HD Radio Issue
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: HD Radio Issue

HD Radio Issue

I've got a 2013 S60 T6 R-Design with the base audio system. The HD radio just stopped working one day. When the station flips to HD, all that I get is a loud high pitched hiss. The radio still picks up standard signals, so I've disabled the HD portion for the time being. Any ideas of what this could be? Loose connection in the antenna? Head unit issue? Thanks!
      2013 S60 T6 AWD R-Design | Rebel Blue | KPAX GT6 Exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Are you sure it's not the station? See if another HD station comes in. Other than that it sounds like the digital portion of your radio receiver has died. I hope this doesn't happen to mine. I listen to HD 95% of the time.
      2012 S60 T5 - Flamenco Red, Soft/Sandstone Beige, Climate, Premium, Multimedia, Xenons, BLIS, PCC, Park Assist, Urbane Wood, TFT Retrofit

Tried many different stations, happens on all of them.
      2013 S60 T6 AWD R-Design | Rebel Blue | KPAX GT6 Exhaust

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Your head unit is the problem.

I don't know if the OP resolved this issue but I'm starting to see a problem with the HD portion of my radio. For the last two days during my afternoon drive I've completely lost 2 HD stations that I regularly listen to and a third has a constant high pitched squeal. The strange thing is that other HD stations seem to be fine. This morning 2 of those 3 station are working. Could be heat making this issue worse in the afternoon as it's been in the 90's here lately. Does anyone know what module is responsible for the AM/FM/HD Radio? Is it the IAM module? If so does anyone know if this module can be replaced with VDASH?
      2012 S60 T5 - Flamenco Red, Soft/Sandstone Beige, Climate, Premium, Multimedia, Xenons, BLIS, PCC, Park Assist, Urbane Wood, TFT Retrofit

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements