MY 2016 T8 sold out in Sweden
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 29 of 29
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      14

      MY 2016 T8 sold out in Sweden

      When you are trying to configure a XC90 T8 in the Swedish Build your own configurator, you are informed there are no more MY 2016 T8 available. The note tells you to contact your dealer for MY 2017 pricing and specs. MY16 D5 and T6 are still available. Has anyone heard any details what MY17 will bring?
      Current: Toyota Prius C (2013), Volvo XC 60 T6 (2010) , Ford Focus Titanium (2015)
      Prior: Porsche 911 4S (2004), Volvo XC 90 2.5T (2003), Ford Focus Estate 2.0 (2001), Volvo V40 2.0T (1998), Toyota Corolla 1.6 (1992)
      A Swede from Stockholm now living in sunny Florida.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Guest
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      4,289
      I am more interested in what the MY 2017 price is going to be, maybe $2k more than 2016?

      I am also curious, did they order more battery from vendor when see T8 order exceed expectation by a large margin?
      Or the crystal gear knob is out of order now?

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      344
      Thats good, hopefully this is a demand based limit, rather then a conservative supply limit

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Member Brutus99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      2,327
      Wow interesting! I'm curious when you will be able to order 2017 MY and what additional features it will include?
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

    7. #5
      Member JOHN T SHEA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Ireland
      Posts
      1,416
      I wonder how many sales Volvo will lose because of this.

    8. #6
      Member reeg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Fort Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,724
      Quote Originally Posted by JOHN T SHEA View Post
      I wonder how many sales Volvo will lose because of this.
      If they had cars to sell, they'd surely sell them.
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

    9. #7
      Member JOHN T SHEA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Ireland
      Posts
      1,416
      Quote Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post
      If they had cars to sell, they'd surely sell them.
      Exactly! Volvo's mistake and Volvo's loss. Nothing to boast about.

    10. #8
      Junior Member volvokhaled's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Karlstad, Sweden
      Posts
      819
      Quote Originally Posted by JOHN T SHEA View Post
      Exactly! Volvo's mistake and Volvo's loss. Nothing to boast about.
      People are already ordering MY17 in Sweden...it's got a really nice 6,5K USD price increase . Deliveries around may 2016 according to the Swedish forum.

    11. #9
      Member JOHN T SHEA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Ireland
      Posts
      1,416
      Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      People are already ordering MY17 in Sweden...it's got a really nice 6,5K USD price increase . Deliveries around may 2016 according to the Swedish forum.
      May 2016 is six months away and not too bad. But calling that a 2017 model is absurd. And what's nice about a $6,500 price rise?

    12. #10
      Guest
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      4,289
      Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      People are already ordering MY17 in Sweden...it's got a really nice 6,5K USD price increase . Deliveries around may 2016 according to the Swedish forum.
      Oh no... what is the price before and after increase?

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      559
      Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      People are already ordering MY17 in Sweden...it's got a really nice 6,5K USD price increase . Deliveries around may 2016 according to the Swedish forum.
      Holy crap. Where is this being reported?

    14. #12
      Junior Member volvokhaled's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Karlstad, Sweden
      Posts
      819
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      Oh no... what is the price before and after increase?
      Well, in Sweden it's going from 78K USD to 84k USD (List price, usually a good equipped will set you back around 100K USD)...but keep in mind we have good negotiation margins in Sweden. Rebate/Discounts on equipment and such... + around 4,5K USD in government "super environmental car" (all cars with or lower 49g of CO2/100 km) return.
      Last edited by volvokhaled; 12-01-2015 at 12:59 PM.

    15. #13
      Guest
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      4,289
      Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      Well, in Sweden it's going from 78K USD to 84k USD (List price, usually a good equipped will set you back around 100K USD)...but keep in mind we have good negotiation margins in Sweden. Rebate/Discounts on equipment and such...
      $78k is roughly in the range for a T8 Inscription in US. If US price goes up so much many will go away from it. There is no discount at all...

    16. #14
      Member Brutus99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      2,327
      Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      People are already ordering MY17 in Sweden...
      I'm curious what changes they added to the 2017 MY?? Anyone have any info on this?
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

    17. #15
      Junior Member volvokhaled's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Karlstad, Sweden
      Posts
      819
      Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      I'm curious what changes they added to the 2017 MY?? Anyone have any info on this?
      No info available, it should be out around april in Sweden at least. Doesn't the NA get MY16.5?

    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      559
      Quote Originally Posted by volvokhaled View Post
      No info available, it should be out around april in Sweden at least. Doesn't the NA get MY16.5?
      I haven't heard anything about a 2016.5 MY. I think that was a one-off thing for the 2015.5 XC60 as far as I understand.

      Why is Volvo able to increase the price so substantially in Sweden? At $78K USD, is it that much cheaper than its German and British competitors in Sweden?

      Is there anyone who has any insight on North American price hikes for the 2017 model year? $6.5K USD is massive, but hard to imagine they'd up it that much here. Right? Right?

    19. #17
      Junior Member volvokhaled's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Karlstad, Sweden
      Posts
      819
      Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellMcGee View Post
      I haven't heard anything about a 2016.5 MY. I think that was a one-off thing for the 2015.5 XC60 as far as I understand.

      Why is Volvo able to increase the price so substantially in Sweden? At $78K USD, is it that much cheaper than its German and British competitors in Sweden?

      Is there anyone who has any insight on North American price hikes for the 2017 model year? $6.5K USD is massive, but hard to imagine they'd up it that much here. Right? Right?
      78K USD is the list price, you need to pay at least 95k USD for a well equipped one. I would guess a maximum of 3K USD increase for NA.

    20. #18
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      178
      Remember that most of the standard equipment on an Inscription in the US you have to pay extra for, á la carte, in Sweden. Is i a lot cheaper in the US, before and after the increase. But a $6,5K increase is a lot!
      2014 Volvo V70 T4 Summum - 2015 BMW X4 30dA (eq. 35d in US) xDrive M-Sport - 2015 BMW 116i M-Sport

    21. #19
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      559
      Quote Originally Posted by Linqid View Post
      Remember that most of the standard equipment on an Inscription in the US you have to pay extra for, á la carte, in Sweden. Is i a lot cheaper in the US, before and after the increase. But a $6,5K increase is a lot!
      Well, to your point, if they simply decided that everyone was buying a bunch of a la carte features on every model they sold in Sweden, and they made these features standard, and then increased the price as a result, then that's not really as big a deal vs. if they simply charging more for the same model and you still have to pay extra for all the features.

    22. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Atlanta, GA, US
      Posts
      60
      Invest in xc90 instead of a house ...lol

    23. #21
      A loaded T8 is more like $130k

    24. #22
      Junior Member cbm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      An Island in the San Francisco Bay.
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by T5_awd View Post
      A loaded T8 is more like $130k
      Where? I ordered an almost fully loaded T8 Inscription a couple weeks ago, and it came out to a little over $80K.
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

    25. #23
      Junior Member Endee77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Lincolnshire, UK
      Posts
      174
      I can see upcoming price rises everywhere esp with regards to the T8 variant

    26. #24
      Junior Member volvokhaled's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Karlstad, Sweden
      Posts
      819
      Quote Originally Posted by cbm View Post
      Where? I ordered an almost fully loaded T8 Inscription a couple weeks ago, and it came out to a little over $80K.
      Sweden, the holy land of taxes.

    27. #25
      Quote Originally Posted by cbm View Post
      Where? I ordered an almost fully loaded T8 Inscription a couple weeks ago, and it came out to a little over $80K.

      As volvokhaled wrote - in Sweden.

      The MY16 T8 starts at $90k here! I crossed all the boxes and that adds a lot! Only the 21" winter wheel setup is $4500!

    28. #26
      Junior Member cbm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      An Island in the San Francisco Bay.
      Posts
      478
      Ouch! My ordered T8 has Vision, Convenience, Ember Black metallic paint, B&W audio, HUD, Air Suspension, charcoal headliner, and mudflaps. I stayed with the 20" wheels. This comes to roughly $82k in the US, but California state taxes will add roughly 10%.

      At least you get a relatively good social safety net in Sweden for your taxes. All we seem to get is Cowboys that want to have a shootout at the world coral.
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

    29. #27
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      3,921

      MY 2016 T8 sold out in Sweden



      S90 integration looks much better dont y'all think?


      XC70 2011 D5
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    30. #28
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Pacific NorthWest
      Posts
      143
      Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post


      S90 integration looks much better dont y'all think?


      XC70 2011 D5
      PLEASE stop posting same pic in multiple threads. It is VERY annoying.

      THANKS

    31. #29
      Member CrossingCountries's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Crossing many Countries
      Posts
      3,921
      Realy? Oh okay...


      XC70 2011 D5
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

    32. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements