Loose front bumper panel
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Loose front bumper panel

This keeps happening to me. I'm not sure what happened or how to fix it. I can pop it back in and it stays for awhile but after a day of driving it will pop back out. The whole bumper panel feels loose actually. Bought the vehicle used from an individual a few months ago.

Thoughts?

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It may not be aligned properly and you may need to remove the whole bumper cover and reinstall it.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

I had a fit issue just like this with my car, which was like that when I bought it used, and I pointed it out to them then. It was the joint around the corner from this just behind the light. It had lost 2 clips which held the body pieces together. They needed to order them, then they installed them under warrantee at my next oil change. No problem since then. It took only an hour or so to do, so it shouldn't be expensive and if you have any warrantee left, maybe they'll do it under that.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

No warranty. I thought it might be an issue like missing clips or something. I wonder if its hard to remove the bumper cover to check and/or replace?

Well...I investigated further and took out the passenger headlight for a closer look. After some wiggling of the bumper cover I finally saw these two pieces were loose and clearly broken. The prior owner did tell me that his wife had the car towed after a flat and I have to wonder, based on the dent near the panel that covers the tow hook insert, if the damage was done then.

It seems that the bumper cover is attached to another plastic piece which is attached to the front end of the vehicle, so I'm not 100% sure which part of the bumper the broken pieces belong to, but I do know that they add support to that section of bumper cover.

It was a private sale from early February so I don't see any recourse with them. I'll just have to move on and see what I need to do to fix it.

[IMG][/IMG]

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements