SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

'Rugged Luxury’ Styling kit

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  hfwilkesjr 
#1 ·
Although I wasn't fond (got used to it) of the plastic trim on my XC70 (blue on silver), I find that it suites
the XC90 better. But I haven't been able to see one with the rugged styling kit in the flesh, so I am looking
for opinions, possibly from people who have seen it. It seems to me that the black (or dark grey) trim makes
the car look more elegant, less "boxy" since it looks as though the black side panels are not a part of the car,
especially on light colors such as silver (without much doubt the color of my previous and of my next car).
But this accessory is very expensive and I don't want to drop some useful oprion for a mostly esthethic one
to make the car fit my (intended) budget. In other words, another difficult (luxury ;)) choice.

#2 · (Edited)
If you do want the Rugged look, I would advise you to check out the white XC90. The plastic bumpers don't look so well on the silvers or other rich colors, as the color is too lush for the rugged trim. The white nails it. Right on the head. I also think they fit the copper-brown XC90 nicely.

I myself decided on the Urban look, which fits most other colors very well for the aforementioned reason of appearance.

The styling kit most definitely takes this car to the next level and distinguishes it from the others, with the trims giving it (a lot) more body and therefore a bolder, more sturdy look.

Here's some images of my car:

#3 · (Edited)
We are waiting for the arrival of our OSD. it is a Luminous Sand with the rugged kit. We also had the Polestar installed. We drove it for 5 weeks in Europe and just LOVED the look. As you said it provided the car with a different look. It looked as a SUV you would love to drive not just look at. It gave it a look of a SUV you could take anywhere from the opera to the camping trip. We have absolutely no regret that we spend the $ on that look and bypassed the B&W option.

PS: IF you find the pictures of the rugged kit on your Volvo appealing I am SURE you will find the real thing VERY attractive. We are very happy with our decision to add that feature.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks Zahra, I am really pleased with it, I think it gives the car more attitude, although it seems it is not to a lot peoples taste (acptcpak excluded :D).

Do you think you will go for it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.