Excellent Philadelphia Area Independent Mechanic - Swede Works, Spring City, PA
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Excellent Philadelphia Area Independent Mechanic - Swede Works, Spring City, PA

Dear Swede Speed Community,

I wanted to recommend an independent shop that specializes in Volvos - Swede Works of Spring City, Pennsylvania. Their shop is approximately 15 minutes from Route 422. Both mechanics worked at Keystone Motors in Berwyn.

I have owned three Volvos - 2004 S40, 2005 V70, and a 2009 C70. To describe my adherence to the recommended service schedule as diligent would be an understatement. I traded the S40 in to obtain the C70 due to a recurring issue with the S40 involving the battery and starter that the dealer could not fix. The cost of repairs by the dealer for the C70 made me reconsider that purchase inside of 12 months. Therefore, at this point, we only retain the V70, which has 118,000 miles.

I brought the V70 to the dealer a few months ago, who recommended approximately $3,000.00 in repairs, some of which were needed to pass inspection. The three items that struck me as particularly expensive were a fuel sensor replacement, engine mount pad replacement, and disabling of the alarm system which had been malfunctioning for six months. I was "this close" to throwing in the towel on the V70 when I stumbled upon the Swede Works website. I contacted the owners by email with my list of repairs. They replied by both phone and email with a detailed estimate that was CONSIDERABLY less expensive than the dealer. I made an appointment which included a no-charge loaner.

I am delighted to report that the work was performed on schedule (one day) at the exact estimated price. Oh, and by the way, all of the engine pads were in perfect shape and did not need to be replaced. Our V70 is running like a top.

If you live anywhere near Philly, please give these guys a shot. Their names are Steve and Eric.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you! I just bought a 2010 xc70 about a half hour outside Philly with some unexpected issues and have been looking for an independent mechanic. Will send them an email.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements