Unable to update Software (November Update)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Unable to update Software (November Update)

My car has been at the delear since tuesday trying to get the november update done. The dealer says that the car frezzes half way thru the process. They say that they have had a technician go to the dealer and are in contact with Sweeden yet still the issue is not solved. Has anybody else experience this??

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Same for me. Just spoke with the dealership and he said they don't have any idea of when it will be ready. Working with engineers, but no update for the update....

Quote Originally Posted by Dacasta View Post
      My car has been at the delear since tuesday trying to get the november update done. The dealer says that the car frezzes half way thru the process. They say that they have had a technician go to the dealer and are in contact with Sweeden yet still the issue is not solved. Has anybody else experience this??
      Yes, there are probably three other threads with peoples' comments regarding this. It's a cluster F.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I spoke with my dealer today. My point of view is that if they cannot upgrade this computer then just get a new computer put in. It's been a week already!

Get your car back and do like I do: wait until the update is confirmed work before making an appointment for the upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Get your car back and do like I do: wait until the update is confirmed work before making an appointment for the upgrade
      I regret this is the only completely effective strategy.

Volvo is making mistake after mistake and they have no answers. Their dream of the XC 90 leading them out of the wilderness is going to die unless they catch on soon, and the lawsuits will begin.

The problem is that the update is confirmed.

When I picked up my refund check, Kelly the service manager in Tulsa said I had the only Volvo XC 90 experiencing trouble. Glad to be Free. Unbelievable that Volvo would leave so many high and dry. They will never get most of us back. They knew there were issues with the hardware and software and forced the November update knowing it would leave some high and dry. The company is pompous and disrespectful to their customers.

As an update my car is still sitting at the dealer. After contacting the dealer and Volvo NA daily. 3 days away to send Volvo NA a lemon law notification. Here in Florida if your car is in repairs for more than 15 days in 2 years it qualifies as a lemon. What a disappointment!!!

As an update my car is still sitting at the dealer. After contacting the dealer and Volvo NA daily. 3 days away to send Volvo NA a lemon law notification. Here in Florida if your car is in repairs for more than 15 days in 2 years it qualifies as a lemon. What a disappointment!!!
      Wow.....so sorry to hear of all these problems. I hope Volvo can figure it out....this is sure no way to treat its new XC90 owners!!!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Yep. As much as I want the new features and bug fixes, I'm just going to chill until I know for certain that they have worked out all the kinks with the upgrade process. I already wasted my time once bringing my car in when the update was first announced. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice .......
      2016 Volvo XC90 Momentum+ (Crystal White Metallic / Amber)
      2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
      Yep. As much as I want the new features and bug fixes, I'm just going to chill until I know for certain that they have worked out all the kinks with the upgrade process. I already wasted my time once bringing my car in when the update was first announced. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice .......
      Has anyone gotten an official notice from Volvo stating that you should come in for the update? I've seen it here, on twitter, and also their website but have received no official notice from Volvo. Maybe that's when all the kinks will have been worked out?

My dealer struggled with the update for a day and then the weekend. But, by Monday they had sorted it out by talking to Volvo NA techs. The update has been great. Lots of bug fixes and Carplay is pretty nice. I'd keep pushing your dealer to talk to Volvo engineers and they will figure it out.

Finally!!! My car is ready for pick up!! I am definitely waiting at least a month to do any other updates when they come up.

Finally!!! My car is ready for pick up!! I am definitely waiting at least a month to do any other updates when they come up.
      Let us know how things are now going with the new updates.....hope it is a smooth transition!!!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Junior Member VolvoXC90Inscription's Avatar
      I had an appointment for this Saturday. I got a call from my dealer saying that they have done the update successfully for several cars but they do not to perform the updates on Saturdays as Volvo technical service is not available over the weekend. It makes sense and I changed the appointment date. Something to discuss with the dealers in case there is anybody considering a weekend appointment.
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription - Onyx Black - Vision & Convenience Packages - HUD - 4C Air Suspension - Center Booster Cushion - PA2 Upgrade - Intellisafe Support Upgrade
      2001 S40 1.9T - Gold - Cold Weather Package - Leather Seats - Power Driver Seat - Sunroof/Audio Package - Fog Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Okie View Post
      When I picked up my refund check, Kelly the service manager in Tulsa said I had the only Volvo XC 90 experiencing trouble. Glad to be Free. Unbelievable that Volvo would leave so many high and dry. They will never get most of us back. They knew there were issues with the hardware and software and forced the November update knowing it would leave some high and dry. The company is pompous and disrespectful to their customers.
      Okie,
      I am about to go down the same path you did with TULSA as well. My car has been in for 4 weeks and I am ready to ask for a refund for the car. How accommodating were they with you? Did you take a bath on the refund or did they get you close to what you paid?

Okie,
      I am about to go down the same path you did with TULSA as well. My car has been in for 4 weeks and I am ready to ask for a refund for the car. How accommodating were they with you? Did you take a bath on the refund or did they get you close to what you paid?
      I just checked with my excellent dealer again. They are technologically advanced and on the very top of their game. They say that they still have some cars that they have problems updating and it usually takes three days or more to resolve the problem. It is clear to them that the problem lies in the update itself and the provided installation instructions, or lack thereof.

They are unable to predict which XC90s will have problems.

They told me that my decision to wait until the middle of January was correct. I will check again then to see if the success rate is 100% before I bring in my XC90.

So I will wait as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Volvos View Post
      I just checked with my excellent dealer again. They are technologically advanced and on the very top of their game. They say that they still have some cars that they have problems updating and it usually takes three days or more to resolve the problem. It is clear to them that the problem lies in the update itself and the provided installation instructions, or lack thereof.

They are unable to predict which XC90s will have problems.

They told me that my decision to wait until the middle of January was correct. I will check again then to see if the success rate is 100% before I bring in my XC90.

So I will wait as planned.
      Thanks for rubbing it in!!

My dealer is trying to use a tin can and a string to get my car updated I guess. Still no response from my car's system since they attempted the update 2 weeks ago.

This question may have been covered already, but is there a way to know if you already have the update or not? I purchased my XC90 on November 25th, and the dealer seems to think it was already updated. Since there were issues with the rollout and this dealer doesn't seem that proactive, I doubt he's correct.

He's had the car since Nov 30th trying to fix an issue with the climate system, so I'd like to have the update done while it's already in the shop if it hasn't been done yet.
      2016 XC90 Momentum + (Onyx Black Metallic / Amber) with 20" Matte Black Alloys

Quote Originally Posted by northsounder View Post
      This question may have been covered already, but is there a way to know if you already have the update or not? I purchased my XC90 on November 25th, and the dealer seems to think it was already updated. Since there were issues with the rollout and this dealer doesn't seem that proactive, I doubt he's correct.

He's had the car since Nov 30th trying to fix an issue with the climate system, so I'd like to have the update done while it's already in the shop if it hasn't been done yet.
      It's crazy if the dealer doesn't know -- they would have access to versioning information we don't. That said, other than the optional CarPlay functionality (which requires the update so if you paid for CarPlay and have it, you know you have the update), and bug fixes (which you have no way to reference), the other "new" feature was an option in the navigation user settings to select RTTI or Real time Traffic Information. It's a check box. It was an added feature from Infix that requires the use of your car modem. If that option doesn't exist as a check-box it is the pre-November software. And don't confuse it with the fact that you get traffic info from SiriusXM -- that's a different feature that all the XC90's have.

Quote Originally Posted by citivas View Post
      It's crazy if the dealer doesn't know -- they would have access to versioning information we don't. That said, other than the optional CarPlay functionality (which requires the update so if you paid for CarPlay and have it, you know you have the update), and bug fixes (which you have no way to reference), the other "new" feature was an option in the navigation user settings to select RTTI or Real time Traffic Information. It's a check box. It was an added feature from Infix that requires the use of your car modem. If that option doesn't exist as a check-box it is the pre-November software. And don't confuse it with the fact that you get traffic info from SiriusXM -- that's a different feature that all the XC90's have.
      Ok, thanks. The dealer said they think it's up to date and that they'll double check to make sure - it just seems like an impossibility since the update came out right about the time I got the car. To make sure, I'll check for RTTI when I get it back. Trust but verify, I guess.
      2016 XC90 Momentum + (Onyx Black Metallic / Amber) with 20" Matte Black Alloys

Quote Originally Posted by citivas View Post
      the other "new" feature was an option in the navigation user settings to select RTTI or Real time Traffic Information. It's a check box. It was an added feature from Infix that requires the use of your car modem. If that option doesn't exist as a check-box it is the pre-November software.
      I'm picking up my car tonight for the update. Which setting should I choose to make sure I'm on the new nav back-end?

26. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements