1998 V70 AWD transmission torque rod no longer available?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1998 V70 AWD transmission torque rod no longer available?

Multiple parts sources indicate that the AWD cars have a different part number for this which is no longer available. Anyone know what I need to buy?

FCP lists this for my car, but then mentions that it is FWD only https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...-mount-9141042

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Of course it's still available
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 116K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 153,000 miles and still near perfect!

Well, the FCP part is specifically listed as FWD. I love FCP but I don't trust their compatibility suggestions.

This site lists two different part numbers for the AWD, both listed as NLA. http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/sh...roduct=1197513

IPD doesn't list any part for the AWD car. In fact on this page http://www.ipdusa.com/products/5824/...n-torque-mount there is a big red warning that this doesn't fit the AWD cars.

So, anyone have the correct part number for the AWD part? Or are all these sites just mistaken and they are the same part?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Amazon has the Hutchinson one for like $20.
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

Just checked. It's legitimately discontinued (here in Europe as well) but aftermarket is still available and I believe Hutchinson was the OE for this part like with most of the mounts. You can also unbolt the back of your existing mount's bracket and re-use that with a new FWD mount. Or, you can buy both the small and big bushings in poly for example and press out your old bushings thereby re-using the original bracket from your mount with the correct orientation for the bolt holes.
      98 V70 AWD - M58 Gearbox | VAST tune | 20T turbo | Green injectors | NA intake & throttle body, EST Intake, Snabb Fresh Air Pipe & Reverse Intercooler Piping | R Manifold, TME Downpipe, TME Exhaust | IPD Swaybars, Volvo Strut Brace, Öhlins Roadholding Suspension | 302mm front rotors, vented R rears, SS Brake lines | E-code C70 jewel headlamps. Engine build thread

Thanks Will. I'll either modify a new OEM one, or I do note that IPD does seem to list their HD poly version as part of a complete kit for my car.

Odd that such a wear part would be discontinued though...

you can buy a fwd one and swap the awd stamped bracket over OR get the ipd billet one
      Last edited by robspec; 12-30-2015 at 01:55 AM.
      15.5 V60 P* Rebel Blue( regrettable Sold) 07 S60R Titanium/Nordcap GT 4T5 Engine 07 S60R Silver/Gobi GT 07 S60R Titanium/Nordkap Gt 06 V70R M66 Titanium/Gobi IPD 4T4. 06V70R Electric silver/Nordkap GT(sold). 06 V70R Sonic/Nordkap M66 (sold and missed)98 S70 T5M Black/Black (Sold and missed)06 V70r GT Passion Red/Atacama(sold) 06 V70R GT Sonic/Gobi(sold and missed)98 S70 T5mRed/Black (sold and missed) 88 740 Turbo(Totaled) 89 780 Turbo(sold) 99 S70 N/A(sold) 98 V70 T5 Silver (sold)13 S60 T6 AWD R-Design White(leased and returned)

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements