XC90 Trailer Hitch Pictures
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

XC90 Trailer Hitch Pictures

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the pics. I'm getting my hitch installed in the next few days. I wish Volvo could have come up with a more elegant solution than cutting the bumper and that funky, tumor like, cover. I was considering wrapping the cover with brushed aluminium vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by my_volvo_sucks View Post
      Thanks for the pics. I'm getting my hitch installed in the next few days. I wish Volvo could have come up with a more elegant solution than cutting the bumper and that funky, tumor like, cover. I was considering wrapping the cover with brushed aluminium vinyl.
      The problem is, once you accept this installation, if they figure out the elegant way, you probably will need replace a new bumper, although I think the elegant way won't come up anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Is the one in the picture the retractable semi-electrical towbar or a fixed one? I understand that there are several available to be mounted as an accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapache View Post
      Is the one in the picture the retractable semi-electrical towbar or a fixed one? I understand that there are several available to be mounted as an accessory.
      Fixed
      '14 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red & Calcite White, 19" Ixion wheels
      AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS, Volvo Hitch/Harness

Quote Originally Posted by timtong View Post
      The problem is, once you accept this installation, if they figure out the elegant way, you probably will need replace a new bumper, although I think the elegant way won't come up
      We just need people in the ATL area to keep begging the Invisihitch/Execuhitch guys to build one for our vehicle.

2016 Volvo XC90 M+
      2017 Audi Q7
      2001 VW Eurovan Weekender
      1987 BMW Spec E30
      1974 BMW 2002

Thanks for the photo. I'm personally not a big fun of that look. My current XC60's trailer hitch looks much better although its bumper also got a cut.

Really hope the "the elegant way" will come up soon. While people criticize the compromised range of the other EV when towing, the new xc90 has comprised look if you acquire the towing capability, at least in US...
      2016 XC90 T8 (OSD Spring 2016) / Inscription / Ember Black / Amber / Vision / Convenience / Climate with HUD / B & W / Black Headliner / Child Seat / Running Board / Mud Flaps

Quote Originally Posted by Mapache View Post

The semi-electric one is non-US due to regulations.
      2014 Volvo V70 T4 Summum - 2015 BMW X4 30dA (eq. 35d in US) xDrive M-Sport - 2015 BMW 116i M-Sport

I'm having a hard time understanding the "regulations". The products are virtually identical in the way they attach to the vehicle. Both replace the existing bumper rebar. In addition, the EU towbar is rated to 6,000lbs (2,700kg) vs the US's 5,000lbs. Ugh, I wonder if I can just order the EU part and call it a day. For anyone that's interested the EU part # is 31454696. The trailer module is exactly the same. I guess the big problem would be the wiring, as the EU hitch has the trailer plug integrated into the rotating assembly. Here are some pics for reference

US bar

EU bar

Last edited by my_volvo_sucks; 10-07-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Unfortunately it does make the first Gen XC90 bumper cutout on mine look neat....

Mike
      '14 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red & Calcite White, 19" Ixion wheels
      AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS, Volvo Hitch/Harness

We just need people in the ATL area to keep begging the Invisihitch/Execuhitch guys to build one for our vehicle.

Those guys offered to do it (no begging). They just don't have a vehicle to physically work on so they can spec the design for the hitch. I sent an email and they just need someone in the ATL area with an XC90 to come in. Cutting the bumper and then getting a cludgy cap that falls off is not a solution for a $60K vehicle, its a joke.

I live in Atlanta and am interested in the invisihitch solution. I can work with the invisihitch folks once my xc90 arrives in December. Hope that another Atlanta xc90 owner will volunteer prior to December.

December is not too far away. I agree that it would be great if someone volunteered sooner but it's good to know there's at least one Atlanta owner to be ready to work with them. I just can't bring myself to let Volvo cut up my bumper like that.

I recall the Mod GrecianVolvo stating a while back that on the XC90's with the Urban Style Kit there is a different rear bumper design with a opening in place for the hitch to be installed cleanly. Not sure about the Rugged Style Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
      I recall the Mod GrecianVolvo stating a while back that on the XC90's with the Urban Style Kit there is a different rear bumper design with a opening in place for the hitch to be installed cleanly. Not sure about the Rugged Style Kit.
      Here's the rear bumper from the urban style kit

You still have to cut it to fit a US market hitch

I'm having a hard time understanding the "regulations". The products are virtually identical in the way they attach to the vehicle. Both replace the existing bumper rebar. In addition, the EU towbar is rated to 6,000lbs (2,700kg) vs the US's 5,000lbs. Ugh, I wonder if I can just order the EU part and call it a day. For anyone that's interested the EU part # is 31454696. The trailer module is exactly the same. I guess the big problem would be the wiring, as the EU hitch has the trailer plug integrated into the rotating assembly. Here are some pics for reference

US bar

EU bar

US requires two eyelets for safety chains. These eyelets are not on the EU retractable hitch, thus it is not offered in the US. Most US customers prefer the square receiver as that offers flexibility in the accessories that utilize a square receiver, such as bike racks, cooler/luggage platforms, etc.
      His: 2021 XC90 T8, Crystal white with Amber, 7 pass. Hers: 2020 XC60 T5 FWD Momentum, Osmium Gray, blond leather.
      His Toy: 2017 Mazda Miata, Red with beige leather, 6MT. Her toy: 2013 C70, Caspian Blue with black sovereign hide interior.
      Daughter number one: 2016 XC60 T5 FWD
      Daughter number two: 2018 XC90 T6 AWD Momentum with Polestar, Son-in-Law: 2013 S60 T5 AWD
      Daughter number three: 2020 XC90 T6 AWD Momentum 6 passenger

Quote Originally Posted by cdauerer View Post
      US requires two eyelets for safety chains. These eyelets are not on the EU retractable hitch, thus it is not offered in the US. Most US customers prefer the square receiver as that offers flexibility in the accessories that utilize a square receiver, such as bike racks, cooler/luggage platforms, etc.
      Ah, totally missed the safety chains.

2016 Volvo XC90 M+
      2017 Audi Q7
      1987 BMW Spec E30
      1974 BMW 2002

Quote Originally Posted by GPinRVA View Post
      December is not too far away. I agree that it would be great if someone volunteered sooner but it's good to know there's at least one Atlanta owner to be ready to work with them. I just can't bring myself to let Volvo cut up my bumper like that.
      I live in Atlanta and I'm expecting to take delivery this week. How do you contact them?

Quote Originally Posted by Moeenzo View Post
      I live in Atlanta and I'm expecting to take delivery this week. How do you contact them?
      I guess you can start by sending a PM, they are a member here just search one of the hitch threads.
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2020 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Prem & Prem Plus | B&W | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Polestar | Splash Guards | OEM Rubber Mats | Bumper Cover | Front Tint 23% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 Winter | Picked up June 4/2020 |
      2016 XC90 T8 Lease Return
      My Insta

[email protected] He posted in this thread https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-North-America

Moeenzo - did you ever get in touch with Execuhitch and arrange something, assuming you have now taken delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by GPinRVA View Post
      Moeenzo - did you ever get in touch with Execuhitch and arrange something, assuming you have now taken delivery?
      No, I ended up with OEM hitch. My dealer installed it although I told them that I didn't need it.

No, I ended up with OEM hitch. My dealer installed it although I told them that I didn't need it.
      photos photos photos!!

Please?
      2004 XC90 2.5T AWD (OSD purchase - June)(for towing/camping and backroad journeys)(100,000 miles); 2008 C30 T5 (MT) OSD purchase (December)(mine); 2004 Porsche Boxster (used)(hers); 2007 Prius (handed down)

How can there be so many XC90s sold, and so few photos of XC90s with hitches????
      2004 XC90 2.5T AWD (OSD purchase - June)(for towing/camping and backroad journeys)(100,000 miles); 2008 C30 T5 (MT) OSD purchase (December)(mine); 2004 Porsche Boxster (used)(hers); 2007 Prius (handed down)

Here are some picts of the OEM hitch in use. The driver said the XC90 drove as if the trailer wasn't back there.

2016 V60CC Platinum | Beechwood Brown interior swap |
      2016 S60CC Platinum with lowered sport chassis | Polestar Performance Springs |
      20-inch Cratus wheels | Elevate GT5 Exhaust, rear sway bar, brake lines, rear spoiler
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Here are some picts of the OEM hitch in use. The driver said the XC90 drove as if the trailer wasn't back there.
      Good to know. I've been nervously thinking about towing my race car. But my trailer isn't a featherlite.

2016 Volvo XC90 M+
      2017 Audi Q7
      1987 BMW Spec E30
      1974 BMW 2002

what about the trailor hitch that's offered in the accessories video where the woman pushes a button and the hitch pops out from under the bumper?

How does the cover attach to the receiver? Does it just snap into place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeff.d.reese View Post
      How does the cover attach to the receiver? Does it just snap into place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Yes - it just slides into the receiver (THEN FALLS OUT) according to owners... Couple that with the grotesque bumper cut and it's a non-starter for me.
      Will wait for the invisi or execu hitch or other option which will certainly come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rolex80 View Post
      what about the trailor hitch that's offered in the accessories video where the woman pushes a button and the hitch pops out from under the bumper?
      The video showing to button release of the tow hitch, is the European version.
      I have it fitted to mine, it is pretty slick, pops down from under rear bumper at push of button.
      Then locks in position.
      Another push of button it drops down and can be pushed back under bumper where it locks.
      Totally invisible when not in use.

cover

Ours is due for a December delivery. I think I will look into having that black plastic cover painted to match the silver on the bumper.

Just got my hitch installed. The cover is not as bad as I thought it would be. One thing that caught my eye is the installer forgot to screw the cover into the piece that inserts into the receiver. That could explain all the lost covers.

2016 Volvo XC90 M+
      2017 Audi Q7
      1987 BMW Spec E30
      1974 BMW 2002

Nice. I'm getting mine installed this week.

any one from Europe and ordered semi - electric hitch?
      i love to see it in real

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ashk View Post
      any one from Europe and ordered semi - electric hitch?
      i love to see it in real
      https://youtu.be/puB7OJR4Mm8?t=4m21s
      2016 Volvo XC90 M+
      2017 Audi Q7
      1987 BMW Spec E30
      1974 BMW 2002

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast