New C30 Owner With Some Questions... And an Introduction
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

New C30 Owner With Some Questions... And an Introduction

Hey there everyone! My name is Justin and I recently became the owner of a 2008 C30 Version 2.0 with the 5 speed automatic in Orinoco Blue Metallic. I am new here so bare with me as I learn some things. I tried to attach a pic.. unsure if it worked
      Anyway, the car is a two owner with just under 45K miles now. The PO traded it and his wife's XC70 for a brand new XC60 R-Design Polestar. I pretty much bought it sight unseen but I love it so much.
      I've been doing some upgrades here and there including all season rubber floor mats, a trunk tray, full LED interior, mud flaps, and I think that's it...

I have plans to get the roof rack (load bars), a Polestar tune, some Pegs or hopefully Ixion wheels, and a few little odds and ends.

I want to look into lowering my car. I just want to fill the wheel wells a little bit more. I saw looking through the Volvo catalog that they actually offer a lowering spring kit. It takes off 0.8". Does anyone here have any experience with it? Is it noticeable at all? Any improved or decreased comfort?

I also was maybe interested in doing a resonator delete. However, I actually do have warranty coverage on it still. Would doing something like that void it; or only parts of it? In general how are the dealers with stuff like that?

Is cruise control something I can add on afterwards easily? I never realized how much I actually used it on my last car (a '13 Civic) until I lost it here...

And finally (I think) fog lights. Similar to the cruise control, is it something that could be done relatively painlessly?

Thanks so much in advance and I look forward to becoming more active around these parts!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Welcome!

Volvo's lowering springs don't give it a very noticeable drop. I'd look for someone with an R-design who lowered their car and see if you can buy their R-design springs/struts. That'll give you a mild drop and still be decently comfortable.

There are other options than just P* for a tune, but those will void your warranty. Though, you can always revert to the stock tune before going to the dealer, so they'll never know. Do some research on here and C30Crew for how you ultimately want to build the car, then pull the trigger.

Cutting out the resonator shouldn't void your warranty. Even a muffler delete should keep your warranty. But dealers can be picky, so check with them first.

Cruise control can be added. The wiring is there. You'll need the steering wheel buttons and then have the dealer add the software.
      Same thing for the fog lights. Wiring is there, but you need the fog lights, the cover grilles, and the button switch. Then have the dealer add the software.

Thanks a lot for your quick response and for answering everything!

I really need to look into fogs and the cruise control now; thinking those will be next on the priority list!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I added cruise to our C30, bought the button module online and installed myself, dealer programmed for around $200 about 5 years back

-Jim

Does the airbag need to be detached to add the CC switch block?

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
      Does the airbag need to be detached to add the CC switch block?
      It doesn't have to be, you can pry out the switch block with the airbag in place. But it's one million times easier just to pop the airbag out.
      You don't need to disconnect the airbag, just pop it out.

if you are going to the dealership for software and are planning to upgrade to HID or maybe LED you might want to ask them to disable your day time running lights also because the power supplied is reduced during the day which is bad for the light ballast. I just leave my lights on all the time.
      2008 Volvo C30 R-design red manual

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements