Shaving the Engine Bay - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Annnnddd we're under way. I'm redoing all the wiring with shrink tubing. Its gonna look so clean

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mullen1120 View Post
      What? I'm taking the time and money to do things to this car no one has ever done before. I'm the ultimate enthusiast. You're the one that should be buying a 2.4 lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
      Hang in there Mullen, Your build is very nice and I look forward to the finished build now that winter is over. It's getting harder to go outside the box on these cars.
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

Quote Originally Posted by CKAVolvo View Post
      Hang in there Mullen, Your build is very nice and I look forward to the finished build now that winter is over. It's getting harder to go outside the box on these cars.
      Don't worry. They don't deter me lol

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Annnnddd we're under way. I'm redoing all the wiring with shrink tubing. Its gonna look so clean

may i ask why you have a inline filter on the tcv? looks like the line its on goes to the wastegate. i could be wrong though. i know people put filters on lines to the the boost gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 S60R Nordkap & Black Sapphire Metallic. Auto. Holset HY35, 2.3 Block shimmed, Forged pistons, H-Beam Rods. 3" DP, Meth Inj.

It comes off the compressor. To keep any oil vapors from fouling up the tcv

just saw it disconnected. Doi. and that's interesting. notice a difference? ever have to clean it or change it?

2007 S60R Nordkap & Black Sapphire Metallic. Auto. Holset HY35, 2.3 Block shimmed, Forged pistons, H-Beam Rods. 3" DP, Meth Inj.

Quote Originally Posted by BaxtR View Post
      just saw it disconnected. Doi. and that's interesting. notice a difference? ever have to clean it or change it?

The tcv is new and I've had it on since day 1. But the filter housing is clear and I can already see build up in it. Good investment imho

This is what I'm talking about. So many sensors. Open your hood once in a while instead. Hence why they call them idiot lights.
      Now doesn't that look so much better?

Last edited by boostednbagged; 03-01-2016 at 07:52 PM.

good lookin man. this is probably gonna convince me to clean up my bay soon lol. mine is so cluttered its not even funny.

Everyone knows the best way to start a car is with a JATO to give the initial velocity required to start the car. And its not in the engine bay so it counts!
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

the crank would go on the side there fu*k boy
      Well, sure, but I think a simple bevel gear would be mechanically simpler than running a long shaft across the front and through the fender. There's probably a pretty 'easy' path by removing the passenger side headlight washer motor, then a bevel to the starter. Or, a flexible shaft would eliminate the bevel.

I have a hand crank starter for our 59 MG-A.
      06 Sonic/Nordkap MT SR with 18" Anthracite Pegs |63K Miles

00 Laser/Charcoal 2 Tone AT VR 16" Anthracite Satellites/ 17" Pegs |201K Miles

99 S70 N/A

All that for 1 little ecu. Def relocating that. Prob get a little reservoir for the steering and coolant off jegs. By the time I'm done that whole side will be empty

Last edited by boostednbagged; 03-02-2016 at 07:39 PM.

I'm not going to criticize, but I will say that if you can get this to run well without throwing ten million codes, I'll be extremely impressed. Might as well go for a standalone ECU if you're really intent on cutting the clutter, cost no object.
      2004 Moose Longroof Go-Fast Row-It-Yourself

Cost is no object. Imho I have the baddest R in the world right now. And with a shaved bay ain't no one gonna touch me haha.

Wow so much cleaner.

omg....

please keep updating this with pics. where did you put the ecu? what about the extra headlight plugs?

Haven't decided on the ecu placement yet. Prob in something seal tight and in the fender.
      Gonna pull up that whole side harness for sure tho and route along the chassis and bring up the wires I need by the efan.

Most of that harness was for the alarm system and washer fluid reservoir. GONE!

Last edited by boostednbagged; 03-02-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Probably you have already done it, but while you are doing all of the work on the wire tuck make sure to take the time to clean up all the grounds in the engine bay.

There are a bunch between the 3 that are in each fender, block, frame rail, 5 on the valve cover for each coil pack ect. A couple of wire brushes and some purple Permatex goo for battery terminals goes a long way towards cleaning then up and on a car this complex it's a no brainier to keep all the grounds in good shape to stop stupid electrical gremlins before they start.

2004 V70R m/t Parting Out see classifieds https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...per-spare-tire
      2006 V70R Sonic Blue A/T new!
      1994 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo

Quote Originally Posted by spinall4 View Post
      Probably you have already done it, but while you are doing all of the work on the wire tuck make sure to take the time to clean up all the grounds in the engine bay.

There are a bunch between the 3 that are in each fender, block, frame rail, 5 on the valve cover for each coil pack ect. A couple of wire brushes and some purple Permatex goo for battery terminals goes a long way towards cleaning then up and on a car this complex it's a no brainier to keep all the grounds in good shape to stop stupid electrical gremlins before they start.

Oh for sure. I'm double checking all wiring. Everything will be wrapped in high heat tubing

Looks great, don't see why people see a problem with this. Any plans for the fuse box?
      2004 S60R M66 - Black Sapphire / Atacama | UR braces | IPD V70R track spec sways & oval tube exhaust | Races60r downpipe | SNAAB FMIC & intake | 245/40/18 Super Sports | 10/15mm H&R spacers

Quote Originally Posted by flybikes View Post
      Looks great, don't see why people see a problem with this. Any plans for the fuse box?
      Thanks. Not yet.

This would almost be amusing it not for the fact that I've seen enough of these kinds of adventures to know its likely to end sadly.

As someone suggested earlier, getting your engine cleaned up and running right should be your main and first priority. Tearing apart and frankensteining your engine compartment just appears to be a diversion from doing what you should really be doing if you want a fast and nice R.

So many people here appear to be obsessed with form over function, but to each our own since our cars are an expression of our desires.

Things and wiring I've removed so far:

Brake vacuum pump
      Brake vacuum pump sensor and wiring
      PCV system
      4C wiring
      Brake reservoir sensor
      Coolant reservoir sensor
      Relocate Power steering resevoir
      Entire AC system
      AC system sensors
      Remove ECU box
      Relocate ECU
      Alarm system
      Headlamp wiper wiring
      Auto headlamp leveling system
      Windshield washer resevior
      Windshield washer pump
      Windshield washer sensor and wiring
      Evap system
      Evap system wiring and sensors
      Horn wiring (relocate and run single horn)

Any sensors I will tie the wires together at the firewall to keep the dashighs from coming on.

Last edited by boostednbagged; 03-02-2016 at 11:08 PM.

You should get rid of the headlights while you are at it and just put some air scoops in their place. Cars got by for a long time before the electric light came along, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyS60R View Post
      You should get rid of the headlights while you are at it and just put some air scoops in their place. Cars got by for a long time before the electric light came along, lol.
      I'll get right on that

Things and wiring I've removed so far:

Brake vacuum pump
      Brake vacuum pump sensor and wiring
      PCV system
      4C wiring
      Brake reservoir sensor
      Coolant reservoir sensor
      Relocate Power steering resevoir
      Entire AC system
      AC system sensors
      Remove ECU box
      Relocate ECU
      Alarm system
      Headlamp wiper wiring
      Auto headlamp leveling system
      Windshield washer resevior
      Windshield washer pump
      Windshield washer sensor and wiring
      Evap system
      Evap system wiring and sensors
      Horn wiring (relocate and run single horn)

Any sensors I will tie the wires together at the firewall to keep the dashighs from coming on.

At the very least weigh this stuff so you can claim some benefit was derived from deletion.

My bet is you will suffer fatigue before this is completed. That said - power to you if that is not the case. Each to their own and all.
      2004 S60R M66 | Bosch SMS68M38AU

Quote Originally Posted by singleuseonly View Post
      At the very least weigh this stuff so you can claim some benefit was derived from deletion.

My bet is you will suffer fatigue before this is completed. That said - power to you if that is not the case. Each to their own and all.
      Fatigue? Haha you must not know all the work I've already put into this car. This ain't sh*t.

And the benefit is it's going to look gorgeous. I don't understand why I Have to keep explaining this.

Last edited by boostednbagged; 03-03-2016 at 07:03 AM.

Fatigue? Haha you must not know all the work I've already put into this car. This ain't sh*t.

I have no idea what you have done. You remind me of myself a long time ago. But seriously. Why not weigh the stuff?

Respect from me as long as you are learning something new - it doesn't matter what you are doing to it.

Its not like these cars are so rare that you are destroying something irreplaceable......

There are cars you really shouldnt touch however. Smiles.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shaving the Engine Bay

im almost positive this is the fastest R on the forum. also one of the cleanest. he knows what he's doing and i can tell by his pictures and work that he isnt gonna stop just bc of you guys telling him its irreplaceable or you "need" it to drive. you dont "need" anything. it just gives you an advantage of making life easier if you do. i follow you on instagram and ur pics and vids give me ragers. keep this up!

also. ya old farts sound like a broken record! love u guys but he obviously isnt gonna stop

maybe this will help you guys out lol because who doesnt love a clean engine bay on a classic muscle car

ok i need some help. if you notice how the stock coolant reservoir mounts to the strut there, it is clipped on in two places. i want to get two small fluid reservoirs that will mount in a similar way so that i can use one clip for coolant one clip for the power steering.

im looking on jegs and summit, but there are sooo many. if anyone knows of something that would work please post the link. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BaxtR View Post
      .... just bc of you guys telling him its irreplaceable or you "need" it to drive.

slow up there. i said it WASN'T irreplaceable. cut at it.

...and just to note, as others have already, you do require the ps pump. AMHIK.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast