2015 Harmon Kardon system - volume compensation isn't working, is yours?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2015 Harmon Kardon system - volume compensation isn't working, is yours?

I had a 2002 Chevy Impala with volume compensation, and when it was set on medium, it was noticeable and worked outstandingly. I recall the interior noise was about the same as my XC60 when driving, and the compensation was perfectly matched at medium to keep the sound level consistent from a stop to 60 mph.

The volvo's seems to not work at all, period. absolutely no change in volume even when set to high, i have to turn the sound up when driving even at 30 mph, then turn it down again when stopping.

Is mine not working? Please let me know if and how well yours is working.
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by johnee View Post
      I had a 2002 Chevy Impala with volume compensation, and when it was set on medium, it was noticeable and worked outstandingly. I recall the interior noise was about the same as my XC60 when driving, and the compensation was perfectly matched at medium to keep the sound level consistent from a stop to 60 mph.

The volvo's seems to not work at all, period. absolutely no change in volume even when set to high, i have to turn the sound up when driving even at 30 mph, then turn it down again when stopping.

Is mine not working? Please let me know if and how well yours is working.
      I don't have the Harmon Kardon system but I also don't notice mine kicking in. I had a 2001 Sunfire with their "monsoon sound system" that had the volume compensation and you could tell. Mind you sitting in my XC60 vs the Sunfire is like sitting in a studio recording booth vs an arena full of people.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Sorry guys I don't agree with you, It is stupid and useless feature. You pay alot of money for a car with premium audio only to have the music listening experience ruind.. I Hate it & hope Volvo will roll out an update to return the option of switching off if you wish..

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements