3.0L T6: 400bhp Polestar - Page 20
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
      Has Hilton or others been able to improve the six-speed transmission programming? The P* transmission tune is different than the regular T6 sport mode tuning but I am wondering if there have bene improvements in combination with ECU tuning to unlock some additional performance gains.
      2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Has Hilton or others been able to improve the six-speed transmission programming? The P* transmission tune is different than the regular T6 sport mode tuning but I am wondering if there have bene improvements in combination with ECU tuning to unlock some additional performance gains.
      I’d love it if they had a standalone transmission tune, even one that merely brought the torque limiting of of non P* cars up to P* Engineered spec, but I do know that you can order their ecu tunes with torque limiting removed altogether. That strikes me as both risky and also hugely appealing as a big performance adder as these cars (or at least nonP*) launch very softly and hold back a lot of power until you hit the upper gears where you really feel the car pull so much harder once they are in 3rd gear and beyond. The biggest downside to the TDI box is it is still held back by torque limiting and only finds its stride once it gets into 3rd gear, while 60ft times and short times on the track don’t improve. The fact that my car still trapped several mph higher and a few tenths quicker shows how much extra power it has even as it remains about the same at lower speeds. Think of how much quicker it would be if it was a tenth quicker at launch in the 60ft measure, which would be worth about 2 tenths more in the quarter mile. The car easily has the power and traction to get sub 2.0 60ft times but it still gets out of the hole barely quicker than a fwd car with far less traction because it won’t leave the line under boost and there’s a noticeable pause when you release the brake, as it gets under way with a very soft initial launch.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

ttt
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      Oh boy, 4.9. That's still worse than stock.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
      Trying to breathe a little life back into this sleepy thread with a bump: My S60 T6 with light mods ran 12.99 at 109mph at the drag strip with the help of the TDI box, as I’ve mentioned elsewhere. That ET and trap speed would put my actual 0-60 time in the 4.2-4.4ish second range. YMMV
      12.99 at 109mph

I recently installed one of these (oscarII’s old one) and hadn’t noticed much difference, tbh. But we had some higher temperatures this last week (90s). It’s been rainy the last couple days and back to Pre-installation weather. Now I can tell that the car pulls harder, but obviously is in dire need of a larger intercooler and supporting cast. Do88 or something else is in my near future, methinks. I also plan on doing the kpax exhaust, although the pricing on the IPD dp and exhaust is cheaper and tempting. But sound clips haven’t been great on it. 😕
      Current- 15 V60 T6 AWD RD Platinum P* Tuned
      Graveyard/Parts Bin/Projects:
      05 S40 T5 AWD GT Satin Pearl White
      06 V50 T5 AWD GT
      07 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by carreragt7 View Post
      I recently installed one of these (oscarII’s old one) and hadn’t noticed much difference, tbh. But we had some higher temperatures this last week (90s). It’s been rainy the last couple days and back to Pre-installation weather. Now I can tell that the car pulls harder, but obviously is in dire need of a larger intercooler and supporting cast. Do88 or something else is in my near future, methinks. I also plan on doing the kpax exhaust, although the pricing on the IPD dp and exhaust is cheaper and tempting. But sound clips haven’t been great on it. 😕
      These cars need cold air and low IATs for maximum performance in stock form, even more so to see major benefits from the TDI box which thrives in cold air. I can only assume that the ECU dials back timing advance and boost in warmer weather to protect the engine, but it also aggressively walks-out the tune when it can do so safely with cold air and high octane fuel. SOTP impressions to that effect are supported by my measured results at the drag strip in various conditions and states of tune, with and without race gas, where the TDI box improves upon stock performance more and more the colder the conditions get, and more still when a bit of race gas is added to the tank.
      12.99 at 109mph

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20