Heico Aluminum Foot Pedals/Foot Rest
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Heico Aluminum Foot Pedals/Foot Rest

Does anyone here have these installed in their S40/V50 yet? Anyone in the US? I was wondering if they are easy to install or not

I just got a quote for these pedals from IPD for $129 for a set .
      $129 for manual (3pcs) and $129 for automatic (2pcs)... dunno why the auto is the same price.
      They dont have them in stock at IPD yet, but they are expecting them soon.
      Also the dead pedal foot rest shown in the second picture on the left hand side, is sold seperately.
      They speculated the dead pedal may cost approx $168 all on its own

Worth it? I dunno. Opinions anyone. If installation requires you to take it to the shop and pay labor then that will suck pretty bad.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Heico Aluminum Foot Pedals/Foot Rest (SirSteak)

I thought about them, but the way the dead pedal attached to carpet sounded kind of sketchy.....

To install the pedals, you remove the rubber, place them over and drill holes through the pedal to instal IIRC.

If you find they are solid fits and finish, please let us all know! Especially on the dead pedal...

Thanks, Mason

Re: Heico Aluminum Foot Pedals/Foot Rest (mase001)

I have all the pedals in my S60 R and love them.
      Here's a warning on the dead pedal.
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=31756
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: Heico Aluminum Foot Pedals/Foot Rest (Our R)

thanks R, that was a good thread

Did the dead pedal issue ever get resolved? For me the whole reason to get the set would be for a good (and secure) dead pedal. I don't want my foot to pressing against the pedal and have it fly off during a fast corner.

Re: Heico Aluminum Foot Pedals/Foot Rest (nicho1as)

If you mount the dead pedal with a nut and bolt setup like I wrote about in the above link, all's well. Mine is nice and solid.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

Presently taking a ride thru the Black Forest.

Quote, originally posted by Our R »
      Mine is nice and solid.

I worry about the long-term hold up. If I'm reading your write-up correctly you've essentially fastened the foot rest to the carpet. If it's simply used a foot rest I imagine there wouldn't be too much of an issue. But in my mind, a dead pedal is very different than a foot rest. I use a dead pedal to brace myself when I'm cornering. I'd be worried that at some point, with repeated stress, I'd rip the carpet.

I like the idea of self-tapping screws that actually fasten the the metal. But I'd be scared about puncturing something important or letting rust erode around the holes.

damn those look slippery....

I don't think they are slippery since they have small rubber things on them..

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements