Volvo Protection Plans
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Volvo Protection Plans

Did anyone get the Volvo protection plan? Where did you get it and how much did it cost? I'm thinking about getting the tire/wheel plan because these tires are pricey. That being said, I'm being told that I can only purchase it at the time of delivery. Actually, no one seems to even want to talk to me as soon as they discover that I already have an XC90. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

AFAIK, Yes you have to get it within stipulated time frame. There are multiple threads on this forum. I got VIP and extended warranty from Mike bernardo @ Steingold Volvo. He is known here on this forum and lot of people have purchased warranty etc for him. Nice to deal with and very competitive price.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      2016 XC90 T6|Inscription|Onyx Black w Amber|Convenience|Vision|Climate|21" 8 Spoke|CarPlay|Headliner|Booster|

I bought FSM and Warranty from Mike but he said that he couldn't do the VIP plans. :-/

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

We just picked up a 7 year/100,000 mile Volvo VIP Exclusionary Coverage Plan (this is the better one that covers pretty much everything) for our XC90 R-Design from Mike Bernardo at Steingold Volvo. Our car is about 3 months old and we have 5,000 miles on it (lots of summer vacation trips). Mike got us a good price (much better than our local dealer) and he was super easy to work with. Highly recommend calling him if you want to get a Volvo extended warranty.
      2016 XC90 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar✦ - Osmium Grey / Bowers & Wilkins / Climate / Convenience / Vision / Air Suspension / HUD
      2016 Audi S3 - Sepang Blue

Thanks for sharing, rwparker35. I am looking at these plans: http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/main...ssurance-plans

They seem to do something a little different from Mike's plans. These are more outside of the normal wear + tear that could occur. I think they tires cost a lot and curbing one isn't covered under warranty or service. Neither is dropping these very fragile keys.

Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

yes I was told that VIPP had to be bought at the same time as the vehicle, cannot buy it afterwards. The reasoning was that the dealership has to vette the condition of the car upon exchange.
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

Volvo Protection

Quote Originally Posted by Xander1 View Post
      Did anyone get the Volvo protection plan? Where did you get it and how much did it cost? I'm thinking about getting the tire/wheel plan because these tires are pricey. That being said, I'm being told that I can only purchase it at the time of delivery. Actually, no one seems to even want to talk to me as soon as they discover that I already have an XC90. Anyone else experiencing this?
      This thread has been covered a few times. I have the 7 year CPO (Certified Pre Owned) warranty with 73/74 months at time of purchase remaining. I also have the FSMUC7C full maintenance plan. I received that as compensation for some hiccups that transpired during sale of my vehicle.

http://www.steingold.com/factory-sch...e-upgrades.htm

Steingold Volvo Offers offers a price list for the maintenance plan.

Here's the Extended Warranty, but I don't think Prices are listed.

http://http://www.steingold.com/-vip...d-warranty.htm

Hope this helped.
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 08-14-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rwparker35 View Post
      We just picked up a 7 year/100,000 mile Volvo VIP Exclusionary Coverage Plan (this is the better one that covers pretty much everything) for our XC90 R-Design from Mike Bernardo at Steingold Volvo. Our car is about 3 months old and we have 5,000 miles on it (lots of summer vacation trips). Mike got us a good price (much better than our local dealer) and he was super easy to work with. Highly recommend calling him if you want to get a Volvo extended warranty.
      I sympathize. In 75 Days, I've put 4,000 miles on my S60. It would be at least another 1100 or 1200 if I hadn't used other vehicles for 2 trips i needed to take.

Thanks for sharing, rwparker35. I am looking at these plans: http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/main...ssurance-plans

They seem to do something a little different from Mike's plans. These are more outside of the normal wear + tear that could occur. I think they tires cost a lot and curbing one isn't covered under warranty or service. Neither is dropping these very fragile keys.

Don't shoot me when I say these aren't worth it.

1. Volvo Offers Roadside Assistance on either in their CPO or New Car Purchase for a period of four years: http://www.volvocars.com/us/own/main...ide-assistance

2. If outside warranty period, Some insurance companies include or offer Towing and Tire Repair for a nominal fee. Also, there is always AAA.

3. Tire manufacturer also warranty their tires too, for X amount of mileage.

4. Replacing keyfab is a few hundred dollars. Not worth spending money on a plan if you ask me.

Personally, Stick to the Factory Service Maintenance or Extended Warranty.

Which is better get extended Warrenty or fsm upgrade . How much fsm costs for these cars after factory warrenty expires

Mike's plans are Volvo's plans. One in the same. He is an authorized Volvo dealer selling Volvo extended warranty plans. What we purchased is shown in the link you provided. It is under the "Volvo Increased Protection Plans (VIP)" section and it is the first one on the left below the picture of the lady reaching for her sunglasses. It is called "VIP Exclusionary Plan". This is the higher level of extended warranty that Volvo offers. The cheaper one is called the "VIP Stated Component Plan". It covers less stuff and doesn't cover several of the higher line (and expensive) options that we have on our R-Design. Both of these plans are intended to be purchased with a new vehicle, however, as stated in that link, they are "Available even if you have 1 month and 1,000 miles remaining on your New Car Limited Warranty".

Volvo also offers the VIP Service Drive Plan and CPO Plan for older vehicles. Mike sells these as well.

Mike also sells the other extra protection things you are referring to (Protection Plus Plan, Key Protection Plan, and Tire and Wheel Protection Plan). These plans cover things not covered in a vehicle warranty. They are like mini insurance policies for specific items. I tend to avoid these as repairing a damaged rim is usually only a $100-$125 unless you really screw it up. Tires are expensive, but can usually be patched fairly cheaply (unless you happen to get unlucky and get a pucture in a sidewall). I have yet to damage or misplace a key. My windshield is covered free of charge under my auto insurance plan. Paintless dent repair isn't all that expensive either.
      2016 XC90 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar✦ - Osmium Grey / Bowers & Wilkins / Climate / Convenience / Vision / Air Suspension / HUD

Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      yes I was told that VIPP had to be bought at the same time as the vehicle, cannot buy it afterwards. The reasoning was that the dealership has to vette the condition of the car upon exchange.
      This is incorrect, at least in the U.S.A.

On the Volvo website for the extended warranty plans, it states that the extended warranty plans are "Available even if you have 1 month and 1000 miles remaining on your New Car Limited Warranty".

Quote Originally Posted by rwparker35 View Post
      This is incorrect, at least in the U.S.A.

On the Volvo website for the extended warranty plans, it states that the extended warranty plans are "Available even if you have 1 month and 1000 miles remaining on your New Car Limited Warranty".
      oh wait i meant the PPP - the Protection Plus Plan, sorry not VIPP
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

Quote Originally Posted by worldsmart02 View Post
      Which is better get extended Warrenty or fsm upgrade . How much fsm costs for these cars after factory warrenty expires
      It depends on your driving habits and preferences.

1. Do you want your car only serviced at Volvo by Volvo Techs or do you have a Trusted Local Mechanic. A Volvo Warranty is still valid if a 3rd party performs the work, so long as you keep records and receipts.

I for one wanted my car serviced at Volvo for the next 100,000 miles, so when I was asked about compensation for a major screw up, I said give me the 7 yr + wear Full Maintenance Plan.

2. The extended warranty I have was a CPO good for 73 months after purchase. 11 Months had run since the car was serviced until point I bought it. Again, I wanted a CPO for piece of mind. If I'm dropping 32+ K Tax, Title, Licensing + cost of car, etc, I don't want ANY MORE expenses. So the CPO gave me the extra assurance. I bought a loaner car with a few thousand miles on it. The card had a few digs (rock chips) and a scraped underside bumper when I'm sure some woman ignored the parking sensor and hit the curb. Nothing too serious though. Saved me a bundle to get a CPO + Loaner.

Long story short. It's all about preference. Do you want only volvo touching car or can you handle a 3rd party. If there's no 3rd party you trust or want to ensure the dealer is the only one performing maintenance, then the extended warranty and/or fsm make sense.

Mike sold me the top protection plan for key and wheels because my dealer didn't offer it. He was able to offer it as a result.

Roger Beasley in Georgetown

Had the usual post purchase sit down. They charged me $2200 for 7 year 70000 on VIP+. Not sure that is a decent price or not but they sell their own package that replicates the Protection Plan Plus which they do not offer. There cost: $4000 when you add it all up. I laughed in her face.

Can anyone tell me what a good price would be for PP+? That is assuming I didn't get taken on the VIP+.

Help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post
      Had the usual post purchase sit down. They charged me $2200 for 7 year 70000 on VIP+. Not sure that is a decent price or not but they sell their own package that replicates the Protection Plan Plus which they do not offer. There cost: $4000 when you add it all up. I laughed in her face.

Can anyone tell me what a good price would be for PP+? That is assuming I didn't get taken on the VIP+.

Help appreciated.
      https://www.steingold.com/-vip--extended-warranty.htm

Price out Warranties here. Save $200 with code SwedeSpeed. If you're nice and ask, Maybe mike will do the $250 off that was run for BlackFriday / CyberMonday. He has best prices on any Volvo Plans.

Most of these plans can be purchased at any time subject to inspection (aka no pre existing conditions). One exception is the excess wear and use policy for a lease which has to be on the lease contract. But often they'll say you have to buy it at the time of sale. Two reasons... first, very few people get around to thinking about it, and second, while there is money to be made, it's not so much to be worth the time, especially if it's after the fact and for someone shopping around. I'd personally rather spend my time on these forums than building quotes to maybe make $100 for the dealer, of which I'll get $20. But an extra $100 at time of sale where very little extra paperwork is involved, and sure! Some of the plans are better value than others. I know of at least one customer who keeps refusing the tire and wheel and he's on his 3rd damaged rim and blowout. Of course, most customer don't have this problem, hence it's an insurance not a guaranteed return. If you have a low deductible on your auto insurance I would talk with them first and see if there would be any premium penalty for occasional claims of this nature. If you have a $1000 deductible,that's where such plans can be of real value IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      Most of these plans can be purchased at any time subject to inspection (aka no pre existing conditions). One exception is the excess wear and use policy for a lease which has to be on the lease contract. But often they'll say you have to buy it at the time of sale. Two reasons... first, very few people get around to thinking about it, and second, while there is money to be made, it's not so much to be worth the time, especially if it's after the fact and for someone shopping around. I'd personally rather spend my time on these forums than building quotes to maybe make $100 for the dealer, of which I'll get $20. But an extra $100 at time of sale where very little extra paperwork is involved, and sure! Some of the plans are better value than others. I know of at least one customer who keeps refusing the tire and wheel and he's on his 3rd damaged rim and blowout. Of course, most customer don't have this problem, hence it's an insurance not a guaranteed return. If you have a low deductible on your auto insurance I would talk with them first and see if there would be any premium penalty for occasional claims of this nature. If you have a $1000 deductible,that's where such plans can be of real value IMO.
      I added the Ultimate Appearance Plan recently. I think these plans are often winners for the insurance, but this plan makes sense for me. I repaired 2 holes and it cost me $190. I also had a dent removed that probably happened during shipping. Cost me $80. Already dropped $270 in 3.5 years. Seems I'd just add the Appearance plan and be done with it. I'm sure I'll get a few rips and holes that'll make it pay itself off. And the odd dent or two.

Either way, that's the extent I'd go. Didn't add Wheel Appearance. Sure everyone will have some wear and tear on their rims, but I'm not anal here. You're going to spend a lifetime getting the cosmetics fixed cause of every rock, bump, etc. Too much hassle.

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements