Shaving the Engine Bay - Page 20
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Chilled Man View Post
      Im still amazed by all the work and dedication. Pretty freaking bad ass.
      This ^^^

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled Man View Post
      Im still amazed by all the work and dedication. Pretty freaking bad ass.
      Lol thanks.

I think the last mod I wanna do for the car is E-codes. Anyone know someone or how to get a set from overseas? Not spending over $1,000 incl shipping tho. Must be LHD.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So your plan is to use Comfort mode for Valet?
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ElementR View Post
      So your plan is to use Comfort mode for Valet?
      Nope. It's just gonna be boost, and more boost lol.

I like that plan lol. Let me know if the tcv works we tried that last year on my car and it didn’t work I got frustrated and put a 40 psi wg spring in instead lol
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

My E codes cost more then that got them from UK Volvo dealer. You can swing it man come on lol.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
      I like that plan lol. Let me know if the tcv works we tried that last year on my car and it didn’t work I got frustrated and put a 40 psi wg spring in instead lol
      Interesting. Did you ever figure out why? I had issues last time with the tcv not working. It was hooked up so the top WG port was open but I can't remember if I had the NO, NC, Com ports in the right configuration. I read you can change that in the tune file though. Did you try that?

My E codes cost more then that got them from UK Volvo dealer. You can swing it man come on lol.
      Lol I'm hoping to get lucky and find a used set

Quote Originally Posted by boostednbagged View Post
      I'm surprised you have all this time invested, but decided upon e-codes instead of a projector retrofit.
      Retrofit would provide much improved light output, be better looking, and cheaper.
      1998 Saffron/Charcoal C70 GT, 1998 Saffron/Charcoal V70R AWD, & 1998 Black/Charcoal V70R AWD

Before I gave up I know when we requested more boost we got less so it worked backwards of the way it should and tuning would of been too much of a pain to try to do in reverse.

I have two sets. Only caveat is they’re black bezel.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 197k - K24/Greens/Do88 IC/SMF & P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/Delrin/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

Before I gave up I know when we requested more boost we got less so it worked backwards of the way it should and tuning would of been too much of a pain to try to do in reverse.
      That's weird. I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work then I'll get an ebc I can knob control from inside. Being able to adjust boost while driving is just too nice of a feature lol

Quote Originally Posted by 850 GLT View Post
      I'm surprised you have all this time invested, but decided upon e-codes instead of a projector retrofit.
      Retrofit would provide much improved light output, be better looking, and cheaper.
      Or go even more big dog and retrofit e-codes.

Tbh I think the projector in the headlight looks like sh*t. The headlight housing was not designed for it and it is obvious it doesn't belong in there. It just doesn't flow well. People don't give enough credit to the amount of thought and time put into how something OEM looks.
      If I really wanted projectors I would get a set of the ABL headlights. Or maybe the ABL projector in the R's. Notice the ABL projector shroud is square, bc our headlamps are square. Cutting and sticking a circular projector in the R's square reflector just doesn't look right... at least to me.

Last edited by boostednbagged; 12-14-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Tbh I think the projector in the headlight looks like sh*t. The headlight housing was not designed for it and it is obvious it doesn't belong in there. It just doesn't flow well. People don't give enough credit to the amount of thought and time put into how something OEM looks.
      If I really wanted projectors I would get a set of the ABL headlights. Or maybe the ABL projector in the R's. Notice the ABL projector shroud is square, bc our headlamps are square. Cutting and sticking a circular projector in the R's square reflector just doesn't look right... at least to me.

Fair enough man.

Quote Originally Posted by martynunya View Post
      Fair enough man.

Lol wasn't being mean about it. Just what I think. Others love it, and that's all that matters.

Lol wasn't being mean about it. Just what I think. Others love it, and that's all that matters.

For sure man. Some people like flash green, others sonic blue...

I know it's not for my car but I've always loved these plates. Such a simple, good looking Euro plate.

And then God made passion red.
      Quote Originally Posted by martynunya View Post
      For sure man. Some people like flash green, others sonic blue...
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

I recently snagged one too. I want one for the 07 year so am on the lookout.
      I know it's not for my car but I've always loved these plates. Such a simple, good looking Euro plate.

2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

06R - Custom Electric Blue Silver - Suntek PPF / IGL Kenzo Coated / Llumar Airblue 80 / Huper Optic 40
      07R - Magic Blue IGL - Sold

Cool but not the same as real. Kinda like a speedster knock off.
      I have an S plate in white with seven Zs on it. The guy at Carlisle was like “really?” He had to press it seven times and started in the middle. He was pretty impressed with himself. LOL

I like no front plate best. At least the euro fits the nose of these cars better than ugly US plates.
      S80 T6 2001 IPD Tune w/torque delete, Ferrita Dual 2.5" DP/CB 3" exhaust, Volvo Tranny cooler, Bilstein HD's, H&R Springs, IPD Anti-swaybars, IPD End-links, IPD Skid Plate, AEM Water/Methanol kit, IPD Lower Tranny Mount, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces, and Front and Rear undercarriage braces, Heico Front Spoilers, 17x8 R Pegs, R Calipers and Rotors, Front Girodisc, 5 & 10 mm H&R spacers, etc...

Update on going manual brakes. Been trying different bleeding methods while reading deeper into master cylinders and brake systems.

I can only perform 1 man bleed methods so I started with gravity bleeding. Would've worked a lot better if the system wasn't empty. And made me unsure about air pockets.

Pressure bleeding is the best they say. Vacuum second. But I didn't feel like spending ~$100 on something that might not work. It also makes a mess. So I decided on some speed bleeders. I figure I'm going to be doing this a lot until the pedal feels firm. So far they work very well. Very efficient.

Now I'm getting lots of air out. And the pedal is feeling real good. Almost too soft. I bench bled the master cylinder but after more reading I could have done it better. So jacked up the rear to level the master and did it again. Pedal got even better.

System has enough pressure that leaks started to show in my flares. So cleaned/re flared some of those. More bleeding and pedal is even better. Still a little too much travel but doesn't bottom out.

So I have the opposite problem lol. My pedal isn't hard enough. I know I still have air but how much more and will that be enough to give me a firm pedal? The other possibility is the bore size is too small. I redid my calculations and everything I'm reading still says 7/8 is correct. But I think I may have to try 15/16.

I haven't messed with the pedal ratio yet either so if 15/16 was too firm the stock pedal could be drilled for a 5:1, maybe 6:1, ratio if needed.

Either way, the brakes feel fine. Not having a booster isn't going to be an issue at all.

**** dude I hope you figure it out.
      Last edited by Red_Devil; 12-18-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Do you know that companies such as Morimoto offer a square projector?

I get your viewpoint, but IMO the factory R headlight surround's circular opening around the main headlight bowl fits a circular projector very well.
      We'll agree to disagree. Keep the awesome work coming.
      1998 Saffron/Charcoal C70 GT, 1998 Saffron/Charcoal V70R AWD, & 1998 Black/Charcoal V70R AWD

Do you know that companies such as Morimoto offer a square projector?

I get your viewpoint, but IMO the factory R headlight surround's circular opening around the main headlight bowl fits a circular projector very well.
      We'll agree to disagree. Keep the awesome work coming.
      Lmao. I meant the plastic trim around it. Like the ABL headlights

**** dude I hope you figure it out.
      It was the master. Bleed again and the pedal is firm. A little too firm. Now to change the pedal ratio.

It was the master. Bleed again and the pedal is firm. A little too firm. Now to change the pedal ratio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF49N_XwQy4
      2006 S60R 2.4 T5 mostly stock fine tuned by https://urbastuning.wordpress.com
      ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,
      Originally Posted by John C "We are in the presence of greatness! "

Why not go with an LED or Laser retro? I'm probably going to go laser, esp since I can keep the stock reflector look, same with LED though. Just take a look at most modern mercs and bmw, alot don't have a projector.
      06R - Custom Electric Blue Silver - Suntek PPF / IGL Kenzo Coated / Llumar Airblue 80 / Huper Optic 40

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      Haha, never!

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
      Why not go with an LED or Laser retro? I'm probably going to go laser, esp since I can keep the stock reflector look, same with LED though. Just take a look at most modern mercs and bmw, alot don't have a projector.
      Laser?

Laser?

Yea. Literal laser headlights. 12-15w. So the deer are cooked between when you see them and pass them!
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 197k - K24/Greens/Do88 IC/SMF & P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/Delrin/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

Have you measured the stock pedal ratio? Doesn't Wilwood recommend around a 6:1 ratio?

I have speedbleeders, they are great when you are working alone. You just can't let the master run dry....
      | 04 V70R Titanium Grey/Nordkap M66 | Hilton Stage 2 | Mototec DP & Touring Exhaust | ERST Springs | Summer Mode: 18" Fast FC04A | Winter Mode: 18" Pegs |

Laser?

Bmw and Audi have been making them, I've seen tons of sets on ebay. I plan on going Laser when the right set pops up.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast