Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: (TFS)

TFS - are you clicking on the link to "Track by Auto"? http://schedule.2wglobal.com/A...Auto I think they keep records for a LONG time since I punch in the VIN for my 2002 S60 and found it. I'll IM you that VIN so you can try it since I KNOW it works.

LTA

2006 S60R 6MT BlackSapph/Atacama, Ferrita3"DP/EST-Catback/CustomCAI/A-Mist/18"PS2/NAV/iMIV/22mmRearSB/TME Springs)
      Gone: 2005 XC90 2.5T - Loaded family hauler
      Gone: '02 S60T5 5MT, '96 850T Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: (LTA)

For whatever reason, I would suspct that you dealer is playing you for a sucker.

Re: (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
      TFS - are you clicking on the link to "Track by Auto"? http://schedule.2wglobal.com/A...Auto I think they keep records for a LONG time since I punch in the VIN for my 2002 S60 and found it. I'll IM you that VIN so you can try it since I KNOW it works.

LTA

Hi thanks, got your PM and tried it and it works for me so something is obviously wrong with the VIN, will have to verify it tomorrow. I have chicken scratch writing so perhaps I messed something up.

As for the dealer "playing me for a sucker" that doesn't even make sense. Why would the dealer intentionally give me the wrong VIN and tell me it's coming early for no reason?

Thanks for all this info Tom, can't wait to get it working, i'll let you know if I have any issues (apart from operator error )

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks guys, got it, he said "vee" I heard "zee" don't know why I heard that as it's typically "zed" here but oh well), my mistake, but it works now, and he's right, it should be here literally any day now.

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - How To (tmtalpey)

Updated the leading message to include cmy4x4's Southampton radar site find: http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/radcap.asp "This is a live radar shot of Southampton. It updates approx every 10 minutes. You can watch your ship arriving and departing!" Thanks!

Tom.

2005 V50 T5 AWD 6MT w/Heico tune, Heico exhaust, Bell intercooler, IPD TCV, Viva Forge CBV, Elevate rear swaybar and torque mount, Snabb shift kit, etc.
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD
      1956 PV444 complete, running
      1956 PV444 very original, very rough

Hi guys,

Sorry to revive this year-old thread but I am currently awaiting (eagerly) the arrival of an 07R that I placed a deposit on a couple weeks ago. Using the WW shipping site, it says:

Status - Received at Terminal / Port - Zeebrugge / Time 31/01/2007

Status - Booked / Port - Stockholm / Time - 31/01/2007

My dealer is telling me the car is still in "FC" status. Is this correct or is his information old; the WW information seems to suggest to me that the ship has already sailed. FWIW, the dealer told me the car is scheduled to be delivered to them on or around March 8th. Does this seem reasonable given the status report from the WW webpage?

Thanks!!!

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - How To (yelloboy)

Sorry, it's been a while since I tracked our OSD V50, but as I recall the Received status means the car is at the port and the Booked status is essentially the same as UPS' "billing info received" status. Thus I think that your car is at the port and waiting to be loaded on the ship.

Using the links in the first post of this thread, have you determined the ship your car will be on? That's really the key to following your car on it's voyage home! Once you know the ship you can track it's progress to and from Zeebrugge.

I was surprised how quickly our car, dropped in Brussles and shipped through Zeebrugge, showed up in Denver after it arrived at Port Huenueme. I wouldn't think that March 8th is out of the question.

2006 V50 T5 AWD M66 -- OSD Gothenberg June 2006
      2005 XC70

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - How To (jackf)

Yep, I was able to check out the ship ("Tortugas") schedule (via WW's site), it is scheduled to arrive at Port Hueneme on March 5th... Looks like the 8th, give or take a few days, will be a good estimate!

It seems there was a few days delay in getting all of the information together...

Looked for it's exact location (just left the UK on the 12th) via call sign search, but nothing yet. Next stop is Panama on Feb 24th.

The waiting begins.........March seems sooo far away......

The "received at" status meant it was lined up at the port, but not yet loaded onto the carrier. Cars can wait for quite a while for their ship, a week or two sometimes! Sounds like it's all moving along now...

Don't forget that arriving into Port Hueneme doesn't mean it's on its way. Customs and pre-delivery processing can take a while. Then it goes onto a truck. Fun, eh?

Tom.

2005 V50 T5 AWD 6MT w/Heico tune, Heico exhaust, Bell intercooler, IPD TCV, Viva Forge CBV, Elevate rear swaybar and torque mount, Snabb shift kit, etc.
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD

ordered my s40t5awd week of 2/20,through ww web site found out the ship will arrive in ny(newark) on 03/23.my dealer gave me an"at dealer date" of 04/06. cant wait.car arriving on the "asian cargo"thought of going to the port to try and spot it coming of the ship
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Flamenco Red/Off Black/Graphite w/Premium and Climate on 12/22/10

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - How To (drpie)

Quote, originally posted by drpie »
      thought of going to the port to try and spot it coming of the ship

Hah that is a great idea! If Port Hueneme wasn't so far from me (~4-5 hours) I might have done that myself. Of course if I saw some dock worker taking her for a spin........

Congrats on the new S40!

Seeing the photo of the WW ship "Tancred" above made me realize that I just saw a identical-looking WW auto-carrier ship berthed at the Port of Richmond (across SF bay from San Francisco). It has the same orange/red hull and appearance as the Tancred.

I work nearby to the port, and sometimes take my lunch to eat there, just because I like watching the ships and/or private boats going in and out. It's a much smaller port than Oakland, but there's still room for maybe 4 decent-size cargo ships, and they have a steady flow of auto-carriers. It's my belief that all CA Volvos come in at Port Hueneme (near Oxnard, CA), though, so the WW ship I saw must have been carrying other cars (I think). Out of curiosity I checked out the Port Hueneme web site, and it seems to be a smaller port than Richmond. But apparently it is the only deep-water port between the LA area and the Bay Area.

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - How To (reschleicher)

Quote, originally posted by reschleicher »
      It's my belief that all CA Volvos come in at Port Hueneme (near Oxnard, CA), though, so the WW ship I saw must have been carrying other cars (I think). Out of curiosity I checked out the Port Hueneme web site, and it seems to be a smaller port than Richmond. But apparently it is the only deep-water port between the LA area and the Bay Area.

I think this is the case as well - my R, destined for the bay area, came in through Hueneme, though obviously Oakland/Richmond/Bay Area would have been much closer. I wonder why this is....

Because it's a lot more than driving the car off the boat and onto a carrier. The car is prepped, stickered, updated (if necessary), cleaned, etc. There is a specialty company that performs this for Volvo and there are only a few sites that do it. Other sites exist for other brands, which is one reason why the ships go to so many ports.

Sometimes, the car can be shipped out in an incompletely assembled state. If certain parts aren't available on the assembly line, it can make more sense to push the car toward the destination and finish the job there. This is really easy if the part is a software update, for example. Just an example of how specialized the processing can be.

Tom.

2016 XC60 T6 AWD

thanks for the explanation.

any idea what firm Volvo uses for the inspection and prepping process? what other companies go through this vendor?

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (my journey)

After taking over 5 1/2 weeks to get from Denmark to Sweden , and less than 2 weeks to sail across the Atlantic, my ship should be in the port of Baltimore, this Sunday, May 27th, 2007

Long story to hopefully help others:
      After three weeks and not seeing my car ship by VIN number on the Wilhelm site, I had called Volvo OSD Customer Care at:
      1-800-631-1667
      and they were wonderful at calling me with daily updates until my car arrived in Goteborg and was booked on a ship. And I used my Order Number and VIN number to communicate with them.

We had dropped off our OSD car at the Denmark dropoff center, and it took almost 6 weeks to get to Goteborg and aboard a ship

Once it was booked on a ship, I was then able to use the Wilhelm Wallenius auto tracking by VIN number to track the status of my car:
      http://schedule.2wglobal.com/A...=Auto

then I was able to use the SailWX site to track my ship across the Atlantic:
      http://www.sailwx.info/shiptra...arch
      first by searching by the Ship's name: UNDINE and then after eliminating all the non cargo ships with the same name, by using the Callsign: SHJC

After watching it for a week and a 1/2 sail across the Atlantic I then checked the:
      http://www.firstnynj.com
      site to see when it was arriving/departing from the port of NJ. Arriving on May 25th, departing the 26th.

And lastly I just called the port of Baltimore at:
      410-342-6610
      and asked when the UNDINE was schedule to arrive and I found out that the UNDINE is scheduled to arrive on Sunday the 27th - YEAH!!!

so now the eternal wait to see how long it takes to get thru customs...

So any time I get the call from the dealer in June I will be so very happy and ready to celebrate.

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery

Anyone with a car on the Toledo, departing around 6 JUN 07?

I just found it leaving Southampton...

http://www.aisliverpool.org.uk...70612

2010 C70, Mostly Stock, 6SPD Manual Trans

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (oilspot)

hej, hej Oilspot, go to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp At the bottom right, you can click on "cargo tracking". Then select "auto cargo". Put in your VIN, and you can tell what port it is in, and its next stop. Looks like your car will be in the states (somewhere) this week. Then it will just depend on it clearing customs and the transport to your dealer.

We are not sure yet when ours will actually ship . But Bob is on top of things.

2006 XC90 2.5T AWD OSD
      2007 S60 2.5T OSD
      1995 850
      1999 C70 Coupe

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (oilspot)

OK. So I've spent most of the afternoon geeking out and various websites trying to find the position of the ship my R is on (who doesn't love the internet??). Knowing the port schedule simply isn't enough...noooo...I need to see the little Atari-style ship graphic with a line behind it showing me where its been and when it made a right turn, etc.

I checked the link to the AISliverpool site that Oilspot linked to, but I think the captain of the MANON (call sign SIWN) is on stealth mode. He/she hasn't updated its position since June 12 according to the database on this site, and not since April 16 on a different site (related to weather reports).

Anyone have any other resources?

2007 S60R MT::Ti-Nordkap
      RICA Stage II::TME DP/Exhaust::PhMIC::IPD Track Spec Sways::TME Springs::GiroDisc 2-piece rotors::Kelly/Lill CAI

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (michaelc)

michaelc, the MANON is leaving or just left the port in Belgium. My car is supposed to be on that ship. Not sure if it made it, due to repairs that were being done at the factory after our little mishap in Sweden.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/z...age=1

BillFerg had linked this thread that had some good sites for tracking as well.
      Maybe this will feed you need to know.

2006 XC90 2.5T AWD OSD
      2007 S60 2.5T OSD
      1995 850
      1999 C70 Coupe

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (momscar)

I saw your post earlier...total bummer. Glad everyone is OK.

I'll look back through Bill's post and see what I can dig up

Did you try running your VIN at this site to see if you ride "made the boat" (VIN is your cargo ID)?
      http://schedule.2wglobal.com/A...Auto

2007 S60R MT::Ti-Nordkap
      RICA Stage II::TME DP/Exhaust::PhMIC::IPD Track Spec Sways::TME Springs::GiroDisc 2-piece rotors::Kelly/Lill CAI

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (michaelc)

Well, it shows booked, actually on 2 ships. We think that it will be off-loaded from the MANON in Belgium to a ship that is actually stopping on the East Coast.

It's not actually showing as "loaded" on either ship, so it's still possible it didn't make it. So right now we are just waiting. . . . .

Bob's working on it, and I've got faith in him.

2006 XC90 2.5T AWD OSD
      2007 S60 2.5T OSD
      1995 850
      1999 C70 Coupe

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (momscar)

The ultimate OSD program would be to pick up your car, vacation with it, drop it off for shipment to the US, and then sign on as a crew-member/deck-hand on the same ship. That way you could sit in your car during the ocean voyage. (Actually, I think that some merchant ships offer paid passage for travelers who want to have a different sea-travel experience than on a cruise.)

Wlihelm Wallenius ships come into the Port of Richmond (CA, a bit north of the far-larger Port of Oakland) periodically, including car carriers. But the Volvo shipments to CA all go into a port that is down south, near Oxnard, CA (Port of Hueneme). Otherwise I would have been checking out the ship arrivals at Richmond, waiting for my "ship to come in". (This was back last January.)

Actually, my recollection is that the time delay from the ship arriving with my car, and it showing up at the dealer (350 miles away) was only a couple of days.

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery (reschleicher)

Quote, originally posted by reschleicher »
      The ultimate OSD program would be to pick up your car, vacation with it, drop it off for shipment to the US, and then sign on as a crew-member/deck-hand on the same ship. That way you could sit in your car during the ocean voyage. (Actually, I think that some merchant ships offer paid passage for travelers who want to have a different sea-travel experience than on a cruise.)

Interesting idea...

What if they raised some flags on the ship, told you that the Captain's name was Jack Sparrow and took you treasure hunting in the Caribbean...

Now that would be an adventure.

William

William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

I fixed some links, tuned up some old text and added some info to the original post. Enjoy.

Tom.

2016 XC60 T6 AWD

my ship is the ISOLDE call sign: SLKB, I saw it leave Southhampton, but can't seem to find it and that was 7 days ago..it's headed to Manzanillo..any ideas how to further track?
      thanks,

Re: (mr. califC30)

It looks like it's not making any stops before it gets to Manzanillo on 11/2.

The next stop after that is Port Hueneme, CA on 11/12.

I hope this helps. But the waiting is the hard part.

Just curious, was this an OSD or just a special order??

2006 XC90 2.5T AWD OSD
      2007 S60 2.5T OSD
      1995 850
      1999 C70 Coupe

yes..I'm hating the waiting..It was just a special order. Thanks for reassuring me.

Re: (momscar)

Quote, originally posted by momscar »
      It looks like it's not making any stops before it gets to Manzanillo on 11/2.

The next stop after that is Port Hueneme, CA on 11/12.

Well, at least he will be driving it on Thanksgiving Day!

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

Re: (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Well, at least he will be driving it on Thanksgiving Day!

Yannis

I sure hope so. Our car wasn't released from Customs for 2 weeks after it got to port. So not only were the Swedes slow, but then it was held up in the States.

But it's home now, and the world is right again

We are very pleased.

2006 XC90 2.5T AWD OSD
      2007 S60 2.5T OSD
      1995 850
      1999 C70 Coupe

Tuned up some of the links a bit. It all still works!

Tom.

2016 XC60 T6 AWD

Tom,

Thanks again for your informative post and for updating it.

After looking through the replys to your post I noticed one that I made about three years ago that needs correcting. Here is my original post:

A nice thing that Volvo does... is transport almost all of their new Volvos in enclosed transport trailers from the port to Volvo retailers in the US.
      So you will very seldom see a truckload of new Volvos going down the highway on an open trailer.

Unfortunately this is not the case any more as most Volvo's are now transported from the port to US dealers on open car carriers.

William

William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - How To (William)

This whole concept is fascinating for anyone interested in tracking their "shipment". I also found even better tracking mechanisms and "toys" about my ship at the website of the ship's owner. All of their particular fleet have more sophisticated tracking tools than the weather reports available on sailwx.info which can sometimes be out of date many days. If your site is an Atlantic Container Line ship, their website is: http://www.aclcargo.com, but my assumption is you might find similar sites for other fleets.

Re: Tracking Volvo shipment and delivery - How To (Freeworld)

Cool, but how to know a given ship is an ACL vessel? You just look at the map to see if yours is shown? Also, it looks like their tracking system needs an internal shipment number to see the detail (the W-W site is able to use the VIN). How did you get this?

If we can write it up, let's add it to the description.

Tom.

2016 XC60 T6 AWD

Once I found my ship name, I Googled it, and found the ship's owner's site. Mine just happened to be ACL (they appear to own about 1/2 dozen ships). I went to their site and found the tracking tool that they use (which provides a good amount of detail) which shows all their ships. Then I just zoom in on mine. Otherwise, my ship has not sent a weather update to sailwx for over 8 days. I haven't been able to actually track my cargo with VIN number on the ACL site, but I'm just watching the ship's progress, which seems fairly real time.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast