SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Heico XC60 Project has begun

34K views 160 replies 32 participants last post by  Ocean Racer 
#1 · (Edited)
Following on from the current V70R Project, I introduce a new addition to the stable.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo xc60 Sport utility vehicle

2011 XC60 T6 R Design

Included with the following factory additions:
• City Safety / Technology package
• Climate package
• Multimedia package

Performance Mods:
• Polestar Optimisation upgrade
• Polestar Front Intercooler
• Hilton Polestar to Stage 3 tune @ 22psi
Custom billet K26/GTX3071 with Heavy Duty thrust system.
GFB Blow off Valve DV+ T9358
Garrett Wastegate actuator (12psi internal spring)

• SNABB Turbo intake Pipe system with custom Turbo pipe
• Heico BMC air filter
• Ferrita 3.5" Performance downpipe
• Polestar Bi-mode exhaust system
• Remote exhaust actuator flap control
• Upgraded fuel pump
• 725cc Injectors
• Colder spark plugs
• Gold insulation pipe heat wrap
• Lithiumax lithium 12v battery

Suspension:
• Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system
• IPD-USA performance sway bar
• Powerflex Torque Rod Insert

Internal / External:
• 2010 fog lights and fog light housing painted satin silver
• Rear tailgate trim painted satin silver
• Polestar shifter
• Nordic Light Oak centre console trim
• Illuminated Volvo door trims
• Complete interior Dynamat & heat lining for all doors and interior floor
• Full interior / exterior courtesy light LED bulb refit
• LED headlight bulb exchange
• Rear mounted fire extinguisher
• Hardwired additional 12v accessory sockets behind waterfall console
• Remote tailgate
• Rear camera equaliser mod
• Mud Flaps

Wheels:
• Heico Sportiv Volution VII 19"

Make up:
• Heico Sportiv badging
• Custom Terrangkorning Landvagn decals

Heico front emblem - replaces the factory R-design emblem
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Bumper

Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system and IPD-USA rear sway bar
Vehicle Auto part Car Muffler Engine

Height comparison between R-Design and Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo xc60 Automotive design

Terrangkorning Landvagn decals. Swedish for Offroad Land wagon
Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior Minivan

See less See more
#49 ·
Yes you do. It goes on the rear o2 sensor - the good news is that is the easier one to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#51 ·
Any updates and/or pics?

#56 ·
Allow me to jump in. This is a side by side comparison of my stock 3.0T S60 T6 downpipe with the Ferrita one. The big design improvement seems to be the removal of the close-coupled cat near the flange that connects the dp to the turbo. Not only should that make the dp less restrictive, but it should also help slow moving exhaust flow (at low rpm or steady cruise) accelerate faster at throttle tip-in when you decide to accelerate, which would spool the turbo more quickly. So whether or not it makes peak power, it makes the turbo spool faster for less lag and crisper throttle response. Removing the close coupled cat should also reduce EGTs allowing your car to keep running strong without the ecu having to dial back timing to stave off detonation as tends to happen when EGTs climb. Close coupled cats are good for cold start emissions, but bad for repeatable power due to their tendency to heat up quickly.

Attachments

#58 ·
What's your take on the sound and performance? You are running the KPAX exhaust, right? I'm eager to hear your feedback and perhaps an exhaust video.

#59 ·
About 25% more turbo spool / intake noise.
Turbo spools quicker and XC is definitely faster.
I did time an impressive low 5 second 0-60 with my OBD gauge tool, fully laden on my way back from work.
Still running factory exhaust. I'm getting the Polestar bi-modal exhaust soon.

#60 ·
Very impressive! With all of my mods I am around 5.5 - can't seem to crack that barrier.

#61 ·
Very impressive! With all of my mods I am around 5.5 - can't seem to crack that barrier.

I STILL think, the exhaust and downpipe size is too small( on available over the counter stuff) on these. Look at that downpipe, whats that after the cat, 2.5 in ? Why would they not make it the same size as right off the turbo??The whole system should be at least 3in. I have no plan to mod mine much, but if I was going to tune it/better intercooler ,etc, and shoot for 400hp, the FIRST thing would be a custom 3in at the very minimum. I was VERY disappointed to see the IPD system I paid large cash for was the same size as stock. If I'd paid more attention, and noticed that, I wouldn't have bought it. I Would have just put a good muffler on it.Has anyone ever put a pressure gauge just after the turbo to see what the back pressure is?? I would be VERY curious to see what it is. I know everything is a compromise somewhat, but I can't believe the small size on these parts and systems.

#64 ·
I really hope someone taps into the pipe before the cat. and takes a reading, would love to see what the pressure is. Very easy to drill a small hole, and tack a 3/16 piece of brakeline in, and put a pressure gauge on it,, and make a hard run through the gears to see what the reading is. Can even tack the brakeline to a hose clamp, then clamp to downpipe so as not to mark up the downpipe if your worried about that. Then just tack the hole shut with stainless wire. Easy and only a tiny mark on the pipe.

#65 ·
#66 · (Edited)
Further upgrades compled.

Polestar bi mode exhaust installed.
Looks and sounds like a Polestar!
Full dynamat and acoustic insulation installed.
New breather box.
New brakes.
New tyres.

Polestar bi-mode exhaust being test fitted:

Drivers side floor prior to dynamat:

after:

Polestar up and running :thumbup:

Am very happy with the results!

#69 ·
Great work! Did the sound deadening make a big difference? Is it much quieter on the highway?

#76 ·
Holy H E double hockey sticks that sounds badass; dare I say perfect. What's the exact turboback setup now?

#77 ·
How do you cope with driving through neighborhoods and workplace parking lots?

#79 ·
I know the feeling.... what are your fumes like between the Ferrita downpipe and Polestar exhaust? Also... any check engine lights due to the rear o2 sensor?

#81 ·
Thanks. That helps confirm my suspicion that my Ferrita downpipe has an issue with the cat. I can smell the exhaust, and it’s much louder than I expected and others have shared. I call it an “issue” but I’m sure others would love to have a no cat downpipe. Lol.

#88 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.