T8 Delays
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T8 Delays

T8 Delays

I ordered a 2016 XC90 T8 in early March for European delivery (OSD) from my local dealer in Toronto (Volvo Villa) and provided a 10% deposit by wire transfer. The T8 was to be our third XC90 and to replace my wife's existing 2009 XC90 V8 R-Design. Shortly thereafter, I received an order confirmation with an early Nov. delivery. Later this spring, I was notified there were production delays on the T8 and my delivery was being pushed back by about 6 weeks to mid-Dec. When I spoke to Volvo Villa and advised them this seemed like a very long wait, even for a new model, Volvo then issued a revised order confirmation with a Nov. 23rd delivery date.

Last week, I contacted Volvo's travel agent to book our flights to Gothenburg for pick-up of the vehicle in late Nov. Before the travel agent confirmed the flights and issued tickets, Volvo Villa contacted me to say their was a problem with my order, namely that I never wired the deposit! After expressing my disappointment that it took them exactly 6 months to the day to advise me there was potentially a problem with the deposit, I worked with my bank, obtained a wire transfer receipt, and then low and behold Volvo confirmed this morning that they in fact had my deposit of $9,320 this whole time. In the same communication, they also advised there were further delays GLOBALLY with the production of the T8 and it would now be a "Spring" 2016 delivery. When I asked what they meant by spring, they issued a further revised delivery date of Feb. 26th on our order confirmation.

This lack of service and communication from Volvo and its local dealer, Volvo Villa, is a huge disappointment to this repeat Volvo purchaser and I wanted the Swedespeed community to be fully aware, before falling into a similar situation. We are no longer excited about a new XC90 or the trip to Sweden to pick it up. In fact we will be cancelling the order, pending any intervention by Volvo's NA President to call me and apologize in person for their exceptionally poor handling of this new car purchase on all fronts. I am willing to bet anyone on this forum, including Grecian, that no one from Volvo NA will ever give me the professional courtesy of a call (however should I be proven wrong, my contact information and all of the above details can be confirmed with Aaron Chuang at Volvo Villa).

As an aside, I also purchased a new Porsche Cayenne this spring for myself. The sales process with my dealer was nothing short of fantastic. I was given a delivery date, which they met, and was emailed when the vehicle was being painted at the factory, again when it landed in Canada, and once more when it was delivered to the dealership (with photos attached). Start to finish a great purchase experience and night and day from the above failings of Volvo. I guess my wife can also look forward to a new vehicle made in Germany.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well for on Volvo NA will not call you as Volvo Canada is now a separate entity from its US counterpart. The good news is that the Canadian CEO is probably a lot less busy than the US one... Sucks for these huge delays and screw ups with the deposit. Totally unacceptable for a 10% deposit on a product not even released or test driven.

Still, I would not compare the smooth sale of a product that has been offered on the market already for a long time (Cayenne) with an announced product that has yet to even land on this continent (The T8).

Wow, sorry to hear that! I can totally understand your frustration especially after you were already booking a trip to Sweden & looking forward to it

I had a feeling this might happen with the T8 after reading about all these delays into Spring 2016 now that's why I decided long ago just to wait it out & order the 2017 MY. Hopefully by then (next year around this time) things will get sorted out with T8 deliveries, certain missing options, etc. but who knows...
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Just to entertain you.

Ordered my T8 full option at Paris motorshow in Oct 2014 (with the EUR to USD high, about $106K);
      Initial delivery date was July 2015;
      Got delayed in Feb 2015 down to Sept 2015 if I dropped the electric 3rd row seats which I did;
      Go further delayed early June 2015 when we finalised all options/colours with my wife to mid-December 2015;
      Got further delayed mid-July 2015 to Jan/Feb 2016.

I am in touch with Volvo France so that they lend me a new XC90 until it arrives. Honestly, Volvo completely screwed up the launch of the T8 which was not ready at all in 2014. I am not sure production lines have already started yet. For us, we'll probably wait as this is the only European car that can accommodate 7 people in a decent comfort with a bit of power.

I ordered in the US an incription xc90. Ordered it mid July with an estimated arrival of early october. To date I have not received any information at all about the car. I have called my dealer a few time to get updates and they have confirmed everything is up to schedule bUT zero details. I was expecting much more. Updates of where the car was a long the production process etc. I guess Volvo just does not have enough experience in the luxury special order market. Huge miss for Volvo to create repeat business and brand loyalty for new customers

I was saying the same thing myself a month ago before my XC90 got here. Small comfort when you are waiting through the long, cold night of zero proactive communication, BUT, when you get the car, it's so awesome, it kind of makes you forget all of the waiting.
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription - Osmium Grey/Charcoal/Black Perf Napa - Convenience/Climate/Vision - owner since Aug. 30, 2015

I ordered my T8 in the UK in late January this year. I had a delivery date from the dealer of 22nd September. This was pushed back to November. In Europe we have Volvo online which tracks the delivery date. Not hugely accurate but at least gives an idea. This has never been less than the end of December and this week it moved to the beginning of February. I think anybody who has ordered later in this year will be lucky to see theirs until March/ April and even early orders will be New Year.

I'm curious when they will start taking 2017 MY orders??
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

Can anybody tell me if the production version of the XC90 T8 already is build and shipped ? If not when will the first come?

I also ordered my T8 Inscription through OSD. Order was confirmed in mid August 2015 with delivery date in April 2016. Hope there won't be another global delay. Fingers crossed...
      2016 XC90 T8 (OSD Spring 2016) / Inscription / Ember Black / Amber / Vision / Convenience / Climate with HUD / B & W / Black Headliner / Child Seat / Running Board / Mud Flaps

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoZZ View Post
      I also ordered my T8 Inscription through OSD. Order was confirmed in mid August 2015 with delivery date in April 2016. Hope there won't be another global delay. Fingers crossed...
      They should be calling it 2017 MY by then lol
      My Insta

That sinks. In 2011 we ordered a 2012 XC70 T6 in June with the target delivery date of August (which coincided with our lease end date); however, the delivery date was pushed back to October. Don Beyer Volvo in Dulles, VA bridged this period for us with loaner cars during the entire 2-month wait (no charge). We are now loyal customers!
      Dave in VA

2012 XC70 T6, AWD (new T6 motor installed 8/27/2015)
      2016 Cadillac ATS-V

Ordered my T8 Inscription in January, and it is/will be produced this week (38). I dont't have Amber/Espresso leather (it is Blonde) nor the 360 camera (only rear parking camera), maybe that helps to avoid delays... Should arrive at the dealer around 5th of October.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      They should be calling it 2017 MY by then lol
      Exactly... It seems T8 will be actually delivered almost a year later than the T6 FE. It indeed should be called a MY 2017, though I don't expect some desired features, like the power folding 3rd row seat, could be added by that time
      2016 XC90 T8 (OSD Spring 2016) / Inscription / Ember Black / Amber / Vision / Convenience / Climate with HUD / B & W / Black Headliner / Child Seat / Running Board / Mud Flaps

Called the dealer today and my T8 r-design is scheduled for production week 40. Ordered begin of juni

Quote Originally Posted by john421 View Post
      Ordered my T8 Inscription in January, and it is/will be produced this week (38). I dont't have Amber/Espresso leather (it is Blonde) nor the 360 camera (only rear parking camera), maybe that helps to avoid delays... Should arrive at the dealer around 5th of October.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
      Wow, that sounds great! only less than 3 weeks to go. Hope everything goes well and you get your T8 on time. Please post pics of your brand new T8 and tell us how it drives. I guess you are among the first owners of T8 in this forum.

Finally, T8 is in production means the final drivetrain tuning has been done. Now just need patience and time.

Quote Originally Posted by RvE View Post
      Can anybody tell me if the production version of the XC90 T8 already is build and shipped ? If not when will the first come?
      First U.S.-spec'd T8s will start being built in mid-October.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      First U.S.-spec'd T8s will start being built in mid-October.
      I ordered my T8 the week they opened for ordering in April. The ldoc date was 9/10 with port of 10/8. That just moved back a month to a ldoc as 10/8 and delivery in December.

Placed an XC90 T8 order last week of May 2015 - now showing as a production week 41 vehicle.

But look at the bright side. The most exclusive car is one NOBODY can buy!

Hi Guys, I have just received my VIN. How can I check about it's status?

Quote Originally Posted by Omr284 View Post
      Hi Guys, I have just received my VIN. How can I check about it's status?
      Call your Volvo retailer.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

I did that already, but I was wondering if there's a way how to get a more accurate picture. Thanks anyway though

Not sure if this is a correct assumption but it sounds that US delivery dates are earlier than Canadian dates. I ordered my XC90 Inscription T8 march 4th. Original date was mid November. In early July I was told this would now be delayed to January 16th. Changed colour at that time and was told I could change it with no delay until last change date (Nov.). In august delivery was delayed by another week. Visited dealer again this last week and said I really wanted to see the right colour in the order. THIS DID DELAY the delivery to February 12th (so insist your dealer enter all changes ASAP). My dealer recently did provide a nice temp car (XC60) arrangement so at least I can now live through the next delay. US side early march orders seem to still be getting December deliveries...
      2016 XC90 T8 | Inscription | Osmium Gray | Charcoal Int |Park and Pilot assist upgrades |(delivered feb 2016 ordered march 2015)

All markets are a sub priority until January 2016 except the Nederlands, there are 2500 T8 orders that needs to be delivered before december 31th! (http://www.telegraaf.nl/autovisie/au...-kopers__.html)

Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      All markets are a sub priority until January 2016 except the Nederlands, there are 2500 T8 orders that needs to be delivered before december 31th! (http://www.telegraaf.nl/autovisie/au...-kopers__.html)
      lucky us!

Mitsubishi did the same thing for the Outlander PHEV in the Netherlands two years ago and then decided to never deliver the car to the US and Canada because the European orders kept piling up...I hope someone will eventually get a PHEV SUV into our market. Update: After reading the Netherlands deadline I checked my own rebate and found out that the XC90 T8 will be excluded from our government rebate program as of january 1 2016 because it is 0.8KwH short of the 10KwH minimum for PHEV vehicules. Volvo's latest delay just cost me 3,500$. Upcoming Outlander PHEV does make the cut but I do not fancy its latest incarnation.
      Last edited by Richard_Canada; 09-22-2015 at 08:59 PM.
      2016 XC90 T8 | Inscription | Osmium Gray | Charcoal Int |Park and Pilot assist upgrades |(delivered feb 2016 ordered march 2015)

I would appreciate any news on the T8's first deliveries. Earliest I have at this point is Mid December builds and is late December deliveries for the Netherlands. I am looking for early issues/problems with the T8, just a number but a whole different car (and market for many as the luxury sports SUV's and EV cars use to be opposites the T8 is a game changer).

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Canada View Post
      I would appreciate any news on the T8's first deliveries. Earliest I have at this point is Mid December builds and is late December deliveries for the Netherlands. I am looking for early issues/problems with the T8, just a number but a whole different car (and market for many as the luxury sports SUV's and EV cars use to be opposites the T8 is a game changer).
      On the West Coast, the first T8s are due in early November, most at the end of November to early December.

mine is delayed, but will be "op kenteken" this year, delivery early next year.
      But i know of "guy" who reads this forum everyday that his T8 will be delivered at the end of this month (atleast that is what he says)

+1
      Thats my R-Design week 40 -

Can't wait to see pics of delivered T8 R-Designs!
      My Insta

In order to be delivered early November in the US would they not have to be already built and on a ship ? Does anyone have a VIN for a T8 ?

In order to be delivered early November in the US would they not have to be already built and on a ship ? Does anyone have a VIN for a T8 ?
      Negative. I ordered the first week they opened the system for t8 orders (April) and my ldoc has slipped 4 times since the initial order. We are now at 10/8 ldoc, and mid Dec delivery.

As far as I understand I should be getting my t8 in the first customer shipment of cars to the us.

Last month car sales figures from Volvo reported 4 t8's sold. Grecian reporter those were all vna cars or demos.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast