S60CC review at slashgear
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

S60CC review at slashgear

http://www.slashgear.com/2016-volvo-...ball-29399714/

Interestingly they didn't talk about off-road capability, but just reviewed it as an oddly jacked-up sedan, exterior, interior and power train.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The car looks even better from up close (vs. on pictures). We have one in our office, albeit with the Blonde Sport leather which is the off Black leather with Blonde inserts...looks very cool. I think these BOR black matte wheels are fantastic for this car.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Ugly Duck

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      The car looks even better from up close (vs. on pictures). ....
      Yeah you have to get real close so you don't notice that it's jacked up lol

I saw the Subuaru Outback sedan from a few years back - still looked ugly. The V60CC makes sense. This is a waste of time and it opens up the opportunity for negative press.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      The car looks even better from up close (vs. on pictures). We have one in our office, albeit with the Blonde Sport leather which is the off Black leather with Blonde inserts...looks very cool. I think these BOR black matte wheels are fantastic for this car.
      Hey, if it attracts more buyers to the brand who aren't wagon or crossover lovers; also adds variety to the line...I think it's been said here, that Volvo isn't planning for many units in NA. I'm not sure the 19" Bor's and tires are the best option for even soft-roading though; would go with the 18's or even 17's with some beafy tires.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

I visited MBWorld forum, in the section for the new GLE they had a post on the S60CC. People we're actually cross shopping the S60CC with the GLE Coupé and X6

Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      I visited MBWorld forum, in the section for the new GLE they had a post on the S60CC. People we're actually cross shopping the S60CC with the GLE Coupé and X6
      The S60CC would be a much easier sell if it was a hatchback (like the X6) rather than the small trunk/boot opening. Still, the V60CC makes much more sense than the S60CC in most any comparable that I can think of. Any advantage the S60 has due to the sporty fastback styling appeal is lost by the (awkward) ride height, aesthetically, and the small trunk opening, in practicality terms. I think the V60CC w/ the D6 (5 cylinder turbo diesel hybrid) powerplant would be a great all around car and good competition against those mentioned.

Last edited by Bmo Pete; 09-03-2015 at 09:58 AM.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements