Commiseration / Sanity Aid for those with XC90s on order
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 661
    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,798

      Commiseration / Sanity Aid for those with XC90s on order

      After several weeks of deliberations, my wife and I placed our order today. We're now eagerly awaiting our 2017 Bursting Blue XC90 T8 R-Design. We've been told to expect the vehicle in September... Now the 212-day countdown begins.

      I know we have a couple of other folks on this forum with T8s on order, and I'm sure there are a bunch with T6s coming in, as well. I mentioned in another discussion that we should have a thread dedicated to keeping ourselves sane while we wait... What are your expected arrival time frames? Feel free to use this thread to pass the time until our vehicles arrive--and be sure to share the joy when your cars come in!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      CEE
      Posts
      45
      You guys in the US surely wait longer. But at least they offer you a free trip to Europe I have offered my T8 exactly 1 month ago (last day of Jan) and expecting delivery end of June. 4 months to go...

    4. #3
      Junior Member bizzy045's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Fort Worth, TX
      Posts
      566
      Ordered T6 Inscription Feb 5th with an April 19 ETA for delivery. Definitely going by slowly. I read this forum pretty much all day long.
      2016 XC90 T6|Inscription|Osmium Grey on Blonde|B&W|Convenience|Vision|Climate|21" 8 Spoke|HUD|CarPlay

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,798
      Quote Originally Posted by rafal007 View Post
      You guys in the US surely wait longer. But at least they offer you a free trip to Europe I have offered my T8 exactly 1 month ago (last day of Jan) and expecting delivery end of June. 4 months to go...
      Yep, although for 2017 it sounds like the OSD option is basically straight MSRP. (Can't blame them given the demand) That made our choice easier--if we 'had' to go to Sweden for a few days to save a few thousand bucks, it would have been even harder to turn down.

    7. #5
      Junior Member cbm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      An Island in the San Francisco Bay.
      Posts
      478
      I ordered a T8 in the Middle of November, and it's almost here! We ordered the T8 a few weeks before all the XC90 awards started rolling in; wait time increased up after that.

      I've been semi-obsessively tracking the boat it's on, the Glorious Leader, in it's journey from Europe. It just dropped some cars off in Baltimore, and is now headed towards the Panama Canal.

      We would have liked to do the OSD thing, but they were booked too long into the future for us.
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

    8. #6
      Quote Originally Posted by cbm View Post
      I've been semi-obsessively tracking the boat it's on, the Glorious Leader, in it's journey from Europe. It just dropped some cars off in Baltimore, and is now headed towards the Panama Canal.
      How do you track your vehicle? I ordered my MY2016 T6 Inscription on January 14, and they're saying end of March, but I have no way of confirming or monitoring the status unless I e-mail the dealership, who are not very helpful.

    9. #7
      Member Brutus99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      2,327
      I guess I will also join this thread :-)
      We ordered our T8 R-Design beginning of Feb. and were told end of summer sometime. Hopefully doesn't get delayed until end of the year lol
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      345
      We Orderd ours in late July they said Feb. still not here checked the vin and I know it's sitting at the port since the beginning of Feb. I'm guessing it's held up until the government decides on rebates and fuel economy.? But a month!!!

      Dealer just says "were waiting for the truck" which is dealer speak for " even though it's late I'm not even going to attempt to track it down for you, so you won't hear from me until it's here."

      In the end just have to sit and wait.. although the thought crossed my mind to switch to a 2017

    11. #9
      Junior Member cbm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      An Island in the San Francisco Bay.
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by derickma View Post
      We Orderd ours in late July they said Feb. still not here checked the vin and I know it's sitting at the port since the beginning of Feb. I'm guessing it's held up until the government decides on rebates and fuel economy.? But a month!!!
      I've no idea where you're located, but in California there was a delay in getting the T8 certified, but that was sorted out in mid-January. I would nag the dealer more.
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      345
      Quote Originally Posted by cbm View Post
      I've no idea where you're located, but in California there was a delay in getting the T8 certified, but that was sorted out in mid-January. I would nag the dealer more.
      I'm out in Canada, the province of Ontario decided to change the rebate rules for PHEV vehicles, so now were getting screwed with half the rebate and because it's changed it's probably delayed the the release of the car. (that's my guess) but a month at port.?? Only government red tape could hold something up that long LOL

    13. #11
      Junior Member mikeypdx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Posts
      42
      Ordered my T8 in early Feb. The wait is painful, but I'm sure it will be worth it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


      2016 XC90 T8 Momentum Onyx Black - Climate,Convenience,Vision,Air Suspension,Car Play,Contour Seats & Integrated Booster.

    14. #12
      Junior Member VENDELLA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      218
      We ordered at the end of November. Time flies, but the wait gets worse the closer it gets. My car is in the Pacific Ocean moving at a glacial pace.

    15. #13
      Member Brutus99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      2,327
      Quote Originally Posted by derickma View Post
      I'm out in Canada, the province of Ontario decided to change the rebate rules for PHEV vehicles, so now were getting screwed with half the rebate and because it's changed it's probably delayed the the release of the car. (that's my guess) but a month at port.?? Only government red tape could hold something up that long LOL
      Not necessarily... I'm still surprised that Volvo rebate is still not listed on the site. When I spoke to them 2 weeks ago I was told we will get at least the rebate that would have been available before the change so approx $6,300 if you ordered before Feb. 10/16. Apparently the Ministry and Volvo are "working together" to come up with a solution to not lose the full rebate, that was their answer. Even if they have to change the MSRP so it sits below $75k or something similar. So hopefully we will have an update soon, I'm checking their website everyday lol
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

    16. #14
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      California
      Posts
      31
      Ordered an XC90 T6 Inscription in August for OSD Feb. 9th. We just got back from our 2 week vacation in Europe and now I have to wait another 6 weeks. It's due in port March 17th. Not sure if it was good getting to see it and then having to leave it. But we have waited this long, what's another 4 weeks.

    17. #15
      Junior Member cbm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      An Island in the San Francisco Bay.
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by VENDELLA View Post
      We ordered at the end of November. Time flies, but the wait gets worse the closer it gets. My car is in the Pacific Ocean moving at a glacial pace.
      What ship are you on? Mine is on the Glorious Leader, which should be nearing the Panama Canal, as we speak.
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Posts
      42
      Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
      After several weeks of deliberations, my wife and I placed our order today. We're now eagerly awaiting our 2017 Bursting Blue XC90 T8 R-Design. We've been told to expect the vehicle in September... Now the 212-day countdown begins.

      I know we have a couple of other folks on this forum with T8s on order, and I'm sure there are a bunch with T6s coming in, as well. I mentioned in another discussion that we should have a thread dedicated to keeping ourselves sane while we wait... What are your expected arrival time frames? Feel free to use this thread to pass the time until our vehicles arrive--and be sure to share the joy when your cars come in!
      Sept?! I ordered a 2017 T6 R-Design in gray on Saturday. The dealer gave me the option to configure a 2016 that was in the build queue so that I could take delivery in late May. However, i chose 2017 to get a 2nd year, slightly more debugged model because he'd speculated maybe late June/early July deliver. If this thing takes until Sept, I'm going to lose my mind. I'm anxious to see an estimated delivery date from Volvo's order system. The dealer thought this would be available in a week or so, however, I've little confidence now that that is even feasible.

    19. #17
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      New York Tri state
      Posts
      249
      I ordered T8 Feb 6 was told June 30-July 15,,,I am in NE USA ...
      Last edited by moliver2k9; 03-01-2016 at 08:55 PM.

    20. #18
      Junior Member VENDELLA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      218
      Quote Originally Posted by cbm View Post
      What ship are you on? Mine is on the Glorious Leader, which should be nearing the Panama Canal, as we speak.
      I'm on the Tugela. It passed through the canal a few days ago!
      Current: 2016 Volvo XC90 R Design, Bursting Blue, Convenience, Vision, Booster, Carbon Fiber Inlays, 4C, HUD 2014 BMW i3 REX
      Past: 1997 VW GTI, 2007 Toyota Prius, 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design, 2010 Volvo XC60 R Design, 2012 VW Golf R

    21. #19
      Junior Member cbm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      An Island in the San Francisco Bay.
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by VENDELLA View Post
      I'm on the Tugela. It passed through the canal a few days ago!
      Terrific! I've not been able to decide whether the ability to track the ship helps with the wait or not.
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

    22. #20
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,798
      Quote Originally Posted by Thor90 View Post
      Sept?! I ordered a 2017 T6 R-Design in gray on Saturday. The dealer gave me the option to configure a 2016 that was in the build queue so that I could take delivery in late May. However, i chose 2017 to get a 2nd year, slightly more debugged model because he'd speculated maybe late June/early July deliver. If this thing takes until Sept, I'm going to lose my mind. I'm anxious to see an estimated delivery date from Volvo's order system. The dealer thought this would be available in a week or so, however, I've little confidence now that that is even feasible.
      I think part of the reason mine is estimated so late is because it's a T8. I would think you'd get a T6 sooner.

    23. #21
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      559
      I ordered mine back in early December with a scheduled delivery of mid March. Found out my vehicle has reached port in Halifax. Dealer expects it in a couple weeks! Can't wait.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jjaaccee View Post
      Ordered an XC90 T6 Inscription in August for OSD Feb. 9th. We just got back from our 2 week vacation in Europe and now I have to wait another 6 weeks. It's due in port March 17th. Not sure if it was good getting to see it and then having to leave it. But we have waited this long, what's another 4 weeks.
      You can't just drop a teaser like that and leave us hanging! This is a commiseration thread. At least help us out with some pics, stories of your trip, etc.

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Posts
      16
      Here in Montreal Canada the dealership say that they are all sold out on T8 and that the earliest for a made to order car is their next deliveries which is December to January.

      Can anyone confirm this for other cities please?

    25. #23
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Posts
      5
      I ordered my T8 Inscription in the middle of October and should arrive end of April.
      Location: Belgium

    26. #24
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      11
      Placed my order for a 2017 T8 a month ago; it's supposed to arrive in June. It's my first Volvo and I'm very excited!

    27. #25
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      105
      We ordered ours in early January, they originally anticipated a June delivery for the T6 however they advised they think end of April now. (Georgia, USA).

    28. #26
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,798
      Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellMcGee View Post
      You can't just drop a teaser like that and leave us hanging! This is a commiseration thread. At least help us out with some pics, stories of your trip, etc.
      Seriously!

    29. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      New York Tri state
      Posts
      249
      Ordered Feb 9 was told June 15-July 15 delivery window...no FYON yet...Dealer notified me just this AM to follow-up...will be a 2017 ...

      my boss ordered the exacet same vehicle T8 Inscr..in early Dec and his arrived at Dealer yestereday his is 2016 ..

      anyway, I agree Im on this site alot and its both validating.... and frightening..some of the threads on this brand new vehicle...

    30. #28
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      California
      Posts
      31
      No mine is on the Morning Crystal. I have no idea where it is at.

    31. #29
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,798
      Quote Originally Posted by Jjaaccee View Post
      No mine is on the Morning Crystal. I have no idea where it is at.
      Ooh, an opening for me to practice ship tracking! Looks like as of 2/25 it was south of Britain.

    32. #30
      Member Brutus99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      2,327
      Quote Originally Posted by cebrenia View Post
      Placed my order for a 2017 T8 a month ago; it's supposed to arrive in June. It's my first Volvo and I'm very excited!
      Where are you located??
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

    33. #31
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      New York Tri state
      Posts
      249
      How do you find out this info ?


      Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
      Ooh, an opening for me to practice ship tracking! Looks like as of 2/25 it was south of Britain.

    34. #32
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,798
      There's a thread in the main FWD / AWD forum stickied with a ton of info. I'm on my phone now or I'd link it for you.

    35. #33
      Junior Member cbm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      An Island in the San Francisco Bay.
      Posts
      478
      It's a slightly convoluted process but once you have your VIN, you can find out what ship it's on. This thread has a lot of info about how to do it:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...k+shipping+VIN
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

    36. #34
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Where are you located??
      I'm in southern Sweden.

    37. #35
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      62
      Hi all,

      First time poster long time lurker. I ordered a T8 Jan 27 expected build week of 3/15 and port date of May. I'm in California, a little surprised with the range of delivery dates I doubled checked with my dealer yesterday.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast