Shaving the Engine Bay - Page 21
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21
      Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
      Have you measured the stock pedal ratio? Doesn't Wilwood recommend around a 6:1 ratio?

I have speedbleeders, they are great when you are working alone. You just can't let the master run dry....
      Yup. Stock is 3:1. I wanted to see how it felt first and it's actually not bad. So going 6:1 should make it great.
      The stock pedal has plenty of room to drill and move, but I need to figure out what to do about the push rod angle. Prob should've thought about that to start with lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Something like this should work?

Finally got a new laptop and Vida installed. Thanks @roxanaschram your Win10 VM set up works great.

Man does it put a smile on my face to see that little BCM box lit up green

Checked comms with the Haldex too, and its reading the wheel speed sensors.
      I'd say it worked!!! Haha

Last edited by boostednbagged; 12-20-2019 at 06:59 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by boostednbagged View Post
      Finally got a new laptop and Vida installed. Thanks @roxanaschram your Win10 VM set up works great.

This is excellent! Nice job

I've been lurking on this thread since close to the beginning. To echo the sentiment of others - AMAZING job! I'm incredibly impressed to see all that green in VIDA. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
      2006 S60R MT Sonic Blue with Atacama - Garage Queen
      2008 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red with Off Black - Hers
      2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI MT, 2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L MT 60th Anniversary Edition
      Previously: 2010 S80 V8, 2006 V70R MT, 2004 S60R MT, 1993 245 NA, 2006 XC90 V8, 2002 Dakota V8 MT

Well done, man!

"The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

You sir are a true pioneer. Absolutely loving this thread!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I appreciate the love, thanks guys.

Nice and Roxana is awesome...totally resolved my VIDA issues about a year ago.
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

Took her for a little test drive. The brakes def need bleed more. But I can stop the car no prob. Can't lock up the wheels yet, which is something you should to be able to do if manual brakes are properly set up, but I don't think that'll be an issue once I go to a 6:1 pedal ratio.
      Venting the BOV to atm is LOUD haha I love it.
      No videos yet. I was too focused on driving.

Last edited by boostednbagged; 12-21-2019 at 03:29 AM.

nice job !

2006 S60R 2.4 T5 mostly stock fine tuned by https://urbastuning.wordpress.com
      ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,
      Originally Posted by John C "We are in the presence of greatness! "

been playing with Vida, learning it and more about how the car's modules work. Figured out that, from the time i pulled the motor last, my steering wheel was 360 degrees off haha. i kept trying to trace the fault thinking it was something with the BCM bc that is what throws the comms code. then i figured out you can do the live feed data, started turning the wheel and full chock left was only 54 degrees lol.

im still figuring out how to really use vida to trace faults and test functions but i did notice the BCM will not fully initialize The first test it does is check for the abs solenoids (which is stupidly ripped out) and when it doesnt see them does not check for the pump or anything else. i am not sure if this is effecting the awd or not yet. i know the DEM is receiving its signals from the BCM, and i thought that it only needed wheels speed to function but i am not sure how to use vida to test the awd.
      I also read some other threads about if anti-skid is on it will disable awd. and i read some people that said it did not. so it must be parameter dependent. and anti-skid can be set off by dozens lol.

either way, im getting another bcm. can that be programmed with a vida copy? if not i will probably swap the little chip that stores all that info. i thought about tricking the solenoid signal but there are so many of them lol. this is easier. still wont have the abs pump motor. so ill have to trick that when it comes to it. should be easier though its just a DC motor.
      Last edited by boostednbagged; 12-22-2019 at 07:58 PM.

i have everything ordered to make a cantilever bell crank mechanism for the brake pedal. spent the entire day piecing that together and doing the calculations myself, but will be wayy cheaper than what MD is selling for. i am also going to make the lever adjustable so i can change the pedal ratio if needed. i went with bigger and stronger materials for mine as well because this is NOT recommended to do with brakes. the other kits sold are for clutches only. but my options are limited. cant move the master up the firewall anymore, would have to angle it more than possible and dont have enough pushrod angle to play with. some people online used a beefed up offset pushrod but that is worse imho. at least the bell crank doesnt side load the pushrod. as long as i bolt the fulcrum clevis down to the firewall real well (planning on going through and bracing with a plate) it will be so strong the master will rip off the firewall before the bell crank fails.

what else... oh yeah, i am going to re-do the front brake lines. haha. i have the same 2 flares still leaking and if i cut anymore off to flare again the line will be too short to run how i want. i also came up with a much better way to run the lines this time. its impossible to bend the lines like volvo had, esp with stainless. a cnc machine does that. what i have works but to go down, across and under the frame rail, around all kinds of other stuff to go back up the wheel well just isnt worth it.
      after some reading i am going to do my flares differently this time too. even though the line is annealed i will be heating it up with a torch first. i also got seamless line. -an flares do not do well with a seam being a single flare.
      for running the new lines...going right through the strut tower with a bulkhead. clean and simple. got new braided lines for the other side that will go from there to the caliper. eliminating all that line (which i hit when i air out) and fittings that could leak.

then i get to bleed everything all over again yay!! haha na its gonna be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      it's a stage, i was there once and it sounds like you're over it as well...heat them up with heat-gun they'll come off nice and easy and use prep all to remove the sticky stuff...gold heat film will have a purpose and go with your klean theme.

ipd = sways, inter-cooler, inlet/TB/OTE silicone piping, cat back exhaust, rear camber bushings, sub-frame inserts,

| 04 V70R Titanium Grey/Nordkap M66 | Hilton Stage 2 | Mototec DP & Touring Exhaust | ERST Springs | Summer Mode: 18" Fast FC04A | Winter Mode: 18" Pegs |

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
      Won't work with my air ride struts. Gonna paint it all black and get some Titanium blue nuts instead.

Won't work with my air ride struts. Gonna paint it all black and get some Titanium blue nuts instead.
      it will you just have to cut a hole in that plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      it will you just have to cut a hole in that plastic!
      Or just get rid of the air struts?

Painted the hood supports black. Going to plug all the bolt holes and paint the inner fenders as well. Give it more of a shaved bay look. Not ready to do the cutting and welding extreme yet lol.

Think I'm going to transplant the ABL lamp's innards into the R's housing...

Think I'm going to transplant the ABL lamp's innards into the R's housing...

I think Scottish Brick did something like that. Not 100% though.

Decided to paint while the master is out. Brake fluid got on the firewall and ruined the gold shield so that will get replaced as well.

Looking fresh!

For the brake lines, have you looked into Nickel Copper tubing? It has a bronze look that goes with your theme and is a crap ton easier to flare.

Last edited by jb242gt; 01-09-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb242gt View Post
      For the brake lines, have you looked into Nickel Copper tubing? It has a bronze look that goes with your theme and is a crap ton easier to flare.
      yes, but the look of stainless just cant be matched. and it stays looking like that. Nicopp will discolor with age. Nicopp is also a lot easier to puncture or rub a hole in. the bends with nicopp tend to look less pronounced as well. stainless has that 'a machine made it' look. if i have to use all -an flares to make it work, i would still rather have that over nicopp.

I'm actually glad I had lines leaking because it has brought me to this design.

Covered up on the strut tower is an existing 3/4" hole. I was not going to go through the hell that was bending ss lines again and so decided to use this for a bulkhead. However, a 3/16 fitting is too small for the hole and I search for days for a bushing that would work. Decided to make my own.

8an port plug fitting drilled first for the bulkhead. Then a stepped bit to fit the brake hose fitting inside. I tried cutting the plug threads down the first time, but there weren't enough left to thread the nut. Goodridge Kevlar brake lines only 2" longer than stock to work.

I love it. It's cleaner, simpler, and no hard line to run down and up around the axle.

1998 Saffron/Charcoal C70 GT, 1998 Saffron/Charcoal V70R AWD, & 1998 Black/Charcoal V70R AWD

LOL
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

32. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21