Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
      * This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
      * Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I hate the new look Can we switch back to the old view ??

Using Sony Xperia Z5 Dolphin browser

Also does not show images, says "loading image" when I'm logged in. Also does not show emoticons.

Also very slow in loading pages vs before.

Plus I see too many ads now

Plus I cannot see signatures now, was able to see it before in mobile view.
      Last edited by Brutus99; 11-25-2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Add more info
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

Yeah I want to be able to go back to the old full size website on my iPhone but it won't let me. I click "exit enhanced mobile view" but it won't work.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Weird thing I just noticed... When I'm browsing on Dolphin the mobile page looks totally different than when I'm using Firefox for Android? Why is that? The Firefox mobile view hasn't changed at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Weird thing I just noticed... When I'm browsing on Dolphin the mobile page looks totally different than when I'm using Firefox for Android? Why is that? The Firefox mobile view hasn't changed at all....
      You may be forcing it not to show the desktop view?
      -Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      I hate the new look Can we switch back to the old view ??

Using Sony Xperia Z5 Dolphin browser

Also does not show images, says "loading image" when I'm logged in. Also does not show emoticons.

Also very slow in loading pages vs before.

Plus I see too many ads now

Plus I cannot see signatures now, was able to see it before in mobile view.
      Top left of the screen, there is a button with three horizontal bars. This will open a menu to pick the desktop view and remove this view for you.

-Philip

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements