Certified XC90 or New XC90 with Volvo Extended Warranty - Yannis
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Certified XC90 or New XC90 with Volvo Extended Warranty - Yannis

We have a Volvo Certified 2000 S80 T6 with 61k miles and have been very happy with the Volvo Extended Warranty. They've paid for a brand new transmission, radiator and engine mounts just in the past 3 weeks. Now that we're thinking about purchasing a XC90, I was wondering how much it would be to add a Volvo Extended Warranty to a new 2005 purchase and if this warranty would be as extensive as the one Volvo offers through their Certified Program? Because I drive 32k a year we'd be interested in one of the shorter timeframe ones but with high miles....say a 6 year 100k. I'm probably better off money wise to go with a Volvo Certified XC90 with low miles but finding one can be tough.

Any idea on pricing for something like this....should I shop around for it or does Volvo set the price for all dealers?.....Yannis...can you provide any insight on these questions?....Any other thoughts.....Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Certified XC90 or New XC90 with Volvo Extended Warranty - Yannis (JethroJackson)

I bought the extended warranty on my XC90 because i plan to drive it a while and a lot...there are too many expensive gadgets to fix out of my pocket... 6yr 100k extended volvo warranty was $1400 at time of purchase...

Re: Certified XC90 or New XC90 with Volvo Extended Warranty - Yannis (CadeUCSB)

I never did, the new thread about the ball joints has me concerned.
      At 22k, can I still get it? would it be at a higher premium?
      '17 T6 MOM XC90 (Current):::'06 2.5T AWD XC90 10/05 (now 105k)::: '06 2.5T AWD XC90 9/05 (sold 3/17 with 89k)::: '03 2.5T AWD XC90 3/03 (trade-assist)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: Certified XC90 or New XC90 with Volvo Extended Warranty - Yannis (obiwan)

well u always have the option to buy the extended at the end of ur current warranty... the guy was telling me there were downsides to doing it that way... but i think he was just trying to scare me into buying it now (which i planned to do anyway)

Re: Certified XC90 or New XC90 with Volvo Extended Warranty - Yannis (JethroJackson)

Quote, originally posted by JethroJackson »
      We have a Volvo Certified 2000 S80 T6 with 61k miles and have been very happy with the Volvo Extended Warranty. They've paid for a brand new transmission, radiator and engine mounts just in the past 3 weeks. Now that we're thinking about purchasing a XC90, I was wondering how much it would be to add a Volvo Extended Warranty to a new 2005 purchase and if this warranty would be as extensive as the one Volvo offers through their Certified Program? Because I drive 32k a year we'd be interested in one of the shorter timeframe ones but with high miles....say a 6 year 100k. I'm probably better off money wise to go with a Volvo Certified XC90 with low miles but finding one can be tough.

Any idea on pricing for something like this....should I shop around for it or does Volvo set the price for all dealers?.....Yannis...can you provide any insight on these questions?....Any other thoughts.....Thanks

There are two versions; TOTAL CARE and STATED COMPONENTS. I would go for the TOTAL CARE.

For an XC90 it would cost $2,753 with $0 deductible, $2,428 with $50 deductible and $2,189 with $100 deductible.

You can shop around but the mark up on these things is not what it used to be. I doubt thatanyone would be able to discount it more than $100, if that...

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements