SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Adding exterior auto dimming mirrors w/folding option, is it possible?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  waynerm002 
#1 ·
Just realized our T5 R-Design does not have the power folding option nor are the exterior mirrors auto dimming. Has anyone done a retrofit like this yet? I researched the parts online but wanted to know if it's just plug and play, I figure some sort of programming might be required as I have seen an option on other cars, in the settings menu, to have the mirror fold when the car is locked and by holding both mirror buttons down. I'm figuring I can pop the mirrors off and probably add the ones with the auto dimming function. Anybody have instructions on how to do these?

#4 ·
I think someone tried it on the XC60 forum and was unsuccessful. I believe it was something to do with software that caused the problem. Ours dont tint either.
I have done in on my 2015.5 Premier Plus XC60. You have to purchase the accessory side mirrors with dimming. Installation you can do it your self. Please download the work instructions from their accessory web site. When you bolt the side mirrors use an powerful gun since the mirror mounting holes are not threaded. Once the mirrors are in place you need to go to the dealer to install the software for power folding, dimming, ground light , memory . The car is pre wired. Please find my post under XC60 from two months ago, I believe . Any question let me know.

#5 ·
Had it done on my previous V70R (for new-to-me narrow garage) and is as described above.
Considered it for my current V60 RD when Volvo threw it into a $4k upgrade package for 2016 on Canadian models. Ordered it instead (got about $6k discount off list) and now quite enjoy the HK stereo and NAV as well as the folding mirrors [emoji41].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.