Oh My Gosh! I drove one!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Oh My Gosh! I drove one!

It truly is everything you all have said it is! Wow.

It was a 2004 V70 R GT with about 3,000 miles on it.

Driving down the highway it was interesting to toggle back and forth between comfort and advanced. The highway was a little rough and worn and on comfort the ride was very smooth and stable. Switching to advanced made the ride almost harsh and choppy.

Those really are great seats. I know on another thread I started about my Viggen somebody recently posted they thought the Viggen's seats were the best. I think these are. By far.

The brakes and steering were all very nice.

I had a bit of a problem with the acceleration though. Now hear me out before you start flaming. Actually, there's nothing wrong with the speed or the acceleration. It's the perception of the acceleration that seems a bit misleading. There's no adrenaline rush to go along with the acceleration. Just a corner that is approaching at an extremely rapid pace.

Mind you, these are not criticisms. Initially the only word I could come up with to describe the driving experience was "sedate." Yeah, I know . But, upon reflection I realized that "composed" was a much more accurate (never mind flattering) description.

I'm truly looking forward to flinging one of these round the 'Ring next summer during my own hoped for OSD experience.

However, I'm now only 90% certain I'll get a V. I'm going to have to give an S a chance sometime soon.

HunterBoss

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Oh My Gosh! I drove one! (HunterBoss)

Get a manual, it will be twice as amazing...

Re: Oh My Gosh! I drove one! (KMK454)

I intend to

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Oh my Gosh, now BUY ONE!
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 114K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 150,000 miles and still near perfect!

Re: Oh My Gosh! I drove one! (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
      Oh my Gosh, now BUY ONE!

There it is already

Re: Oh My Gosh! I drove one! (futrC70drvr)

Quote, originally posted by futrC70drvr »

There it is already

WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE HERE
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 114K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 150,000 miles and still near perfect!

Re: Oh My Gosh! I drove one! (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE HERE

Once again + CAPITAL LETTERS

Quote, originally posted by HunterBoss »

I had a bit of a problem with the acceleration though. Now hear me out before you start flaming. Actually, there's nothing wrong with the speed or the acceleration. It's the perception of the acceleration that seems a bit misleading. There's no adrenaline rush to go along with the acceleration. Just a corner that is approaching at an extremely rapid pace.

Mind you, these are not criticisms. Initially the only word I could come up with to describe the driving experience was "sedate." Yeah, I know . But, upon reflection I realized that "composed" was a much more accurate (never mind flattering) description.

HunterBoss

First, I would hope no one would flame you for sharing an honest opinion.

Second, having the GT, I know what you mean. If you can recall, when you noticed this, were you in Comfort or Sport mode suspension, without the "S" button (also for "sport") next to the gearshifter being on? I also find that the acceleration doesn't produce much of a rush unless the transmission "S" switch is on (...or you are in Advance mode which automatically turns it on).

Best of luck making your decision.

Ken

Re: Oh My Gosh! I drove one! (kenschel)

Yes, the "S" button seems to change the acceleration profile quite a bit.
      Rick
      2004 S60R GT - Flash Green, 18" Pegs, Climate, Premium, Touring, Navigation

Re: Oh My Gosh! I drove one! (rqc)

Quote, originally posted by rqc »
      Yes, the "S" button seems to change the acceleration profile quite a bit.

I have noticed this as well. If you leave the GT in drive, the car will shift around 4000 RPM pretty regularly. With the sport mode on, you can get the revs over 5000 pretty easily (very easily of you are using the geartronic/tiptronic shifting mode). This lets the engine and turbo really wind up and gives you the thrill.

You know, I had the same problem with my perception of the accelleration of the car.

Then I realize I left it in 6th gear, and decided to downshift to 3rd gear... and wow! THAT was FUN!

Re: (CyberDoberman)

Oh, I had it on Advanced almost the entire time. Except when we crossed a couple of railroad tracks. I quickly flicked it to Comfort and then back to Advanced when I had crossed them. I can attest to the fact that it shifts modes very quickly.

Re: (HunterBoss)

Quote, originally posted by HunterBoss »
      Oh, I had it on Advanced almost the entire time. Except when we crossed a couple of railroad tracks. I quickly flicked it to Comfort and then back to Advanced when I had crossed them. I can attest to the fact that it shifts modes very quickly.

hahaha..even in mine in Advanced you are sitting MORE comfortable because of lesser body-movement...believe me....1 hard shock movement is often more natural feeling and comfortable than 5 slower ones .......sad TOO few people saw this and complained so today's R's are nothing to compare with last years
      ow yes...I HATE BMW suspension too friggin soft...too much front-rear movement

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements