FYI: Get your precise shipping itinerary BEFORE it's updated on the Wallenius Wilhemsen cargo tracker! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      My torture began this week:

Last edited by Daniwheel; 04-11-2016 at 01:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Made it to the port and officially discharged..now just waiting to get on carrier and be delivered to retailer..should hopefully be within 7 days.
      2016 XC90 T6|Inscription|Osmium Grey on Blonde|B&W|Convenience|Vision|Climate|21" 8 Spoke|HUD|CarPlay

nice!!
      As of April 29, 2016:
      2016 Volvo XC90 Inscription
      Crystal White / Blonde / Blonde carpets
      Fully loaded (with HUD)

EDIT: Bought back by Volvo July 2016

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Just to get an idea, how long does it take approx. once it's built to arrive in Toronto or any other Canadian city ??
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Just to get an idea, how long does it take approx. once it's built to arrive in Toronto or any other Canadian city ??
      Once it boards the ship, it took 12-13 days to get from Gothenburg to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
      2016 XC90 T6|Inscription|Osmium Grey on Blonde|B&W|Convenience|Vision|Climate|21" 8 Spoke|HUD|CarPlay

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy045 View Post
      Once it boards the ship, it took 12-13 days to get from Gothenburg to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
      Wow that's pretty fast, thanks. So is this where the ships go for Canada & then they put it on train or transport trucks?
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

Wow that's pretty fast, thanks. So is this where the ships go for Canada & then they put it on train or transport trucks?
      For my car, it stayed on the same ship. Went from Gothenburg, Sweden -> Zeebrugge, Belgium -> South Hampton, UK -> Halifax, Nova Scotia -> New York, NY -> Brunswick, GA (total of 18 days).

I imagine, it might get transferred on transport trucks once it reaches Halifax to anywhere in Eastern Canada. I wouldn't think they would use a train. I do know that vehicles delivered to California, seem to take an extra two weeks, and switch boats multiple times.

^ Thanks for the info!
      My Insta

My T8 was booked on April 7 and received at port on April 8. A ship left on April 12. No additional updates on W&W site. Dealier said that the T8 should be in port on May 1. How do I find out if the T8 is really on the ship - Atlantic Concert?

When you use your VIN on W&W site in the cargo ID section to track, it should load on the details. It should say loaded on vessel. That is how you know it is officially on the ship. See my previous screenshots in this thread.

So if not shown on ship, it missed the ship that left 4 days after it had been received at the port? This will not match what the dealer indicated that it would be in port on May 1. Ships indicate next will port in Baltimore on May 10th. Could be sitting on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll away??
      Last edited by Sprusegoose; 04-14-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Guys, is it normal for the ship to "disappear" once it reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
      My car is in the Toscana ship (call sign 2XQC6) and the last location update was when it was approaching the ocean, on 4/14.

Cheers!

Yeah completely normal. I was freaking out also. Once it gets far enough away from land it goes out of range. You can pay $20 or so to track via satellite, but I didn't do that.

On another note, my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealer tomorrow. Should have it Tuesday or Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniwheel View Post
      Guys, is it normal for the ship to "disappear" once it reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
      Yeah. The ship I was on re-appeared for a day or so when pulling past the Azores, but generally it was out of range of land-based sensors.

You might be able to see it using this site: http://www.marinetraffic.com
      Current: XC90 T8, Ember Black Inscription w/ Charcoal Interior (Darth Volvo),
      _______ with Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Suspension, HUD
      Abandoned, in front of my house: 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

Cool, thanks guys!
      I bet this question was already answered here a couple of times, but I couldn't find a definitive answer: How long does it take for the time to get to the dealership, once it gets to the destination port?

Cool, thanks guys!
      I bet this question was already answered here a couple of times, but I couldn't find a definitive answer: How long does it take for the time to get to the dealership, once it gets to the destination port?
      Depends on your port and distance from port to dealer. However around 7-10 days is pretty standard.

For those of you on the west coast, an awesome schematic diagram showing the incredible journey through the Panama Canal -- a far more complex adventure than I had realized:

As of April 29, 2016:
      Fully loaded (with HUD)

Does anyone know how long it can take for your VIN to show up on the W&W site after the ship leaves Gothenburg (assuming it was on the ship)? I was hoping my car would be on the Atlantic Concert leaving 4/12 but my VIN still doesn't pull up anything. Didn't know if it could still be on the ship or if that means it missed it and is waiting for the next. Trying not to be impatient, but you know how that goes
      2016 XC90 Inscription (OSD - April 2016) | Osmium Grey & Charcoal | B&W Sound, Vision | 21" Wheels

I also was hoping that my T8 would be on the Atlantic Concert. as it arrived at the port on April 8th. But it missed the ship. Now is on the AIDA and it just went out of sight in the Atlantic Ocean. Due in port of Baltimore on April 28th. Confirmed with dealer that his records also have the T8 due in port on the 28th. Have several port installations. Hoping for a delivery prior to May 10th in Illinois.

Car made it to dealer today! Pick up most likely tomorrow. Finally the long wait is over! Took 10 days from port to dealer.
      Last edited by bizzy045; 04-21-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Car made it to dealer today! Pick up most likely tomorrow. Finally the long wait is over! Took 10 days from port to dealer.
      Sweet!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Ours arrives in port next Tuesday (26th), should be in dealer the following Friday I'm told

Dont forget the super-duper master delivery checklist:

- [ ] 0. Request wash/detailing NOT be performed
      - [ ] 1. Verify two key FOBs, physical keys in both, and a third small key in the box
      - [ ] 2. Verify latest software version
      - [ ] 3. Verify install of maps (no longer installed at factory)
      - [ ] 4. Verify install and registration of Apple Car Play
      - [ ] 5. Configure software and verify connections before leaving dealership
      - [ ] 6. Verify Volvo on Call and XM Radio registration and operation
      - [ ] 7. Verify AT&T wifi registration, SIM card installation and operation
      - [ ] 8. Setup VOC on iPhone
      - [ ] 9. Verify remote start, et al
      - [ ] 10. Demo locking and unlocking doors, windows and trunk
      - [ ] 11. Demo mirrors and front row seats and set up driver profiles
      - [ ] 12. Demo adjustment of second and third rows seats
      - [ ] 13. Demo open trunk, hood, fuel cap, et al
      - [ ] 14. Demo checking of service levels (e.g., tires, oil, et al)
      - [ ] 15. Review winter driving, emergency equipment and towing procedures, including tires
      - [ ] 16. Review use of PHEV plug-in (T8)
      - [ ] 17. Meet service manager and associates
      - [ ] 18. Review after hours contacts
      - [ ] 19. Demo proper method to jump "start" battery safely
      - [ ] 20. Verify dealer badge/logo was not added (if that is a concern)
      - [ ] 21. Demo 360 view if applicable
      - [ ] CONFIRM VIN AGAINST REG/INSURANCE
      As of April 29, 2016:
      Fully loaded (with HUD)

Thanks for the checklist!

Thanks for the tracking information! This gives me something to do while waiting the month for the car to slowly make its way over...

According to 2WGLOBAL.COM my car was "delivered from" Port Hueneme on 5/9, assuming it will take about 10 days to get to the dealership, I should be getting the car next week - WOO HOO!

According to 2WGLOBAL.COM my car was "delivered from" Port Hueneme on 5/9, assuming it will take about 10 days to get to the dealership, I should be getting the car next week - WOO HOO!
      Where are you based? Ours arrived in Port Hueneme April 26 and arrived at our dealer 2 days later (Burlingame, just south of SF)... so you could be in for a pleasant surprise!! (Except, of course, for that apparent stop-sale currently going on.......)
      As of April 29, 2016:
      Fully loaded (with HUD)

Quote Originally Posted by crosvs View Post
      Where are you based? Ours arrived in Port Hueneme April 26 and arrived at our dealer 2 days later (Burlingame, just south of SF)... so you could be in for a pleasant surprise!! (Except, of course, for that apparent stop-sale currently going on.......)
      Eugene, OR
      The sales guy told me he thinks it's likely to get there by the end of the month and that the car was on its way, in Texas. Meaning, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
      Hopefully this week or the next I'll have a pleasant surprise

Cheers!

Congrats. Mine is scheduled to hit Hueneme on 6/2 and then has a similar distance to go to get to me as yours has to get to you. So I'll be curious to see when you get yours.

My car is on that boat as well, and going to the same Burlingame dealership. It'd be awesome if it got there in 2 days...

According to one of the tracking sites the Atlantic Star has back tracked and is now in Rotterdam. Last time I checked (yesterday) it had left Liverpool and was heading for Halifax, NS. Hope this is an error...
      2016 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red, Polestar+. 22" rims, carbon fiber trim, B&W audio + CD, air suspension, convenience, climate + HUD, vision. OSD 4/4/16, picked up from dealer 6/9/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukexpat View Post
      According to one of the tracking sites the Atlantic Star has back tracked and is now in Rotterdam. Last time I checked (yesterday) it had left Liverpool and was heading for Halifax, NS. Hope this is an error...
      I've been using Vessel Finder and it looks like the boat is just out of range as it crosses the Atlantic. At least that's what I'm hoping
      2016 XC90 Inscription (OSD - April 2016) | Osmium Grey & Charcoal | B&W Sound, Vision | 21" Wheels

How do you track it once it's been sitting in Halifax for last 2 weeks? I was told it had the recall carried out already and is scheduled for train transport. The wait is killing me lol
      My Insta

Will it show once it's left Halifax for the dealership & when it will arrive?? There has been no update since end of April when the ship arrived in Halifax
      My Insta

Will it show once it's left Halifax for the dealership & when it will arrive?? There has been no update since end of April when the ship arrived in Halifax
      It does not update on W&W's site. However your GM at your dealership can see the exact status of your car. I'm guessing yours got delayed because of the sunroof fix and maybe there was a back up? Either way I would reach out to your GM and he/she should be able to help you.

It does not update on W&W's site. However your GM at your dealership can see the exact status of your car. I'm guessing yours got delayed because of the sunroof fix and maybe there was a back up? Either way I would reach out to your GM and he/she should be able to help you.
      Thanks, yes was delayed because of the recall. My dealer did say the recall has been carried out already and is scheduled for train transport. But I thought it would still show some kind of update on the website with ETA etc. So this is pretty much it for tracking right?
      My Insta

Thanks, yes was delayed because of the recall. My dealer did say the recall has been carried out already and is scheduled for train transport. But I thought it would still show some kind of update on the website with ETA etc. So this is pretty much it for tracking right?
      Correct. Mine did not have any train transport so I'm not sure how tracking for that would work. Other than getting info from the GM, I think waiting is the only option. It is probably the hardest part of the whole process but you're almost at the finish line! Hopefully you will get some good news soon!
      Last edited by bizzy045; 05-17-2016 at 09:48 AM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast