FYI: Get your precise shipping itinerary BEFORE it's updated on the Wallenius Wilhemsen cargo tracker! - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by bizzy045 View Post
      Correct. Mine did not have any train transport so I'm not sure how tracking for that would work. Other than getting info from the GM, I think waiting is the only option. It is probably the hardest part of the whole process but you're al,last at the finish line! Hopefully you will get some good news soon!
      Yes exactly Ok I guess I just have to patiently wait now lol
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2020 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Prem & Prem Plus | B&W | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Polestar | Splash Guards | OEM Rubber Mats | Bumper Cover | Front Tint 23% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 Winter Tires | Picked up June 4/2020 | 2016 XC90 T8 Lease Return
      My Insta

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GoFins View Post
      I've been using Vessel Finder and it looks like the boat is just out of range as it crosses the Atlantic. At least that's what I'm hoping
      Looks like it's just left Halifax en route to New York, still scheduled to arrive at Baltimore on Friday 5/20.
      2016 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red, Polestar+. 22" rims, carbon fiber trim, B&W audio + CD, air suspension, convenience, climate + HUD, vision. OSD 4/4/16, picked up from dealer 6/9/16.

Mine is lost in the vast ocean out of range of the free non-satellite tracking, but they do update the vessel's local time zone. It just changed to UTC-4, so I know it's closing in on the east coast of the US. It's possible that I'm following this too closely.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
      Mine is lost in the vast ocean out of range of the free non-satellite tracking, but they do update the vessel's local time zone. It just changed to UTC-4, so I know it's closing in on the east coast of the US. It's possible that I'm following this too closely.
      I did the same thing. Out of range is the worst. You can pay for satellite tracking but I personally don't think it's worth it at all. Sign up for notifications if you are using marinetraffic.com. You'll get info on when the ship slows down and if the ETA is delayed any.
      2016 XC90 T6|Inscription|Osmium Grey on Blonde|B&W|Convenience|Vision|Climate|21" 8 Spoke|HUD|CarPlay

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy045 View Post
      I did the same thing. Out of range is the worst. You can pay for satellite tracking but I personally don't think it's worth it at all. Sign up for notifications if you are using marinetraffic.com. You'll get info on when the ship slows down and if the ETA is delayed any.
      Yep, I've got the notifications set up. At least out of range should be nearly over as it's nearly to the east coast and then it's going down the coast, through the canal, and up the other side to LA. Should be relatively close to land the whole way. The worst will be once it hits port and I'm SOL till the dealer calls.

Yep, I've got the notifications set up. At least out of range should be nearly over as it's nearly to the east coast and then it's going down the coast, through the canal, and up the other side to LA. Should be relatively close to land the whole way. The worst will be once it hits port and I'm SOL till the dealer calls.
      Haha yeah that really is the worst. Getting the call when your car arrives at the dealer is great though. Mine came a couple of days earlier than I expected and it's worth not being able to track it.
      2016 XC90 T6|Inscription|Osmium Grey on Blonde|B&W|Convenience|Vision|Climate|21" 8 Spoke|HUD|CarPlay

Quote Originally Posted by Ukexpat View Post
      Looks like it's just left Halifax en route to New York, still scheduled to arrive at Baltimore on Friday 5/20.
      Can't wait, but like bizzy045 and Zaxxon have said, I'm NOT looking forward to the no man's land once it leaves the port and I'm just waiting. I'm giving it a full week after it hits port to get to the dealer before I start really getting impatient (at least that's my goal for now)...
      2016 XC90 Inscription (OSD - April 2016) | Osmium Grey & Charcoal | B&W Sound, Vision | 21" Wheels

Gee, I'm at the worst moment I assume. The car arrived at the port on 5/9.
      A confession: I'm driving a couple of miles more when I'm leaving work and heading home, just to pass in front of the dealership and see if there's something new on the lot. Quite goofy, I know

Anyways, this is a small town... I drive 7 miles instead of 5

I reached out to my dealer (they're the ones in Burlingame in the Bay Area, like another poster here...), and he mentioned that they do get an update when the car is changed to COFT status, which is when it's being transported — I'm guessing from the port. Maybe if you're really anxious and bug your dealer enough they'll let you know when it's actually being moved by truck.

Thanks.

So my car shows LINER RELEASE, CUSTOMS RELEASE, and DISCHARGED. Does anyone know if it would also need "DELIVERED FROM" for it to be on a truck? Apologies if this is already answered elsewhere, but couldn't find much on the "DELIVERED FROM" status or what it means. Thanks!

-Most impatient person in the world
      2016 XC90 Inscription (OSD - April 2016) | Osmium Grey & Charcoal | B&W Sound, Vision | 21" Wheels

Unfortunately, mine arrived at Baltimore on May 7th and as of May 9th it said "Delivered From" so I don't think that designation means anything. Just called my dealer to see if COFT status has engaged. That means it's on the truck.

Ah ok. I at least now know I'll need to wait for the Delivered From status to be added before it has any chance to be put on a truck

Quote Originally Posted by Hudda View Post
      Unfortunately, mine arrived at Baltimore on May 7th and as of May 9th it said "Delivered From" so I don't think that designation means anything. Just called my dealer to see if COFT status has engaged. That means it's on the truck.
      Would you mind to let us know when you get yours? Mine is "delivered from" the port since May 9 but I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks!
      Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Daniwheel View Post
      Would you mind to let us know when you get yours? Mine is "delivered from" the port since May 9 but I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks!
      Daniel
      Got the call today that mine is at the dealer! They are pushing it through so that I can pick it up before 5:00 PM. Stoked!

Where are you guys getting these updates from?? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place lol
      2020 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Prem & Prem Plus | B&W | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Polestar | Splash Guards | OEM Rubber Mats | Bumper Cover | Front Tint 23% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 Winter Tires | Picked up June 4/2020 | 2016 XC90 T8 Lease Return
      My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Where are you guys getting these updates from?? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place lol
      Where are you trying to look, Brutus? Do you have your VIN from the dealer? Check out the first post in this thread and also the linked old post. If you have your VIN you can lookup the ship that it was loaded on and see it's route. Between ports you can check the vessel with the marinetracker site mentioned -- well, at least, sometimes. I know some of the links are old. If you need any help finding any of these sites, let me know and I'll help you.
      -Tom

2017 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus | Black | Amber Nappa Contour Seats | Convenience | Climate | Vision | HUD

Quote Originally Posted by tpchristian View Post
      Where are you trying to look, Brutus? Do you have your VIN from the dealer? Check out the first post in this thread and also the linked old post. If you have your VIN you can lookup the ship that it was loaded on and see it's route. Between ports you can check the vessel with the marinetracker site mentioned -- well, at least, sometimes. I know some of the links are old. If you need any help finding any of these sites, let me know and I'll help you.
      Thanks for the offer I have been using this link & put my VIN under Cargo ID https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage

The last update was at the end of April when it arrived in Halifax & no update since then My dealer says it's in transit on the train but who really knows if that's true lol I was sure would have arrived in Toronto already, I knew it was on hold for the moonroof update so that delayed everything.
      My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Thanks for the offer I have been using this link & put my VIN under Cargo ID https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage

The last update was at the end of April when it arrived in Halifax & no update since then My dealer says it's in transit on the train but who really knows if that's true lol I was sure would have arrived in Toronto already, I knew it was on hold for the moonroof update so that delayed everything.
      OK, got it. I think that is as far as you will be able to track it. I think that the dealer can get a little more info when it is at port. However, their system had been down because of a major update from Volvo. I think it is supposed to be back up as of this week, but I don't know if it provides the exact same information as has been previously shown. My guess is that you are right that it was held up for the mandatory updates. I'd have to think that you should be getting it very soon.
      -Tom

2017 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus | Black | Amber Nappa Contour Seats | Convenience | Climate | Vision | HUD

OK, got it. I think that is as far as you will be able to track it. I think that the dealer can get a little more info when it is at port. However, their system had been down because of a major update from Volvo. I think it is supposed to be back up as of this week, but I don't know if it provides the exact same information as has been previously shown. My guess is that you are right that it was held up for the mandatory updates. I'd have to think that you should be getting it very soon.
      Hopefully, it's been a long wait
      My Insta

My dealer is telling me that because it's an OSD and that we technically have title to the vehicle, they cannot track my XC90 in the dealer system. It was unloaded al Baltimore over the weekend and has cleared customs, but because of a backlog caused by Volvo's new IT system, there is a backlog at the port and we won't get it until next week. Kinda pissed about this because I have family visiting from the UK this weekend and that third row of seats would be very handy, but my dealer did say they might be able to give me a loaner for a few days...
      2016 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red, Polestar+. 22" rims, carbon fiber trim, B&W audio + CD, air suspension, convenience, climate + HUD, vision. OSD 4/4/16, picked up from dealer 6/9/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukexpat View Post
      My dealer is telling me that because it's an OSD and that we technically have title to the vehicle, they cannot track my XC90 in the dealer system. It was unloaded al Baltimore over the weekend and has cleared customs, but because of a backlog caused by Volvo's new IT system, there is a backlog at the port and we won't get it until next week. Kinda pissed about this because I have family visiting from the UK this weekend and that third row of seats would be very handy, but my dealer did say they might be able to give me a loaner for a few days...
      Does yours say "Delivered From" yet on the W&W site? Mine still doesn't say it yet so was curious if yours was the same. Did you contact W&W to find out about the backlog and likely getting the car next week? I'm still in the dark and have been resisting the urge to follow up...

Nope doesn't say "Delivered From" yet. WL's responsibility ends, or so they told me, when the car is unloaded. I have been bugging Barbara at the US OSD service center and she explained about the delay and that it would likely be delivered next week. Very frustrating that it's just an hour away down I95 - so near yet so far...

I'll take next week if that actually pans out...all of these delays with the software upgrades is making me nervous I won't see my car for another 2+weeks.

If the W&W tracking site shows "Delivered From" New York, does that mean it has cleared custom and is on a truck to the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh View Post
      If the W&W tracking site shows "Delivered From" New York, does that mean it has cleared custom and is on a truck to the dealer?
      I think you are right about the first part, but not that it means that it is on a truck. I think that delivered from is the last status you can get from W&W, however.
      -Tom

Guys, just a heads up. I got my car last Tuesday 6/5.
      For your reference, the car was "Delivered From" Port Hueneme on 5/9, so a bit less than 1 month. I believe the wait was longer than usual because of the change on their system and the mandatory sunroof software change.

I'm located in Eugene/OR.

Does anyone know the route shipping a car would take from Europe to Honolulu? Just trying to map out the voyage
      Sitting at the port 2017 T6 R Design Bursting Blue Bowers & Wilkins sound, Vision & Convenience packages with HUD and Air suspension. Delivery Approx Nov2016

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
      Does anyone know the route shipping a car would take from Europe to Honolulu? Just trying to map out the voyage
      Once your car hits port you should be able to get the itinerary.

Anyone know the best way to track the ships as they move from port to port?
      Sitting at the port 2017 T6 R Design Bursting Blue Bowers & Wilkins sound, Vision & Convenience packages with HUD and Air suspension. Delivery Approx Nov2016

Anyone know the best way to track the ships as they move from port to port?
      Try www.marinetraffic.com. Subscription is not needed for basics for one vessel. There may be other apps, but this works good IMO.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 10 Sept. 2020 | 47K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

According to the W&W website my XC90 is on a vessel from Sweden to Southampton, United Kingdom and then appears to be on a different vessel from there to Port Hueneme.... Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kona66 View Post
      According to the W&W website my XC90 is on a vessel from Sweden to Southampton, United Kingdom and then appears to be on a different vessel from there to Port Hueneme.... Is that normal?
      Yes, it is quite normal, especially between Sweden and Belgium. I don't know about your specific UK scenario. If I were you, I would worry more about which day(s) I should schedule for PTO/vacation and delivery.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 10 Sept. 2020 | 47K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      Yes, it is quite normal, especially between Sweden and Belgium. I don't know about your specific UK scenario. If I were you, I would worry more about which day(s) I should schedule for PTO/vacation and delivery.
      Mine switched ships in Belgium and then continued across the Atlantic eventually to Port Humene

Mine switched ships in Belgium and then continued across the Atlantic eventually to Port Humene
      Same here.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast