Gosh I ask a lot of.........
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ok, I painted my OMP strut brace blue and went to reinstall it, and damn.....I stripped one of the strut tower screws(is that what's it called?). Now I can't torque the bolt down correctly. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to replace this screw? I assume it's the same process of taking out the front strut, only easier.

Please help me, I'm an idiot.
      oh yeah, how dangerous would it be if I drove my car down to the dealer with one bolt not torqued down?

I stripped one of the three screws(long things) in the picture below:

[This message has been edited by volvos70turbo (edited 04-12-2002).]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

quote:
      Originally posted by volvos70turbo:
      oh yeah, how dangerous would it be if I drove my car down to the dealer with one bolt not torqued down?

Don't worry, they should have those at the dealers. They probably won't sell you just one, they will sell you in the pack of three. Or if they are nice enough, they will find some in the shop and won't charge you the parts, but just the labor.

As long as you don't plan on race your way to the dealer and cornering like it's a BTCC race car or fly off some curb, it's not that bad.

Believe me, the monkeys at the first shop I dealt with...they lost one of them when I first got the car back after the tranny job...and I was driving the car for a good month or so before I had this other shop put it back on for me.

If the other two bolts both are in place and even the strut tower brace is on, no worry.

Thanks Kai, you da man!!!
      By the way, how's the car?

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements