Volvo On Call renewal
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Volvo On Call renewal

Hi Everybody,

I can't believe I have had my car for almost six months now.

I want to renew Volvo On Call. For the folks that have renewed, can you please tell me if you paid less than what I am quoted from the Volvo On Call renewal website?

12 Month Extension $200.00 USD
      18 Month Extension $250.00 USD
      30 Month Extension $390.00 USD
      42 Month Extension $500.00 USD
      54 Month Extension $600.00 USD
      2016 XC90 T6 R-Design | Osmium Grey Metallic | 22" | B&W | Convenience | Vision | Air Suspension | CarPlay

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So I guess you can purchase from any Volvo dealer if they sell it to you for less than where you purchased car from, correct?

We should share Canadian prices for VOC renewals too
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

I just reached out to my dealer to see if I can renew it from them and if I can pay less than $600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2016 XC90 T6 R-Design | Osmium Grey Metallic | 22" | B&W | Convenience | Vision | Air Suspension | CarPlay

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Jut as an FYI for people who may not have known, if you buy for example a 54 month plan and trade in 3 years, you cannot transfer the leftover months to your new Volvo.
      Currently Own:

2018 Volvo XC60 Inscription — Replaced my 2016 XC90 First Edition

2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum — Replaced my 2017 Audi Q7

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be driving this car at least 5-7 years if not more.

No problem and for you, it is definitely worth it then to go straight for the longest plan. I trade around 3-4 years but do it based on when a new model year or especially when a mild refresh is done so I cannot judge when I'll be trading. Because of that, even the 12 month plan is no good for me.

It really is a shame if you trade in one Volvo for a newer Volvo you can't just transfer the time, that is something I really hope Volvo would consider changing down the road.
      Currently Own:

Just so I understand correctly this is just to use the app? Once they finalize a carrier pricing model with ATT then we'll have that cost in addition to this? For a software based service that seems kind of expensive. My opinion you paid the hardware (car connectivity) costs when you purchased the vehicle. This is simply to maintain the app and their data center services. I work in technology and typically you can get 3 year's worth of software subscription for roughly $200. Volvo should lower this price or at least make it negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      It really is a shame if you trade in one Volvo for a newer Volvo you can't just transfer the time, that is something I really hope Volvo would consider changing down the road.
      I agree! Hope Volvo is listening
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by BishopQ View Post
      Just so I understand correctly this is just to use the app? Once they finalize a carrier pricing model with ATT then we'll have that cost in addition to this? For a software based service that seems kind of expensive. My opinion you paid the hardware (car connectivity) costs when you purchased the vehicle. This is simply to maintain the app and their data center services. I work in technology and typically you can get 3 year's worth of software subscription for roughly $200. Volvo should lower this price or at least make it negotiable.
      yes - i also found it perplexingly expensive - as Audi MMI doesn't even cost that much.

but this is the case apparently.

But now that i know i'm only paying for VOC, I will be calling VCNA every damn day until they fix the damn app that we pay a subscription for.
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

Dealer got back to me. They can't renew it.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopQ View Post
      Yep, data services through AT&T once finalized will be a seperate charge from the charge for Volvo on call services. You do not need AT&T service to use Volvo on call.
      Currently Own:

Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      yes - i also found it perplexingly expensive - as Audi MMI doesn't even cost that much.

but this is the case apparently.

But now that i know i'm only paying for VOC, I will be calling VCNA every damn day until they fix the damn app that we pay a subscription for.
      I'd have to check again but I have a 2017 q7 in addition to the xc90 and I could swear when I was looking at pricing, Audi was considerably more for their services. Something like $700 for 3 years, but I'd have to go and look against be certain to be honest.
      Currently Own:

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe09 View Post
      Dealer got back to me. They can't renew it.
      Weird, so where do you renew it?
      My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Weird, so where do you renew it?
      http://www.vocrenewal.com

So aside from the SOS button and the GPS theft tracking that is used during emergencies... the only other benefit this gives me is the remote start/stop? I think the price is way to high to justify the utility and Volvo should reconsider their pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjacob View Post
      So aside from the SOS button and the GPS theft tracking that is used during emergencies... the only other benefit this gives me is the remote start/stop? I think the price is way to high to justify the utility and Volvo should reconsider their pricing.
      Not making a case if it is worth it or not, but the app has more than just start/stop. It has a driving journal, vehicle locator, send destination, lock/unlock that I can immediately think of.
      Currently Own:

Volvo used to sell Remote start for just $499 for hardwire.

This is of course more profitable, but in the long run also gives expansion opportunities through the app.

Unfortunately, right now, it seems we can only complain because the temperature part was my favorite function combined with remote start.
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjacob View Post
      At 54 months, it's like $11 per month. You can also use the Volvo 20% off rebate to knock a further $100 (max allowed) out of it bringing it down to less than $10 per month. I don't see that as unreasonable - but different strokes for different folks.

I use the driving journal almost religiously to track mileage - it's very easy to tag reimbursable mileage.
      Alongside the connected car features, it's more useful to me than not, so I renewed.
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      Volvo used to sell Remote start for just $499 for hardwire.
      Remote start from anywhere or remote start from close enough to see the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post
      At 54 months, it's like $11 per month. You can also use the Volvo 20% off rebate to knock a further $100 (max allowed) out of it bringing it down to less than $10 per month. I don't see that as unreasonable - but different strokes for different folks.

I use the driving journal almost religiously to track mileage - it's very easy to tag reimbursable mileage.
      Alongside the connected car features, it's more useful to me than not, so I renewed.
      Where can I get the Volvo 20% off rebate? This was the main reason I created this post.

But I think my dealer mentioned that you can buy VOC from them but I guess needs to be done at the same time when you pick up your vehicle?
      My Insta

But I think my dealer mentioned that you can buy VOC from them but I guess needs to be done at the same time when you pick up your vehicle?
      I don't recall my dealer offering VOC renewal at time of purchase.

Where can I get the Volvo 20% off rebate? This was the main reason I created this post.
      You should have received a welcome kit from Volvo that included it - or you can simply start a chat with Volvo and ask for it. I received within moments by email and had a check in hand within a couple of weeks.

I don't recall my dealer offering VOC renewal at time of purchase.
      You can purchase VOC renewals in the initial buying process - but it's considerably cheaper to renew through vocrenewal.com in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post
      You should have received a welcome kit from Volvo that included it - or you can simply start a chat with Volvo and ask for it. I received within moments by email and had a check in hand within a couple of weeks.
      I will check when I get home. I'll start a chat with Volvo now and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      Jut as an FYI for people who may not have known, if you buy for example a 54 month plan and trade in 3 years, you cannot transfer the leftover months to your new Volvo.
      Does the new owner get the benefit of the remaining time or does it just "go away". If the former, at least that could be factored into the resale value.
      -Tom

2017 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus | Black | Amber Nappa Contour Seats | Convenience | Climate | Vision | HUD

Well that was easy. Chatted with Volvo and they said they will email me a 20% rebate. Now we wait.....

Well that was easy. Chatted with Volvo and they said they will email me a 20% rebate. Now we wait.....
      If only you'd done that when you bought the car!

The part that bugs me is they just took away functionality. T8 used to show battery status.

That feature is now completely gone.

What else are they going to take away?

So I got the email. It's 20% off Volvo Genuine Parts during service and accessories. You pay the full price and then submit the form to receive a reimbursement check.

Quote Originally Posted by adrien View Post
      The part that bugs me is they just took away functionality. T8 used to show battery status.

That feature is now completely gone.

What else are they going to take away?
      Without confirmation - perhaps it's a bug or something they're working to fix. It seems several T8 owners reported the battery status being incorrect.

Yeah - super easy. 3 mins of work to save $100!

Where do you find this chat?

I renewed at my dealer this week. He gave me $20 off. But it hasn't taken effect. I called VOC and they said it can take 5 business days for the dealer to process it.

So I guess you can purchase from any Volvo dealer if they sell it to you for less than where you purchased car from, correct?

We should share Canadian prices for VOC renewals too
      12 Month Extension $220.00 CAD
      18 Month Extension $275.00 CAD
      30 Month Extension $429.00 CAD
      33 Month Extension $475.00 CAD
      42 Month Extension $579.00 CAD
      54 Month Extension $679.00 CAD
      2016 Ice White XC90 T8 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by jgoodnoe View Post
      Where do you find this chat?

I renewed at my dealer this week. He gave me $20 off. But it hasn't taken effect. I called VOC and they said it can take 5 business days for the dealer to process it.
      Go to the following link and look for the Chat link in the bottom of the page.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast