DW300 Fuel Pump
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: DW300 Fuel Pump

DW300 Fuel Pump

For anyone interested in retrofitting a DW300 pump, I used kit part number 9-301-1000 and it worked perfectly. The pickup sock is very close to stock so it fits in tank baffle. I removed the stock pigtail completely and soldered the provided pigtail in its place to avoid butt connectors. The fuel line in the kit is a little short, so I bought a length of 5/16Ē FI hose.

Ran a new 10AWG power wire directly from the relay, so it should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice. Why did you go with dw300 over 200?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
      Nice. Why did you go with dw300 over 200?

Considered both pumps. I have lots of experience with the stock P2R 255 pump that flows more than the DW200, so I was concerned it would be insufficient. A healthy, stock P2R makes ~260 wheel (admittedly all wheel) and its stock pump runs out at about 300 / 320 wheel, so I felt the DW200 would be insufficient, especially as the pump ages. Also. Iím planning to run base fuel pressure of 50PSI with a 1:1 boost reference to get the most out the green injectors, and the DW200 flow curve drops off pretty rapidly above 3 bar.

In the end thereís no downside to running the DW300 and we canít monitor fuel pressure as we do in the P2R cars, so the extra headroom was worth it to me. I was a little concerned about current draw with the stock wiring, so a ran new 10AWG from the relay to the pump.

Does that make sense?

06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Austin V70R View Post
      Considered both pumps. I have lots of experience with the stock P2R 255 pump that flows more than the DW200, so I was concerned it would be insufficient. A healthy, stock P2R makes ~260 wheel (admittedly all wheel) and its stock pump runs out at about 300 / 320 wheel, so I felt the DW200 would be insufficient, especially as the pump ages. Also. Iím planning to run base fuel pressure of 50PSI with a 1:1 boost reference to get the most out the green injectors, and the DW200 flow curve drops off pretty rapidly above 3 bar.

In the end thereís no downside to running the DW300 and we canít monitor fuel pressure as we do in the P2R cars, so the extra headroom was worth it to me. I was a little concerned about current draw with the stock wiring, so a ran new 10AWG from the relay to the pump.

Does that make sense?

Yeah. Thanks. Been reading about different fuel pump upgrades and most suggest dw200 with 18/19t.

This 19T has a couple tricks up its sleeve, so weíll see what we can get out of it. 300 and 50 psi on green injectors might be an overkill if the turbo doesnít flow like I hope.

This 19T has a couple tricks up its sleeve, so weíll see what we can get out of it. 300 and 50 psi on green injectors might be an overkill if the turbo doesnít flow like I hope.

I did see the modifications you've done to the 19t to make it flow better. Will enjoy seeing what it is capable of.

I did see the modifications you've done to the 19t to make it flow better. Will enjoy seeing what it is capable of.

The 9 blade extended turbine wheel should be interesting. Donít expect much from the ported turbine housing except for better boost control. Hoping it will hold full boost to redline.

Is that just the universal fit pump?

Is that just the universal fit pump?

The 200 and 300 are the same fitment. The only difference is current draw and therefore the need to run a dedicated 10AWG wire from the relay. The new source wire isnít a big deal and Iím happy to provide detail

Joining you at this party. My 19T has no tricks up its sleeve, but my head sure does
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 279k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 141k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Joining you at this party. My 19T has no tricks up its sleeve, but my head sure does
      Ben was showing off the handy work..... very ice! Ben and I share head porting philosophy.

Boost is a function of restriction, so I suspect your 19T will have a few tricks eventually to fill the volume!

Ben was showing off the handy work..... very ice! Ben and I share head porting philosophy.

Boost is a function of restriction, so I suspect your 19T will have a few tricks eventually to fill the volume!

Perhaps, now that I know how to get a VSR balanced CHRA with different wheels. But I'm also not sure I'm going to think my R needs to go any faster. Mission creep has already made it far faster than originally intended. A K24 is also not off the table, but only because it would give me plug and play access to the P2 K24 airbox which may prove an easier solution to my airbox woes than anything else. We'll see.

However we will have to wait to find out until I get it through safety inspection. My personal risk management philosophy allows me to break no more than one law at any given point in time, so I can't find out if it's fast until I get my inspection up to date LOL.
      Last edited by JaredR; 07-28-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Perhaps, now that I know how to get a VSR balanced CHRA with different wheels. But I'm also not sure I'm going to think my R needs to go any faster. Mission creep has already made it far faster than originally intended. A K24 is also not off the table, but only because it would give me plug and play access to the P2 K24 airbox which may prove an easier solution to my airbox woes than anything else. We'll see.

However we will have to wait to find out until I get it through safety inspection. My personal risk management philosophy allows me to break no more than one law at any given point in time, so I can't find out if it's fast until I get my inspection up to date LOL.
      It will rip Jared.... donít worry about that. Resist the slippery slope in pursuit of performance. Tune to a hardware baseline youíre happy with and enjoy.

Do you guys have a link to the specific pump needed for the dw200? I was looking and didn't know which option pump I needed for fitment.

Do you guys have a link to the specific pump needed for the dw200? I was looking and didn't know which option pump I needed for fitment.

Let me see if I can find it for you.

Looks like itís

https://www.deatschwerks.com/9-201-1000

Just replace the 3 for the DW300 with a 2.

Looks like itís

https://www.deatschwerks.com/9-201-1000

Just replace the 3 for the DW300 with a 2.

Perfect. Thanks!

The 200 and 300 are the same fitment. The only difference is current draw and therefore the need to run a dedicated 10AWG wire from the relay. The new source wire isnít a big deal and Iím happy to provide detail

I just installed the DW300c on mt 04 S60 2.5t and now the fuel guage doesnt work, is this a current issue? Will I need to run a dedicated 10AWG wire from the relay and do you mind going into detail on how to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by joeymathew01 View Post
      I just installed the DW300c on mt 04 S60 2.5t and now the fuel guage doesnt work, is this a current issue? Will I need to run a dedicated 10AWG wire from the relay and do you mind going into detail on how to do that?
      Did you plug both fuel level sensors back in, or maybe the level sensor was damaged when you reassembled they pump housing? They are fairly fragile.

Youíre issue doesnít have anything to do with the source wire

Did you plug both fuel level sensors back in, or maybe the level sensor was damaged when you reassembled they pump housing? They are fairly fragile.

Youíre issue doesnít have anything to do with the source wire

Well as I'm now seeing, it works on and off for a few seconds, the low level light doesnt turn on either. So to clarify this has nothing to do with the current the pump draws correct?

Quote Originally Posted by joeymathew01 View Post
      Well as I'm now seeing, it works on and off for a few seconds, the low level light doesnt turn on either. So to clarify this has nothing to do with the current the pump draws correct?
      Correct. Itís the level sensors. Iíve modified many pumps for people and always recommend starting with a new Bosch assembly for this reason. The pumps are old with fragile wiring and transfer hoses.

For anyone interested in retrofitting a DW300 pump, I used kit part number 9-301-1000 and it worked perfectly. The pickup sock is very close to stock so it fits in tank baffle. I removed the stock pigtail completely and soldered the provided pigtail in its place to avoid butt connectors. The fuel line in the kit is a little short, so I bought a length of 5/16Ē FI hose.
      How snugly did your pump fit in the housing? Mine rattles around a bit in the spring and that rubber gasket/bushing thing at the bottom. Did you do anything about that?

How snugly did your pump fit in the housing? Mine rattles around a bit in the spring and that rubber gasket/bushing thing at the bottom. Did you do anything about that?
      I had to enlarge the housing to accommodate the pump, so it was extremely snug.

Are you fitting a 300 or a 200?

I had to enlarge the housing to accommodate the pump, so it was extremely snug.

Are you fitting a 300 or a 200?

Bizarre. I'm using the exact same kit you did. Or at least supposedly. The sticker is the same.

picture for comparison...

picture for comparison...

Whatís the PN on the old pump? Something is strange.

Is the body 39mm in diameter?

Is the body 39mm in diameter?

Well based on your first post that something was off, I pulled the original pump out of my R. Turns out it is a totally different lower insert than the new one I got yesterday! Pump is 43mm And both seem to be different from yours. Luckily the top part is the only part I need but that is slightly annoying since the wiring connector on the one original to my R is identical to the DW300's. Will update with more pics later when I have get this one disassembled...

What's the chassis number on your R?

What's the chassis number on your R?
      My chassis number is 332290

Pump is 43mm
      May want to check that your DW300 matches dimensions on the data sheet.

What is the part number stamped into your stock Bosch pump?

My chassis number is 332290

Interesting. I'm 308765. My dad's 97 V70 T5 is 329502 which you are obviously after. I wonder if you have a x70 fuel pump. Mine is definitely set up differently. Has a center outlet pickup sock so I had to use that instead of the DW300 intake sock. The baffles in my tank must be different from yours because the DW300 sock didn't fit. Strangely the pickup sock in the pump I picked up at the JY seems to be the same as yours. I had to shave down the ribs in the pump holder just as you did. I bet the pump is the same and it's just everything else that's different. But I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story. I was able to reuse the original hose and clamps from the pump outlet to the pass through without modification.

35. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements