What did you do with your XC90 today? - Page 61
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61
    Results 2,101 to 2,114 of 2114
      Yes sir. Here’s close up of cut off clamps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Trying to Simple Green off all the dirt fungus under the plastic cover while I’m in here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Auto just showed up at the door. Bottle looks like a good match. This ones from Dorman. $22 plus ship.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

All 3 hose nipples are metal reinforced. My original Volvo only the large bottom nipple was metal reinforced.

Not a big thing but replaced the windshield squirters. Old ones had one of the locking tabs broken off so they were always loose and crooked. Annoying. New ones: Rock Auto, Dorman, $5 each, 5 min fix. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo Joe View Post
      Not a big thing but replaced the windshield squirters. Old ones had one of the locking tabs broken off so they were always loose and crooked. Annoying. New ones: Rock Auto, Dorman, $5 each, 5 min fix. Nice.
      Those are a surprisingly satisfying update.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

I bought my first XC for the family. Almost made it a year since selling this: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...he-White-Build

Car needed nothing except the headlights sanded. I'll be hanging around here bugging you guys with questions I'm sure.

However, I cant for the life of me get rid of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by thorfinn View Post
      I bought my first XC for the family. Almost made it a year since selling this: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...he-White-Build

Car needed nothing except the headlights sanded. I'll be hanging around here bugging you guys with questions I'm sure.

It’s usually-car off key in position 1 press and hold trip odometer reset button until it chimes. While holding in turn to position 2 and release the button. Now turn back to position 1 and remove key. Now put key in and start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are plenty of YouTube tutorials on it, as well as posts in these forums, but, if you're going to be a proper DIYer, look into getting Volvo VIDA and a DICE. Everything you need to know is in this forum group:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumd...ine-Management
      In a nutshell: It's the genuine Volvo workshop computer program that analyzes all the computerized workings on the car, has the workshop manuals in it, the parts diagrams, and the wiring diagrams. Includes handy stuff like resetting the battery monitor when you install a new battery, which can't be done correctly any other way, YouTube instructions notwithstanding. Oh, it can be used to reset the service reminder, too
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Start here:
      OFFICIAL: XC90 Part Number & "How to" Thread

Volvo XC90 - Reset “Time for Regular Maintenance” Message (2003-2007):
      1. Insert Key and Turn to Position I
      2. Press and Hold Odometer Button then Turn the Key to Position II
      3. Hold Odometer Button until Hazard Triangle in Center of Dash Flashes and then Release the Button Quickly
      4. The Message Should Now be Reset

Note: I use the trip meter (T1) to track my mileage per tank. If you also do this, you should first insert and turn the key to POS I, click the odometer button once to move to T2, then turn the key off and remove it from the cylinder before following the above sequence. The process above resets which ever trip meter the car is in when you turn it on, so this protects the mileage in T1.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

Oh, it will reset the trip odometer, too...
      John C
      ---------------------
      2011 XC90 3.2 176,000 miles and counting...

I spent about 30min trying to get this to work. Tried every method I could find online. Couldn't get the orange triangle to flash. Had my wife try it. She got it on her first round. Wonder if it's really timing specific. This is probably my 10th volvo in 20yrs and the first time my wife fixed one I couldn't lol.

I spent about 30min trying to get this to work. Tried every method I could find online. Couldn't get the orange triangle to flash. Had my wife try it. She got it on her first round. Wonder if it's really timing specific. This is probably my 10th volvo in 20yrs and the first time my wife fixed one I couldn't lol.
      Sshhhhhh......she’ll hear you. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it's her car now.
      2011 XC90 B8444S R-Design 614 120k km RHD

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61