SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Pity Amber interior does not look like so nice like on the pictures

54K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  northcar 
#1 · (Edited)
When I first saw Amber interior pictures, I thought - wow ! This looks really decent, impressive, stylish

etc.

But in reality, it looks quite different, much more lighter, yellowish, ordinary, not that magnificent at all ... Pity, Volvo designers did not make it more elegant ... (as on the pictures)

In reality it looks like this ...

See less See more
#3 ·
In the end I ordered it because I don't want black or white seats and there was no other option :) But if the brown is darker, I would like it much more ...

Reactions: northcar
#5 ·
I agree it doesn't look like it did in those early 'done up' photos but I've gotten nothing but compliments on my car and its interior, including the color.

#8 · (Edited)
Yep. The amber definitely has an yellow/orange tint to it. I think it looks great. The first two photos make it look beige, but that's not how it appears in real life at all. One thing I found insightful about the last photo is how the walnut looks against the amber leather. I had been strongly considering swapping out my dark flame birch inlays for walnut, but now I'm second guessing that decision. I generally think the walnut looks much better than the darker wood, but the amber interior may be the one exception. The dark flame birch may actually offset the amber better. I'm going to have to look at the combination in real life to make a final decision.

#11 ·
I actually like the flame birch in the lighter blonde interior and the linear walnut with the Amber but of course, no one is wrong, as to each their own.

#16 ·
But in reality, it looks quite different, much more lighter, yellowish, ordinary, not that magnificent at all ... Pity, Volvo designers did not make it more elegant ... (as on the pictures)
"Pity" that Amber interior has had the highest order/take rate of any XC90 interior and it is almost sold out on a weekly ordering basis!!! ;)

#17 ·
I think the amber interior looks great and would have been very happy with it. I was a walk in purchaser but if I had ordered my XC90, it most likely would hav had the amber interior, like the Inscription I sat in when I was checking them out. I do hope the OP come to like what he or she chose to order.

#18 ·
As the T8 is for the wife, we originally ordered Black. She was not too wild about the black, and the light color was beautiful but we could see the blond picking up all sorts of stains. She did not like the different color and contrast between the Amber and the light headliner. But, after seeing an Amber interior with the black headliner, we immediately changed our order to that.

#23 · (Edited)
As the T8 is for the wife, we originally ordered Black. She was not too wild about the black, and the light color was beautiful but we could see the blond picking up all sorts of stains. She did not like the different color and contrast between the Amber and the light headliner. But, after seeing an Amber interior with the black headliner, we immediately changed our order to that.
I think Amber is the best looking interior option.
Agreed......

#19 ·
Agree with OP it's not as striking as the marketing picture and is probably closer to the picture he/she provided, yet it is still the best interior colour for xc90 imop. Definitely get the black headliner. I am retrofitting mine.

#20 ·
I am "he" :) Yes, it would look much better if it is like on the marketing pictures, but among the other options, it is far the best looking ...

#26 ·
The seats without that perforation (for ventilation) - like on this picture - look better, but ventilation is more practical

#24 ·
I wish you could get a darker brown color, as is available on some other Volvo models, on an XC90 (e.g. Beechwood/Chestnut).

#25 ·
You will love the Ember Black Metallic........

#29 ·
Glad they offered this color. One of my favorites on many cars that allow bespoked interiors.
I for one was getting sick of "GM" gray or black in almost every car built.

OP, great looking car!

Mike

#32 ·
I am a huge fan of many non-black interiors, but so many manufacturers get the leather shades wrong. In Volvo's case, I think they nailed it with both the amber and blonde interiors - really nice job.

#33 ·
+1

#34 ·
I feel like the Amber is a more civilized attempt at their old Atacama. They knew that color was love it or hate it. So they decided to offers something unique, but not as over the top.

I wish you could get the XC90 with an Atacama interior. That said, Amber is close enough and if I were buying one (not sure if I'll do that down the road or look at the new V90), I would surely do Amber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·
I feel like the Amber is a more civilized attempt at their old Atacama. They knew that color was love it or hate it. So they decided to offers something unique, but not as over the top.

I wish you could get the XC90 with an Atacama interior. That said, Amber is close enough and if I were buying one (not sure if I'll do that down the road or look at the new V90), I would surely do Amber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1:thumbup:

#39 ·
This is a pretty old thread and it is interesting that amber has continued to remain available. The best description for it I have heard is it described as "baseball glove" leather.

We opted for it to go with our birch light exterior even without having ever seen that combination. The risk was worth it as the two make a great combination.

#41 ·
Not sure whether it has been darkened or not since photos can be deceiving, but one thing that has made it more attractive is changes to the other interior features to include darkened wood trim accents and a dark roof liner. In the past there were several different colors clashing with each other while now it is just the amber and black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.