So THAT's why!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: So THAT's why!

So THAT's why!

Woman breastfeeds puppy

A New Zealand woman is breastfeeding her Staffordshire bull terrier puppy because she wants it to protect her baby daughter.

Kura Tumanako, of Hastings, started breastfeeding the pup after her own baby stopped taking her milk, reports the New Zealand Herald.

Her baby, Honey Pauline Philomina Flo, was born on August 29 and is now on bottled milk.

"I wanted to raise the pup with my baby," Ms Tumanako said. "I wanted to bring it up with a baby. It will protect her as they grow up."

"He drinks more than the baby. It doesn't hurt, but it's a little bit ticklish," she said.

Ms Tumanako, who is pregnant again, said she did not care what people thought about her breastfeeding the pup.

"It's my life, my responsibility. I make my own choices," she said. "I'm going to look after me, my baby and my puppy."

Hastings veterinarian Sharon Marshall said it was uncommon, but not unheard of, for one species to provide milk to another.

"It's not going to hurt the puppy," she said. "I would be more concerned for hygiene issues for any baby sharing the milk."

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: So THAT's why! (JRinPR)

Quote, originally posted by JRinPR »
      Woman breastfeeds puppy

" Ms Tumanako said.
      Ms Tumanako,

Explains some of it.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

Wonder what the father/husband had to say about this? Also, pregnant again after having a five month baby is !! WTF is she thinking: a bunch of babies to grow up with her puppy?!?!?!?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

w t f ? wow.

come on, guys - do you really CARE?

why do people have to get their panties in a bunch over what someone else does in the privacy of their own home.

2004 XC90 2.5T AWD (OSD purchase - June)(for towing/camping and backroad journeys)(100,000 miles); 2008 C30 T5 (MT) OSD purchase (December)(mine); 2004 Porsche Boxster (used)(hers); 2007 Prius (handed down)

Quote, originally posted by JRinPR »
      Her baby, Honey Pauline Philomina Flo,

The name of her baby says everything we need to know about this wacko!

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Re: So THAT's why! (adp)

Quote, originally posted by adp »
      come on, guys - do you really CARE?

why do people have to get their panties in a bunch over what someone else does in the privacy of their own home.

Obviously, if this story is all over the Net, she is not feeding her puppy in "just the privacy of her home"...

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Re: So THAT's why! (GrecianVolvo)

come on, Yannis - chill out. Like what this woman does has any importance, at all, in the scheme of things.
      2004 XC90 2.5T AWD (OSD purchase - June)(for towing/camping and backroad journeys)(100,000 miles); 2008 C30 T5 (MT) OSD purchase (December)(mine); 2004 Porsche Boxster (used)(hers); 2007 Prius (handed down)

come on, Yannis - chill out. Like what this woman does has any importance, at all, in the scheme of things.

This story has every thing to do with it. The makers of nursing bras will now have to design into the new models, a place to hook the dogs leash. There are leash laws you know.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

Re: So THAT's why! (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

The name of her baby says everything we need to know about this wacko!

Yannis

LOL! I almost wrote that underneath that sentence, when I posted the article!

Yannis, give adp a break. He's nursed puppies in the past too.

yeah, and they protected my kids like their own!!

have a good Christmas down there, JR. Best wishes to you and yours for the holidays.

Yannis

Is this the "Off-Topic" Forum or have I started on the eggnog a little bit too early?

Yannis

have a good Christmas down there, JR. Best wishes to you and yours for the holidays.

Thank you, adp. Here's a X-mas gift for you:

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements