgot about even as the promo was ending.

      Execution is everything.

    19. #17
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      Quote Originally Posted by deepfried View Post
      I've has Indy shops do good will stuff. And you also pay less per hour anyway.

      I just hope this program is executed well. If it is, awesome. If not, it will be filed under that super bowl volvo giveaway that everyone forgot about even as the promo was ending.

      Execution is everything.
      I'd like to hear from indy shop owners how they plan on dealing with this. A parts warranty is really no big deal, but no indy is going to be able to eat the labor on say a valve body replacement or a collar gear redo.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    20. #18
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Music City
      Posts
      1,623
      It's great to dream but .......Premium service experience and Volvo are mutually exclusive! I dare them to execute this dream in my lifetime. Dealers are not going to care for this directive from Volvo. They have to want to provide a premium service experience without having to be told to do it. If Volvo really wants to push premium service from their franchises they will need to secret shop them to see what is really going on.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.



      The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

    21. #19
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      I have a whole VCOA chapter that "secret shops" my dealer here and believe you me VCNA has heard PLENTY......same goes for the OKC dealer.


      What I don't like about announcements like these is that when you really want to dig for the details and the loopholes and exceptions there is always the "see dealer for details" Well listen, I don't WANT to see what the dealer has to say, because they are going to say what benefits them most. I need Volvo to stake out and support a clear goal and MAKE it consistent for all dealers. If a dealer doesn't want to play ball then they should go to the top of the list for when Volvo decides to cut dealer franchises.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    22. #20
      Guest
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      4,289
      I like this whatsoever because it helps reduce the repair cost on same problem / parts. However when people shop for used cars they are looking for cars that don't need major or expensive repair in the first place, not even think about repair one problem multiple times. To make Volvo used cars attractive, original parts quality is the most important thing, then the OEM part price and difficulty for repair. I think Volvo cars are relatively easier to fix then the three giants but OEM parts are still very expensive compared with domestic cars. Once the new factory in SC is running maybe parts price could be much lower. If overall reliability is remarkably better than MB/BMW/Audi and on par with Porsche, then Volvo used cars will be more popular.

    23. #21
      Member tarrbot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Detroit, MI
      Posts
      1,805
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      IOnce the new factory in SC is running maybe parts price could be much lower. If overall reliability is remarkably better than MB/BMW/Audi and on par with Porsche, then Volvo used cars will be more popular.
      But the factory in SC is likely not going to be making parts but rather cars. Any parts made there will go directly to cars. It's not a large factory but a rather small-ish factory.

      Maybe after an initial foothold in the market and demand asks for it, Volvo can increase capacity there. But until then, it won't be pushing a lot of parts into the supply chain, IMO.

      2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey


    24. #22
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      39,072
      Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      well it looks like the little birdie that told me this rumor was right.


      What I don't see clarified from this announcement is that.....Volvo Service Advantage is now mandatory at all dealers? It had been voluntary up until this point.
      Again, I pointed out in the other thread that your little birdie either sang the wrong song or you understood a different tune. You presented the rumor that this would be a warranty on the car. It was wrong.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

    25. #23
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      39,072
      Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      yeah it is unfortunate that they seem to be going at the jugular of the indy shops. I predict there will be so many gotchas and loopholes in this offering (such as an inline part that didn't fail the first time with the culprit fails on the second culprits failure, not covered) that in the end people will probably still save money with indys. I predict indys will still get old Volvo business as well.
      Sorry to disappoint you but you are, again, wrong.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

    26. #24
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      39,072
      Quote Originally Posted by deepfried View Post
      This is true, you did says this and I remember you were dismissed by the pep squad.

      Good clairvoyance.
      Check the thread. He presented it like it would be a warranty on the car, not the way the program ended up being presented. And he was insisting, on top of that, like his little birdie was the President of Volvo so he had to have the "accurate" story!
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

    27. #25
      Guest
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      4,289
      Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      But the factory in SC is likely not going to be making parts but rather cars. Any parts made there will go directly to cars. It's not a large factory but a rather small-ish factory.

      Maybe after an initial foothold in the market and demand asks for it, Volvo can increase capacity there. But until then, it won't be pushing a lot of parts into the supply chain, IMO.
      I still hope many generic parts for the new factory will be provided by domestic vendors because it is cheaper and easier for logistics. These domestic OEM parts will be much cheaper than imported.

      Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

    28. #26
      Member tarrbot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Detroit, MI
      Posts
      1,805
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      I still hope many generic parts for the new factory will be provided by domestic vendors because it is cheaper and easier for logistics. These domestic OEM parts will be much cheaper than imported.

      Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk
      What happens a lot of times is that the part vendor will also put a part making facility in place and charge about or exactly the same cost to the consumer and thus increase profit margins...

      2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey


    29. #27
      Member Adrian-C30R's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Bellflower, California
      Posts
      2,201
      Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      I would like you to find me some independent shops that will give you "a couple of years" warranty on parts...even ,about but mostly parts.
      My indy shop Fjords of Sweden (owner and head mechanic, Art, is a fantastic guy) honors all new parts and labor for 2 years/24,000 miles.
      NEW! 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Manual
      2007 S40 T5 White
      Previous: 1989 740 Turbo, 1995 960, 1999 V70 XC AWD

    30. #28
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      s.f east bay,ca
      Posts
      2,777
      there are a lot of great indi shops good people, honest, trustworthy.

      so, volvo, prove it.

      prove that you are better than the "other guys".

    31. #29
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Again, I pointed out in the other thread that your little birdie either sang the wrong song or you understood a different tune. You presented the rumor that this would be a warranty on the car. It was wrong.
      no you need to go back and read, that was what I was initially told by my source, then they later came back and said this (didn't say anything about the labor warranty)

      between the petty ad hominems and "i told you sos", (from a mod no less ) you were too busy speaking in riddles and enigmas to actually say anything of value....or read subsequent responses....and now you slink back in here spewing this.

      If you can't comment on rumors fine just stay out of the ****ing threads.
      Last edited by inteller; 07-09-2015 at 07:58 AM.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    32. #30
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      Quote Originally Posted by hastee View Post
      there are a lot of great indi shops good people, honest, trustworthy.

      so, volvo, prove it.

      prove that you are better than the "other guys".
      I believe so too, I'd just like to hear from some of them how they plan on combatting this "feature". As someone else mentioned, some shops already offer a reasonable parts/labor warranty.


      And honestly it shouldn't be an "us vs them" scenario, but since Volvo isn't willing to extend a lifetime parts warranty to any shop that wants to buy them (unless you get from FCPEuro supposedly, and that's through them) indys are going to have to find other ways of making up for this.
      Last edited by inteller; 07-09-2015 at 07:53 AM.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    33. #31
      Member tarrbot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Detroit, MI
      Posts
      1,805
      Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      I believe so too, I'd just like to hear from some of them how they plan on combatting this "feature". As someone else mentioned, some shops already offer a reasonable parts/labor warranty.


      And honestly it shouldn't be an "us vs them" scenario, but since Volvo isn't willing to extend a lifetime parts warranty to any shop that wants to buy them (unless you get from FCPEuro supposedly, and that's through them) indys are going to have to find other ways of making up for this.
      Well, let's explore this for a moment.

      It seems that Volvo isn't combating all Indy shops... just the less reputable ones. And themselves.

      Let's' face it, there aren't enough Volvo dealerships, IMO. Sure, in your larger cities there are but elsewhere there aren't. And I realize there's a chicken and egg situation. How can you make more dealers if you don't have the sales to sustain them? Understand that issue well.

      But there's not enough dealers and it's a problem. For example, my daughter is going to school in Marquette, MI in the fall in her S80. Nearest Volvo dealer is 4-5 hours away in either Wisconsin (200 miles to Appleton) or Traverse City, MI (282 miles). Yet... driving around the city it seems like every other car is a Subaru. I asked a guy why everyone has a Subaru. His response was that they are AWD. I pointed at my XC60 T6 AWD. He seemed interested until I told him that the nearest dealer was too far. That place seems ripe for a Volvo dealer, IMO. (BTW, I didn't realize that there are more Finns in the Michigan Upper Peninsula than anywhere outside of Finland... a very interesting place.)

      But if her car breaks down, I'm not able to realistically use a Volvo dealer (despite already having VIP on it). In reality, I have to use an Indy shop. Nevermind that I could have paid for this lifetime parts/labor deal and have it wasted due to lack of dealership coverage.

      Taking this further, what happens if you're on the road and there's no dealer nearby during a breakdown? You're left to the Indy shops, as well. Does Volvo cover towing costs back to their limited dealership coverage? I'm certain they don't.

      So the point is that they really are offering a service to a very limited number of people... ones that can take advantage of never leaving a metro area, essentially.

      At least that's how I see it.

      Maybe I'm not right in that assessment due to ignorance of the program.

      2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey


    34. #32
      Member inteller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      8,306
      Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      Well, let's explore this for a moment.

      It seems that Volvo isn't combating all Indy shops... just the less reputable ones. And themselves.

      Let's' face it, there aren't enough Volvo dealerships, IMO. Sure, in your larger cities there are but elsewhere there aren't. And I realize there's a chicken and egg situation. How can you make more dealers if you don't have the sales to sustain them? Understand that issue well.

      But there's not enough dealers and it's a problem. For example, my daughter is going to school in Marquette, MI in the fall in her S80. Nearest Volvo dealer is 4-5 hours away in either Wisconsin (200 miles to Appleton) or Traverse City, MI (282 miles). Yet... driving around the city it seems like every other car is a Subaru. I asked a guy why everyone has a Subaru. His response was that they are AWD. I pointed at my XC60 T6 AWD. He seemed interested until I told him that the nearest dealer was too far. That place seems ripe for a Volvo dealer, IMO. (BTW, I didn't realize that there are more Finns in the Michigan Upper Peninsula than anywhere outside of Finland... a very interesting place.)

      But if her car breaks down, I'm not able to realistically use a Volvo dealer (despite already having VIP on it). In reality, I have to use an Indy shop. Nevermind that I could have paid for this lifetime parts/labor deal and have it wasted due to lack of dealership coverage.

      Taking this further, what happens if you're on the road and there's no dealer nearby during a breakdown? You're left to the Indy shops, as well. Does Volvo cover towing costs back to their limited dealership coverage? I'm certain they don't.

      So the point is that they really are offering a service to a very limited number of people... ones that can take advantage of never leaving a metro area, essentially.

      At least that's how I see it.

      Maybe I'm not right in that assessment due to ignorance of the program.
      Well that's a good perspective on that distance part. So I guess my curiousity is geared more towards indys in towns with dealers.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

    35. #33
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Music City
      Posts
      1,623
      "prove that you are better than the "other guys".

      My sentiments exactly but Volvo needs to be concerned about its current "dealers" who regularly give poor service, not the Indy shops out there. This is going to be interesting to watch. Volvo raises its prices (maybe legit) but doesnt offer any better experience than what any main line manufacturer does. Who is going to buy a $75,000 XC90 and enjoy taking it to a dealer who DOES NOT provide the premium service? I have to trip over Subura customers (using the same service line), drive dirty Honda Civic loaner cars (when I can even get one) and then clean grease off my seats, steering wheel, A pillar and anything else a tech touches. Then I have to wash my car again because the current non "premium" service includes a car wash, but not a dry and I have water spots all over the car. I routinely include "NO WASH" on the service write up. Again, its great to dream but implementing that dream is another thing.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.



      The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

    36. #34
      Member tarrbot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Detroit, MI
      Posts
      1,805
      Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      "prove that you are better than the "other guys".

      My sentiments exactly but Volvo needs to be concerned about its current "dealers" who regularly give poor service, not the Indy shops out there. This is going to be interesting to watch. Volvo raises its prices (maybe legit) but doesnt offer any better experience than what any main line manufacturer does. Who is going to buy a $75,000 XC90 and enjoy taking it to a dealer who DOES NOT provide the premium service? I have to trip over Subura customers (using the same service line), drive dirty Honda Civic loaner cars (when I can even get one) and then clean grease off my seats, steering wheel, A pillar and anything else a tech touches. Then I have to wash my car again because the current non "premium" service includes a car wash, but not a dry and I have water spots all over the car. I routinely include "NO WASH" on the service write up. Again, its great to dream but implementing that dream is another thing.
      I had forgotten about the sub-par dealers. In my example, I have no idea how good of a dealer is in Appleton WI or if it would behoove me to drive the extra hour from Marquette to Traverse City. Finding out the hard way is another 3-4 hour trip.

      But let's look at my closest dealer to my home in the Detroit area.

      This is a dealer that I walked into because it's also a Lincoln dealer and I was driving by and interested in the Volvos and Lincolns (I previously had a MKZ).

      Earlier in the year I was not astute on Volvo's lineup but I had read a few things here and there. I asked about an S80. The sales person told me Volvo did not make an S80. I asked if they were sure because I had thought I had read about them. They went and checked with one of the long-time sales people there since they'd only been selling for 6-8 months.

      They came back and said, "Nope, Volvo doesn't make an S80".

      I can't fathom having dealers that are 100% ignorant of a product line and not even a new product line. THIS is a problem!

      2006 S60 Willow Green
      2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver
      2019 XC60 Osmium Grey


    37. #35
      Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      "prove that you are better than the "other guys".

      My sentiments exactly but Volvo needs to be concerned about its current "dealers" who regularly give poor service, not the Indy shops out there. This is going to be interesting to watch. Volvo raises its prices (maybe legit) but doesnt offer any better experience than what any main line manufacturer does. Who is going to buy a $75,000 XC90 and enjoy taking it to a dealer who DOES NOT provide the premium service? I have to trip over Subura customers (using the same service line), drive dirty Honda Civic loaner cars (when I can even get one) and then clean grease off my seats, steering wheel, A pillar and anything else a tech touches. Then I have to wash my car again because the current non "premium" service includes a car wash, but not a dry and I have water spots all over the car. I routinely include "NO WASH" on the service write up. Again, its great to dream but implementing that dream is another thing.

      What a difference from my dealer. I've said before, they provide amazing service with a friendly smile. I think the waiting room could use some work, but overall, it is a friendly place to do business. I typically can get a Volvo loaner. If not, they called the enterprise Rent-A-Car or whatever to come over. I prefer the Volvo for obvious reasons, but it is also what made me really dislike the S 60, so at least I can use it as an extended test drive.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast