New family member
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

New family member

I've always been after a 2007 XC70 with the 850 stereo, heated seats etc. I think it might be the "Adventure Series" but I'm not positive. Locally, they don't seem to ever come around for sale, any that are decent looking that is. So I ended up flying half way across the country and picked up this one then drove it back. It's Black on Black and only has 55K miles on it. It's in very good condition. I've already given it a proper reconditioning. Wiping everything down, applied leatherique and gave it a good wash. Don't have a name for it yet.

Also, while cleaning it I found an iPod in the seat pocket that was last used in 2008. I plugged it in and it still worked. I used that to track down the first owner and spoke to them on the phone yesterday. Shipped back his iPod too. He thought he had lost it on a plane in 2008!

On the way back while driving through Nashville. A black V70 merged onto the freeway, came up next to me and the driver gave me a big smile and a huge thumbs up lol.

That brings my XC70 fleet up to 3 now. I think I should stop buying more or I'll have to open a home for orphaned wagons.

Had to also pose it with my other one.

2006 XC70 76k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 65k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 7k - Grey/Black
      2020 V90CC 1.9K - Osmium Gray/Maroon Brown - "Storm" | 2019 Honda Pilot 49K - Black/Black - "Toaster" - OpenPilot Development Guinea Pig
      Previous: 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2018 V90CC

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks great! Any interior shots too?

My car also had left overs, nothing as cool as an iPod though. The free CD has been enjoyable though, and while I'm all for free car parts - I wish they hadn't left spare change everywhere. It's stained the carpet... Needs elbow I grease!

I have not done a photo shoot with it yet. Was raining here when I cleaned off the leatherique today. I did snap a photo after i applied it though.

I'll get the proper photos tomorrow.

2006 XC70 76k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 65k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 7k - Grey/Black
      2020 V90CC 1.9K - Osmium Gray/Maroon Brown - "Storm" | 2019 Honda Pilot 49K - Black/Black - "Toaster" - OpenPilot Development Guinea Pig
      Previous: 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2018 V90CC

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post

My car also had left overs, nothing as cool as an iPod though. The free CD has been enjoyable though, and while I'm all for free car parts - I wish they hadn't left spare change everywhere. It's stained the carpet... Needs elbow I grease!
      Man. This last car? I got a half deck of cards, baby wipes, and a decaying apple underneath my driver's seat.

Skywolf- Looks great!

That is an Adventure series
      Email: jrl1194 ( at ) AOL (dot) com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak/Tan/Arena, 117K miles. My DD with no plans to sell it anytime soon
      2000 V70R, Wife's, she won't sell. Now she hit 158,000 miles and still near perfect!

Mainly bits of food and child related detritus here too. Though I found options I didn't know the car had. Like the phone in the arm rest. Great story about shipping back to iPod. Good man!

And I love the idea of flying somewhere to pick up a car and then driving back. A road trip from day one.

Oh and the car looks well
      2004 Volvo V70 2.5T SE
      2002 Lexus GS 300
      1999 Saab 9-3 Convertible

I did spend a few hours cleaning up some stuff under the backseat. Something was spilled there and it got down to the body. So I was vacuuming and scrubbing down there. I have no found anything else.. yet. I go through with a work light and check seams in panels looking for possible spills. This black wagon is not in as good condition on the inside as my red one but its close. Both wagons are black interior so they're almost exactly the same. My 2013 is behind the closed door. This one came out of the open garage which fits 2 cars deep. The red wagon is in the back.

Always check under the rear seats in these cars, thats where the kids have been!!

I took better photos just now, so here they are.

Leather is in great condition for the age.

Rear seats of course look unused.

almost 55K miles!

Score! Upgraded stereo. Aux port is a must-have

Freshly cleaned and conditioned.

Lots of room.

Quote Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
      Mainly bits of food and child related detritus here too. Though I found options I didn't know the car had. Like the phone in the arm rest. Great story about shipping back to iPod. Good man!

And I love the idea of flying somewhere to pick up a car and then driving back. A road trip from day one.

Oh and the car looks well
      It's the second time I've done it. I did it with my red one as well. It's an interesting experience.

Sometimes dealers are not willing to work with you if you're from a distance. They either don't believe you and think you're wasting their time or don't want to do some of the extra work required.

I had a really good experience with the red wagon from the Volvo dealer in Wichita, KS. My experience was so awesome I sent the sales person a $200 gift card for the best steakhouse in town. He went out of his way to get me high res photos of everything on the car. If there was a spot on the seats, he tried to clean it and took a photo. He had service put it on the lift and took photos of the underside.

With this one the experience wasn't that awesome but was pretty good. The dealer moved slow at first then I think they realized I was quite serious. I had to prod them a little to give me photos. I also sent an inspector out there from AIM, had the sales person record a video of the car starting. When I got there I did my personal inspection and also checked to make sure some obvious things were not coming. I tested for some obvious issues like the driveshaft.

The most critical worry I have is always, "Will the wagon make it back?". The drive from Wichita back to Atlanta was 15.5 hours. That's a long time in a car you just bought and don't have a trusting relationship with. The drive from Illinois back to Atlanta was about 10 hours. In both cases the wagons did amazing and were super comfortable, of course.

It is quite cool though. You step off the plane in the destination. In Wichita, the red wagon was waiting in front of the airport for me. In Illinois, I took a taxi. I have no idea what I'm walking into. I've seen photos, videos, seen the inspections but I never looked at it in person until I get there. There's always the chance I would have to fly back or rent a car and drive back.

Unfortunately, these XC70s are a little rare in Atlanta. Well cared for and nearly immaculate ones are super rare. The last one I saw sprout up for sale was October of 2014, a blue 2007 with 70k miles.

A few weeks ago while at the Volvo dealer picking up a part I actually approached a woman picking up her 2007 from service and asked to buy it lol. No dice, she didn't want to sell. she likes her wagon.

I actually take photos of the wagons I see out in the wild here and if they're ones I think I might be interested in I will save them with the license plate and run a carfax lol. If I ever run into them again I would offer to buy.

I should totally share the link for my Wagon Stalking collection.. Maybe I even caught some Atlanta forum users on it.

Excellent stuff. Puts my trip from Yorkshire to Surrey on the train to shame

Leather looks great too. I Googled that Leatherique stuff and it looks impressive. Would it give a slightly more matte finish to the leather do you think? My V70 is double your mileage and the leather is clean and in good condition but a bit shiny and slippy. In another thread Zymol was recommended to me but it made little difference.
      2004 Volvo V70 2.5T SE
      2002 Lexus GS 300

Quote Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
      Excellent stuff. Puts my trip from Yorkshire to Surrey on the train to shame

Leather looks great too. I Googled that Leatherique stuff and it looks impressive. Would it give a slightly more matte finish to the leather do you think? My V70 is double your mileage and the leather is clean and in good condition but a bit shiny and slippy. In another thread Zymol was recommended to me but it made little difference.
      Leatherique is great stuff. It's not something you just like clean with or apply and rub off. For proper treatment its best to really apply the stuff quite well, like 4oz per seat I think. Then let it "bake" in the sun. The baking creates a kind of steam effect. It will soften the leather pretty well if its hard and also lifts deep dirt up. After a day or so of baking then you come back around and use cleaner to get it off. You'll notice more dirt comes up. Always make sure you vacuum up the seats well, get all the dirt out of the stitching areas etc.

As for the matte finish.. after you clean it it will look that way and not be slippery. It really makes the leather look and feel great.

The stuff is a bit expensive but its worth it. I don't use it but about once a year and generally only on the older vehicles. My 2013 and 2011 have been cleaned and conditioned from the start every 6 months and they do very well. I'm still shocked when I see 2013 XC70s for sale and the leather looks like total crap. Mine still looks like the day it rolled off the ship.

The pictures are not loading for me on a Windows PC, but they load correctly in Tapatalk.

Looks nice, I always liked the silver roof bars on the later XCs.
      2002 V70 T5a 194k RTI/Hilton Stage 1/336mm brakes/Bilstein B8s/H&R springs
      2002 V70 NA 278k HU-803/T5 suspension/305mm brakes
      2003 V70 T5m 251k Hilton Stage 2/Delrin subframe bushings/R front sway bar/R manifold/Jetex catback/Re-Volv DP/Simota CCI
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design 69k IPD RSB

Quote Originally Posted by ProlixsWife View Post

Man. This last car? I got a half deck of cards, baby wipes, and a decaying apple underneath my driver's seat.

Skywolf- Looks great!
      That's still minor. When I got my Hyundai, it was previously a politicians car. Big, red, liberal wave on the side panels. Filthy. But the worst part? Finding male underwear in the trunk. I didn't sniff test it, more so engaged in some disposable gloves & used accordingly.

Just wondering: does anyone else have "loading image" all over the page? Same issues on both iPhone & PC.

Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      As for the matte finish.. after you clean it it will look that way and not be slippery. It really makes the leather look and feel great.
      Might have to invest.

Just wondering: does anyone else have "loading image" all over the page? Same issues on both iPhone & PC.
      No problem on desktop Chrome.
      2004 Volvo V70 2.5T SE
      2002 Lexus GS 300

Car looks great! Definitely a bit scary buying a car you haven't seen in person…but also something quite exhilarating about it too. Glad it was a story with a happy ending!

I've heard good stuff about Leatherique, but I hadn't heard of that particular process. Is that how they recommend using it—pecifically referring to the let-it-sit-and-bake application? I still have a good bit of Lexol, and I'm wondering if the same thing might work better with their conditioner or cleaner. Commence googling…
      Current: 2003 V70 T5 M56 // Mystic Silver/Charcoal // 162K miles // Koni FSD + Eibachs // Snabb intake + IPD silicone turbo hoses // Copper R Brembos // 18" Pegs // OEM bi-xenons // '05 side mirrors // 18/35 tint // jewel tails // black anodized S80 DIM // R steering wheel // '05 console w/ T5M spaceball // mesh grill with custom ironmark badge 2004 XC70 bone stock for now…
      Previous: 2001 V70 T5M (Nautic/Charcoal) // 1999 V70 NA M56 (Blue-Green Metallic/Charcoal) // 2004 V70R M66 (Titanium/Nordkap) // 1992 244 M47 (Silver/Navy…and the newest, nicest car I'll ever own. Sold on BaT. )

Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
      Car looks great! Definitely a bit scary buying a car you haven't seen in person…but also something quite exhilarating about it too. Glad it was a story with a happy ending!

I've heard good stuff about Leatherique, but I hadn't heard of that particular process. Is that how they recommend using it—pecifically referring to the let-it-sit-and-bake application? I still have a good bit of Lexol, and I'm wondering if the same thing might work better with their conditioner or cleaner. Commence googling…
      Yea, letting it sit for a few hours in the sun lets it create a sort of steam room effect.

I use lexol as my standard cleaner and conditioner. I don't let the conditioner sit long though, usually only 20 minutes, and not in the sun.

I still need to do a targeted application on the passenger seat, it's not as soft. I'm going to wait for a really good hot day lol.

I once found lube, hand cuffs and a dildo in the trunk of a car at the pick n pull. It makes you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
      I once found lube, hand cuffs and a dildo in the trunk of a car at the pick n pull. It makes you wonder.
      Nothing surprises me at pick and pull lots. Now if I found that I would have taken a photo, because that's hilarious.

How much did they charge you ;D?

Certainly outranks my dirty political underwear find.

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements